What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
There will much said about the Norman affair, clearly a bloke who is dumb enough to let himself be searched by bouncers is not the sharpest tool in the shed. His biggest danger however is not stupidity but how much money can be made from it, the media will most certainly not pass up the opportunity

So as it should be Corey will never become immortal, wrong end of his career to make himself a target, should he be a sacrificial lamb is the question. In this day and age which is the better course to follow, denigrate the bloke for setting a poor example or help him to help others shy away from becoming infected by what is becoming the worst disease known to man . . . if he is indeed guilty of being a contagion

Good news may never be anywhere as 'newsworthy' as bad news but Norman should be given a fair chance of explaining/altering/correcting any errors of his ways. There could be much more to be made from this than selling f**king newspapers

POPEYE

Coach
Not convinced that Hurrell is what the Titans need, methinks they should concentrate on Ash Taylor type youngsters biting at the bit rather than bit players. Over the years the Titans have been hog tied by part timers who only turn it up when they're in the mood

How much risk is there in giving more 'cheap' PNG players a shot at the big time or dig around in NZ like Bellamy does. Have Fijian stocks been exhausted of Radradra types and is there nothing to look at in bush footy

Maybe Henry thinks he can recondition Hurrell but his time would be better spent in discovery, the biggest danger to the Titans is looking for a quick fix

POPEYE

Coach
Brisbane didn't lose the game the Tigers won it, only by one point because 10% of their game was rubbish but the other 90% couldn't have been better.

I'm not going to knock Robbie because he's going to win the State Wank for NSW but it was an underdone Ballin calling the troops while taking positive steps forward from dummy half that kept the usually erratic Tigers concentrated for most of the game. I got a giggle when Matty Johns had to bite his tongue when he was about to say the team played better without Farah because the halves weren't intimidated

Benny's boys were not unlucky, his playmakers didn't play up to scratch any less than the Tigers' playmakers usually fail to play up to scratch, he should be grateful the Tigers didn't go on with the job . . . they looked like an American 6 year old playing with daddy's gun when it went off

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, how close were the Dragons to becoming the NRL court jesters, WIN has to be worth 10 points and the Cowboys were riding rocking horses. A loss for Mary would have been catastrophic, the vulture press reaction doesn't bear thinking about

Looks as though Green has definitely metamorphosed into a supercoach, his histrionics in the box showed he never accepted his mob shouldn't win, great to see the little bloke fire up. That the Dragons are thinking of re-signing Benji is an indicator of the lack of foresight in the joint, they should enter a team for synchronised swimming at Rio . . . treading water their speciality

POPEYE

Coach
No secret the Dogs are the only team in the comp I want to lose every game they play so I only watch games where the vibes tell me there's a good chance of it, so I'm not attempting to be an aficionado of their play. Does seem to me however that Dessie's demonic bash and barge game plan relies heavily on what mood the opposition is in

I never once thought the Dogs were going to beat the Raiders, must admit Sticky's mob had me on the edge of my seat with their slapstick comedy game plan but without Klemmer and Jackson ol' mate Kasiano was a stamina ridden shag on a rock

Just the same, Canberra only seem to do well when the opposition run off the rails, to imagine they can win against a team that sticks to their guns for 80 is fool's folly. Nevertheless, without bias mind you, the Raiders would always be the better team if both played to their full potential

POPEYE

Coach
Kudos to the Knights, the way they played far more important than a win, whether an ultimatum being posted or opportunities given or deadwood being cleared turned the corner for Newcastle is neither here nor there, what matters is hope has been resurrected in the joint

With the realisation that Parra's season is more than likely ratshit I found myself cheering for Brown's Babes, with luck he'll reward his mob by making it known positions in the team have to be earned as they were last night. Next step is to send out search parties for more players looking for a place to begin a career

Brown doesn't have to wait for returnees, as has been the boat anchor for Newcastle for years, he has nothing to lose by experimenting with new faces. Last night was the best to come from a lost weekend of footy

POPEYE

Coach
Looking forward to seeing more of the Latrell Mitchell good kind of arrogance exuded by Lapine, he could become another phenonemal Kiwi forward given the right coaching . . . oops, hopefully his arrogance is enough to overcome misdirection. The old Seagles would have put an erratic Raiders to the sword but anything could happen here

Will the Broncos have to play in sunglasses or does it get dark at 3pm on Mt Smart, not sure the Warriors are even smart enough to aim at the Brisbane 3-day-turnaround players let alone find a player smart enough to pull the trigger. Benny is definitely smart enough to rest troops and still win

I wouldn't make unnecessary changes if I was Brown, the mob that tried their hearts out last game need to be rewarded. Newcastle aren't going to beat the Cowboys if Thurston plays anyway so why go back to being a bus stop waiting shed

