What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

expert

Juniors
So you think a coach that took last year's spooners to equal 13 other coaches this year should be sacked. I suppose if a fat lady who dresses herself in leotards to resemble a human ice cream cone thinks she looks good then you have the right to call yourself 'expert'

Methinks you're just trying to get me to defend Flanagan to trick me into saying the cup means more than the Shield. I doubt any coach could have taken the Sharks further in the Shield, if you bothered to compare their personnel to teams above them . . . enlighten us on which Roosters you'd swap for Sharks

If the Cowboys begin their two remaining games in the same fashion as last night they will win the cup, already the best finishers in the game no team could match that effort. All Green/Cartwright have to do is replicate two more such performances . . . enlighten us on how many coaches you've seen do that

With a little luck the Roosters will play the Cowboys in the cup final, I'll be satisfied the Shield wasn't denigrated and the two best equipped teams will have no excuses . . . as it should be
The cowboys can't take any thing from that win except the fact that they have won and have kept the lose lose win lose win lose win going since rnd 22, next weeks looking good For Smiths men.

The Spoon sits squarely on Flanno's and the players shoulders, 2015s top 8 finish was lucky a -38 by rnd 26 and thier finals finish proves my point defense is an attitude instilled by the coach. I would swap a few players if Robbo was sharks coach.

POPEYE

Coach
Hunters being knocked out by the Jets is a shame in some ways but the style of the Walker Bros getting this far in the Qld Cup is encouraging, the best coaches, led by Bellamy of course, may toss the worn out wrestle in the bin and adapt a concept that was too risky in the NRL to experiment with given no precedence

Remains to be seen if their free range footy can be thwarted by intense defence but the Walkers may offer the only alternative to slowing down the ruck. I've not studied the Jets because I don't get a chance where I am but I imagine they don't have too many Titanics like Kasiano, maybe someone in Qld can tell me the physique required to orchestrate free range footy

If it works the new interchange rules may encourage it even more, I spoke of Horrie Hastings before and his style was definitely suited, could imagine his son would thrive the Walker Way

POPEYE

Coach
Paul Kent is rubbishing the bunker system, nothing much will change he says, we all know he's wrong. Admittedly the change won't be awe inspiring but surely the NRL will employ the minimum number of staff needed to run the joint. With a crew should come a captain with overriding input if there's indecision

With a clear job description, no current referees or passers by given a seat, the crew remains constant until someone f**ks up . . . 3 strikes and he's out sort of thing . . . no more 'there's always next week

Kent also advocates a captain's challenge as the best way to go, wrong again. If I was a referee and positive I made a right decision and it was wrongly overturned, video refs are not always right especially when they are part timers, I would get square . . . because I can be a real merkin when I want to be

POPEYE

Coach
Starting to sound like a cheer leader in the Hastings fan club I am, Hunt's declaration that Pearce won't be overawed at Suncorp is because he'd rather him play than Jackson. Maloney wants Pearce to play so he can pass the buck if things go pear shaped, who better than the usual whipping boy

Broncos know all about Pearce, not being match fit makes it worse for the poor bloke, easy to imagine the wankers on LU lining up for a shot if the Roosters lose. Maloney is the key to any Roosters's win, has been since he was poached from the Warriors, removing the scapegoat would make him play better and imo Hastings would have been more dangerous because each week he surprises more

POPEYE

Coach
Yeh, no time to get serious, especially when the cup means sfa to me, Pearce was the #7 when the Roosters proved they were the best team of the year . . . wtf, the vibes have been wrong occasionally

Speaking of vibes, Bellamy says short turn arounds are not good for players but his mob play better when needed on the end of them, so it's not looking good for the AAMI crowd

I get bad vibes about some things, never good vibes about anything, so you can claim I want the Roosters and Cowboys to lose . . . right there . . . or is it wrong there

Shit, almost forgot, some people are nominating Flanno for Best Coach . . . what do the f**king media know

and on a serious note, RIP Mike Gibson, I remember the bloke when he was a Bears tragic, he never faltered in his love for the game

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
What do you know about Scott Drinkwater expert, looks as though he'll be groomed for #7 when Cronk goes to play Union

POPEYE

Coach
Just skimming over thread labels this morning is enough revelation without reading further, 'Adam Blair' a bell hanging over the heads of latter day believers. If the bloke was a canine he'd be a Blue Heeler, always has and always will react to those around him, if he sees a tiger laying around chewing on a f**king bone he'll do exactly the same

Then there's supposed to be a list of people who underestimate Benny's coaching ability, it'd be as comprehensive as the list of Italian war heroes and only in doubt by those who confuse his conniving with ability. The bloke's lifetime hobby has been 'The Excellence of Smug' which is something that can only be achieved by hard work

Another wonderful piece of deduction is implying that the Roosters may have fared better if they were at full strength, like when JWH tore a game apart recently and his team mates played as the Broncos did last night. The same people who write the Roosters, or any team, after one unfortunate game are the same pricks who eulogise the gf as the be all end all

POPEYE

Coach
That'll do me, good result, Melbourne are a tired outfit and did well to stick it to the wankers who said at the start of the season they'd miss the eight. Broncos are shit hot and the Cowboys are the only team who can give them a run for their money

Already the vibes are telling me Benny's mob will drink from the cup . . . as much as I want the Cowboys to win I'm looking for a trip chasing pigs next weekend

POPEYE

Coach
Just to expand on the above, never thought I'd see the day but the Cowboys/Broncos have the two best 4 man practiced spines in the comp, Thurston and Hunt only need their forwards to step up and it's anyone's game next week. They are definitely the two teams deserving of playing in the final only because they have survived intact

The reason I won't be watching is that I reckon Thurston may not be 100%, exacerbated by the bullshit commitments he'll be forced to endure this week the game could turn into a fiasco for the Cowboys. I'll catch a replay if the game goes down to the wire . . . if the Cowboys win I may even start believing in immortality, Thurston being the first to deserve the accolade

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, I'm going to have to interrupt pig hunting and impose on the property owner to find a television set after all, don't want to miss Ipswich playing Newcastle next weekend. Pissweak the Intrust game wasn't televised in NSW, or at least I couldn't find it, not sure who was the more surprised with the announcement the Blackhawks were knocked over . . . bellyache or I

Bellyache reckons Newton's mob are in for a bigger surprise than Townsville, Newcastle haven't seen the Walker bros style of coaching up close so the game should be intriguing.

No, it's ok, Fox will be replaying the State game on Monday . . . and the Ipswich/Townsville replay is on Fox 10.30 Wed

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Crikey, I'm going to have to interrupt pig hunting and impose on the property owner to find a television set after all, don't want to miss Ipswich playing Newcastle next weekend. Pissweak the Intrust game wasn't televised in NSW, or at least I couldn't find it, not sure who was the more surprised with the announcement the Blackhawks were knocked over . . . bellyache or I

Bellyache reckons Newton's mob are in for a bigger surprise than Townsville, Newcastle haven't seen the Walker bros style of coaching up close so the game should be intriguing.

No, it's ok, Fox will be replaying the State game on Monday . . . and the Ipswich/Townsville replay is on Fox 10.30 Wed

It's called Maori rugby lol...backyard footy is awesome, refreshing & entertaining. Will win games more often than not but just like Polynesian footy (except Maoris :D) won't last and won't be taken seriously...unfortunately. The top 2 inches and stamina is what is needed at the end of the day and I reckon bush players and Maori players are the only 2 that have that...hope it catches on but not holding my breath....