What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reddy for 2016 Petition

Would you like to sign the #reddyfor2016 petition?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Maybe later

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Swiftstylez

Bench
anibkYS.jpg

DPXLH2q.jpg

Former seven season Parramatta Eels legend Joel Reddy is only signed until the end of this year with the Rabbitohs. He is a good defencive back with a high work rate and finishes off tries with the safest hands in the league which is why he has earned a permanent starting position with the Rabbitohs. He protects leads unlike someone of the leaky cauldrons we have had over the last few years. I think he is a good option if Robinson turns out to be more rocks than diamonds or if Champion only plays half of this season (Edit: is out for the season). Wouldn't it be good if we could have slot him in with Champion and Semi looking to be out this week (Round 3)?

Even if he was a depth player he can play the following: Winger, Centre, 5/8, Fullback, 2nd Row or come off the bench to cover nine positions in the team. His experience would be valuable to our younger players.

#Reddyfor2016

Reddy was made to be blue and gold.

Feel free to print out my signature and stick it on the back of your car, thanks. Lets get this trending on twitter. Once I have enough signatures/discussion I will forward it to the Eels HQ so please get on board.

The 2015 Reddy Report

Round One: Solid, opposition never looked like scoring on his side. Scored a try to boot and made some smart positioning plays.

Round Two: Missed a bomb in the first half but scored the winning try by getting down low and bumping off his winger. A few nice runs and offloads and a nice take against a much taller Tupou after his initial error.

Round Three: No tries scored on the Rabbitohs wings, wouldn't that be nice?

Reddy Fact #1:
A team with Reddy in it has never won a wooden spoon
Reddy Fact #2:
He was part of the Rabbitohs squad that won the 2014 NRL Premiership
Reddy Fact #3:
He is playing the best he ever has in his career and thus has been rewarded with a permanent starting spot at the Rabbitohs in 2015
Reddy Fact #4: Reddy is off to a flying start in 2015. Including the World Club Challenge, Reddy has scored at least one try in all three games and scored twice against St Helen's. (As of Round 2)
Reddy Fact #5: Reddy has an excellent strikerate. Round 2 in 2015 marked ten appearances for the Rabbitohs for Joel Reddy and 11 if you count the World Club Challenge. In those 11 games he has scored 11 tries. I cannot find another player with at least ten games played that has a one try a game average for the club they currently play for. For example, a prolific try scorer like Rhys Wesser played 41 games for the Rabbitohs and only scored 16 tries.

3gaHokG.jpg

Reddy Flashbacks:

[YOUTUBE]yy5YC3ct4o0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OrI4-oD54Mo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xSMtcU5Xjuw[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-reject-offer/story-e6frexnr-1226048689046

Excerpt from 2011:

The Daily Telegraph can reveal three rival NRL clubs and one English Super League team have swooped on Joel Reddy, one of the club's more consistent players.

"Joel's loyal to Parramatta and he loves the players out there. He would like to stay but at this stage we haven't got an offer in writing," Gillis said. "At the same time there is plenty of interest in his talents and other clubs are keen to recruit him.

"He's only recently married and his wife is expecting their first child so you can understand he has to think about his family and his future."

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, lets ditch our juniors and sign a has been to take up cap space

Swiftstylez

Bench
yeh, lets ditch our juniors and sign a has been to take up cap space

A has been that has earned his position in the starting line up for the NRL premiers? A has been that was part of a premiership winning team last year? A player that won the world cup with the Rabbitohs this year? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMtcU5Xjuw

If that makes you a has been then you must be a never was.

What a judge of talent. Our juniors????? The ones that will go to other clubs when they get good or the ones that won us a grand final since the year that Reddy left??? Oh wait we haven't made the finals since Reddy left, is that 6 years in a row?

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A has been that has earned his position in the starting line up for the NRL premiers? A has been that was part of a premiership winning team last year? A player that won the world cup with the Rabbitohs this year? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSMtcU5Xjuw

If that makes you a has been then you must be a never was.

What a judge of talent. Our juniors????? The ones that will go to other clubs when they get good or the ones that won us a grand final since the year that Reddy left??? Oh wait we haven't made the finals since Reddy left, is that 6 years in a row?

well that pretty much nails it

Swiftstylez

Bench
Reddy Fact #1: He has never won a wooden spoon
Reddy Fact #2: He was part of the Rabbitohs squad that won the 2014 NRL Premiership
Reddy Fact #3: He is playing the best he ever has in his career and thus has been rewarded with a permanent starting spot at the Rabbitohs in 2015

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Reddy Fact #1: He has never won a wooden spoon
Reddy Fact #2: He was part of the Rabbitohs squad that won the 2014 NRL Premiership
Reddy Fact #3: He is playing the best he ever has in his career and thus has been rewarded with a permanent starting spot at the Rabbitohs in 2015

so go blow him, you seem to be the only interrested in him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Having cheap players like Joel Reddy has allowed the Bunnies to spend more on their key players. I wish we had some players as cheap as Joel Reddy (only better).

T.S Quint

Coach
Having cheap players like Joel Reddy has allowed the Bunnies to spend more on their key players. I wish we had some players as cheap as Joel Reddy (only better).

You don't think Robinson is cheap?
How about Champion?
I can't see those guys being on more than Reddy.

Swiftstylez

Bench
so go blow him, you seem to be the only interrested in him

Well it seems like im going to have to educate a few of you. I will be back with my round two assessment of Reddy. I think a lot of users can attest to my eye for talent and I am always on the mark.

Round one : Solid, opposition never looked like scoring on his side. Scored a try to boot and made some smart positioning plays.

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
I'd be happy to have Readdy back, has plenty or experience, does not make may mistakes, is solid in defence and can play 1, 2, 3 or 6. So very good utility value. You need a player like that in your club. And he would not be expensive. But all that dose not really help us this year.

Parra47

Juniors
Yeah he played a bit of 6 in the lower grades and I think he won a reserve grade grand final with us at 6. Not saying he'd play 6 in first grade, but being able to play that position shows he has some ball skills that he can use playing wing or centre. Again it does not help us this season. And we are starting to look thin.

Latest posts