Bellamy will have to turn this game into a dour forward battle to win, can't see his magicians being up to performing many tricks, another extra short turnaround for a top team has the NRL making sure of that. Penrith need to win this one for Jabba's sake

If Farah plays go the Roosters

The quicker Keary come on as dummy half the better, if he doesn't the Titans could surprise all things being equal . . . should be a good game if The Wank doesn't have after affects

I will watch the Dogs' game, try and give the Sharks as much help as I can

POPEYE

Coach
Morgan just about sums it up: " . . . I only played 20 minutes so there's no reason not to play . . .". Still, it wasn't long ago he was concussed out of the game so that's good enough reason

I'd like to see every Origin player miss this weekend's games, since the NRL is controlled by NSW personnel the dumber it looks the better, gives the world an idea how f**king ridiculous it is to have one competition f**k another

Sorry folks for the ad nauseum but there'll be nothing else worth talking about for a while yet, unless you're into what has always been the painfully obvious affect gambling has on the game . . . like religion and the salary cap just another carrot for the donkeys to marvel over

POPEYE

Coach
Never ceases to amaze me, the lack of overview Sticky gets from the sideline not only of his team but less so of the opposition is tantamount to lining up for a root. While ever the bloke wants to be one of the boys in a gang bang the Raiders will continue to confuse themselves and spectators alike

I'm not complaining mind you, Joey Leilua is the key trouper in Sticky's Keystone Cops and would never listen to a supercoach anyway, the bloke is fascinating to watch because he's allowed to do it his way. He is winning games almost singlehandedly because he encourages his team mates to not die in the arse and any game plan would just be something to wipe an arse with

If the Raiders were as structured as the Storm/Cowboys/Broncos or even met half way like the Sharks there would be 5 teams vying for the Shield but I like it the way it is. The Raiders may be a waste of a good team but if beer, popcorn, laughs and excitement are what you want with your sport then so be it

POPEYE

Coach
The Warriors don't need Brad Arthur, as long as Johnson continues to take the line on as he did yesterday everything will be apples. You can forgive the dumb kicks even when they don't get a lucky bounce if the bloke runs to the line more than once a set. No coincidence the rest of his mob followed suit, surely that wasn't too much to ask from McFadden. Benny doesn't look healthy . . . no flippancy intended

Did the Knights take a step backwards or were the Cowboys just being the Premiers . . . methinks the latter

If you follow the Storm you'd be saying 'It's about f**king time', all these years waiting for a dominant forward pack on and off the bench, Bellamy has built a wall to protect his loved ones. Best thing about his wall is that it's almost Origin proof, a f**king door can't be forced open if there isn't one

POPEYE

Coach
Yes the Roosters played better to the conditions and the Tigers were lost without Robbie but the fact remains Robbo's mob were never going to get beaten because they played like they should.

I was hoping Taylor would grab a win without the gremlin being there, only because the Roosters' year is almost beyond redemption, Sydney however deserved nothing less and almost worth having Mitchell sidelined for a couple of games just to see how well Connor Watson can go . . . who do they play next

As much as I hate golden point the Titans deserved to win against a Souths that thought 40 minutes would be enough. Maguire shouldn't play 2 Burgess on the field at the same time, too much dumb spoils the broth, let's hope Walker stays #1 and the team settle on the 13 for the rest of the year

No more Dear Henry, even with Zillman at the back his mob are going to spoil a few teams' day off. Good to see a front rower with MOM . . . should be more of it given some of the results this weekend

POPEYE

Coach
I've queried that elsewhere ol' mate, nobody's jumped down my throat yet so hopefully there's a reason JAC wants to leave the Tigers other than money. There's more than one type of flood in SWS so maybe that's the reason or he could be frightened by the Moses/Brooks signings as some of us are.

I called him a Soccer player the first time I saw him score a try so I'd prefer to believe he wants to become the next Blacklock, he'll get more opportunity to learn to somersault in Melbourne. If he is a blatant poach to replace Marika I suppose there's a first time for everything . . . still be hard to swallow

Last night was a good example of why we shouldn't judge before the facts are in, I'm bound to get the piss taken when my missus wakes up. 5 minutes from the end of Sharks/Dogs I said 'F**k this, Flanno's mob are playing like shit' so I switched to my 30 minute recorded version of the 2 hour 'Voice'.

She was amused I sat through 75 minutes hoping to jinx the Dogs yet again and give up on the vinegar stroke. I said I refused to watch f**kwit Reynolds celebrate a win. So, just as I should have waited to see if the fat Kasiano was going to sing I will reserve judgement on JAC until the facts are in

POPEYE

Coach
Which team do you follow CW . . . you apparently like being bored so if you continue reading this thread why not participate