What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redemption Year

glory79

Juniors
This could possibly be the year that we earn redemption for the past 5 Grand Final losses. If all goes well, this is what could happen:

Week 1: We beat the Broncos (92 & 93)
Week 2: We beat Manly (96)
Week 3: We beat Melbourne (99)
Week 4: We beat the Bulldogs (85)

To do this, we need the following to happen: Melbourne, Dogs, Newcastle and us to win this week. Us to beat Manly next week, and us to beat Melbourne and the Dogs to beat the winner of Newcastle-Brisbane in week 3.

All GF losses for the past 20 years can be redeemed in 4 weeks. Bring it on!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Swell. All the bastards are lined up, all that remains is for the stars to be aligned also, in our favour.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You forgot Easts from 1975. Oh that's right... they were only making up the numbers this year.

I'm curious as to why Cogburn, Melon and co have avoided this forum since the weekend.

gregstar

Referee
or maybe we'll be adding a new club to the list if the knights roll us in te biggy.

Steel Dragon

Bench
i am confident we can beat every team in the eight - except the bulldogs.
Heres hoping someone else knocks them out for us...

Dragon_psa

First Grade
SD - I'd be more confident about facing the Dogs in the big one than I would be playing Melbourne.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That would be awesome Glory 79. Certainly take away those painful memories.

It would be even better to flog Brisbane, Take a player out of the game when we beat Dogs, Win contreversially against the Eagles with a try after being tackled and playing on, and beat Melbourne with a penalty try in the dying minutes......What the heck, just flog them all by 30 would be better.

Winning the GF by more than 36 would also remove that unwanted record.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Dragon_psa said:
SD - I'd be more confident about facing the Dogs in the big one than I would be playing Melbourne.

Actually now that reni maitua is out - i reckon we can beat all comers.
and i wouldnt worry about melbourne - i think theyre about to fall into a big heap......

glory79

Juniors
Cliches suck. Lets aim high and get heaps disappointed. That hasnt happened for 12 months, I dont think my brain would know how to act if it didnt happen again, I think I would be committed to an institution of some type!

The Preacher

First Grade
Aiming high is fine. I honestly believe that we can win the comp, but all I'm thinking about at the moment is The Broncos on Saturday. If we get the chockies then I'll start worrying about who they play next. I have no interest in the different possibilities of playing this mob then that mob, I'll just think about the game at hand.
By the way, I've been disappointed every year since '79, I AM AN INSTITUTION !!! :crazy:

glory79

Juniors
By the way, I've been disappointed every year since '79, I AM AN INSTITUTION !!! :crazy:[/quote]

I like it!! Its like saying "I dont feel pain, Im a Dragons supporter!"

The Preacher

First Grade
That about sums it up Glory, I can't be hurt any more than I have been before, but I'm still here and still supporting. Probably more fanatically than at any time previous.](*,) It feels sooo good when you stop !!!

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
That about sums it up Glory, I can't be hurt any more than I have been before, but I'm still here and still supporting. Probably more fanatically than at any time previous.](*,) It feels sooo good when you stop !!!

Yeah I surpose we will all die St.George through and through . It's a form of self abuse that others will never understand . If I could turn back time , if I could find a way :pray: :doubt: :music1:

The Preacher

First Grade
Father Ted said:
Yeah I surpose we will all die St.George through and through . It's a form of self abuse that others will never understand . If I could turn back time , if I could find a way :pray: :doubt: :music1:

If I could reach the stars,

I'd be over the cap,

And then there's trouble,

Doust WONT take the rap.

Father Ted

First Grade
If I could reach the stars,

I'd be over the cap,

And then there's trouble,

Doust WONT take the rap.

Godz Illa

Coach
The NRL promo banners around the city certainly brightened up a grey morning. If things proceed as hoped I might have to knock one of these off...

Photo-0043.jpg

The Preacher

First Grade
First decent thing "The Dog Collar" has done to promote Rugby League.

Then again, maybe she's on leave in Lesbania ???? :lol:

G

gorilla

The Preacher said:
First decent thing "The Dog Collar" has done to promote Rugby League.

Then again, maybe she's on leave in Lesbania ???? :lol:

She'd be turning over in her crypt seeing sports on the flags.