What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redevelopment of Jubilee

lemnoc

Juniors
Looks like the the State Government's push for boutique suburban stadiums is getting support by the new NSW Premier. Although Kogarah's Jubilee Stadium was being touted as one of the venues to receive funding, it now looks like Brookvale, Penrith and Liverpool are the favourites to be redeveloped into similar versions of Bankwest.
I cannot believe the Dragons are going to get shafted again. This could be a game changer for our club. Look at what a difference it has made to Eels, both on and off the field. Is the club and the board on the front foot with this, trying to make this happen or are they happy to continue to be playing at our adequate, but far from impressive home ground in our heartland?

Willow

Assistant Moderator

possm

Coach
Bulldogs to be relocated to Liverpool for political reasons. The NRL want the Dragons to be based at Wollongong not Kogarah. I believe the current SGI Board of management are complicet with this view over the long term.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I love my Dragons and would like the best available facilities for the club. However living in regional N.S.W. it appalls me to see just how much the State government forks out on some grounds that simply do not require any improvement whatsoever .

Spend a bit of our dough in the country , where a little would go a long way and also be much appreciated .

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
I would be surprised if they redeveloped Jubilee Oval into say a mini Bankwest. Setting aside traffic, neighbour complaints and heritage issues, the Dragons play, what 6 or 7 games a year there, Sydney FC will move back to the new SFS so the usage/return on investment will be low. Then again, if there are a votes in it, anything can happen.

possm

Coach
If I was in charge I'd turn the Taj into a sports Club and share Kogarah Oval with Union and Soccer ensuring a return on investment for the upgrade.

State Schools are relocated all the time these days, so as long as a new site has a more modern build with better facilities, there won't be a lot of opposition.

Bringing in Union and Soccer would do well for the Taj and possibly provide cash for some much-needed upgrades.

We at least need to get the Sports Community behind the project or it will be a lost cause.

Trifili13

Juniors
If I was in charge I'd turn the Taj into a sports Club and share Kogarah Oval with Union and Soccer ensuring a return on investment for the upgrade.

State Schools are relocated all the time these days, so as long as a new site has a more modern build with better facilities, there won't be a lot of opposition.

Bringing in Union and Soccer would do well for the Taj and possibly provide cash for some much-needed upgrades.

We at least need to get the Sports Community behind the project or it will be a lost cause.
Problem with bringing in union or soccer is there are no teams that fit the bill that would attract enough patrons. As I said in my previous post, Sydney FC moving back to new SFS, Waratahs would not play there as it's not their demographic, Southern Districts play at Forshaw Park in Sylvania but hardly draw a crowd to underpin a new stadium. Local union and soccer teams don't pull a crowd. Unless you can guarantee decent crowds, preferably each week or at worst every second week, then can't see the govt spending money on a rebuild.

Only way I can see a new stadium down south is if it was on a share basis with the Gummies (I know will never happen so don't abuse me) but even that bird has flown with the revamp of their leagues club and ground.

Latest posts