What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, what an omen filled night that was, after being forced to watch the match on Nine, switching to low volume surround sound to garble Jabba The Smug and then a Haka that didn't enthuse I knew I was going to struggle staying awake after a long day. The footy gods punishing Semi for deserting ship had to be par for the course, if he said he wanted to play for Qld the embarrassment could have been avoided

The Kiwi forwards did their best to set a platform only to be cruelled by their mascot #7, swap him for Cronk and their efforts could have easily proven worthwhile . . . f**k it, 'I told you so' doesn't suffice. The game went exactly as predicted by every man and his f**king dog given the circumstances, good job it was played in front of people crying out for something to cheer about

no name

Coach
I don't think swapping Cronk would have changed the result.
Swapping Smith would have had more of an influence.

POPEYE

Coach
I don't think swapping Cronk would have changed the result.
Swapping Smith would have had more of an influence.

Cronk runs the Storm, Smith just makes sure he's listened to and sets the cat amongst the pigeons himself now and again. Smith would have had to take the ball off Johnson to do any good

POPEYE

Coach
Best result of the week so far and won't be surpassed imo is PNG beating Fiji, not for any reason other than lighting a fire under the bogged down NRL. Great to see the Kumuls play direct, with confidence and for 80 minutes without a visible slackening off in determination.

This mob take the game a lot more seriously than people think and the difference a team in the Qld Cup has made to their credibility was for all to see. If PNG were to have a team in the NRL they'd have to buy a couple of established playmakers but the f**ked salary cap wouldn't be a problem, the rest would play for food and a roof over their head

I don't expect to see a PNG team in the NRL before I revert to pyjamas and once a week visits, there is however no reason Fiji can't be represented in the NSW Cup sooner rather than later . . . who am I kidding, the jobbing for the boys f**kwits running the game struggle to match the decisiveness required for a chook raffle

catweasel

Juniors
I couldn't be bothered reading your long winded posts. Can you please explain briefly what this thread is about?

POPEYE

Coach
I couldn't be bothered reading your long winded posts. Can you please explain briefly what this thread is about?

This thread is designed to deter people who can't understand what it's about so you've answered your own question and reached a conclusion without my help . . . enjoy not reading what I write

catweasel

Juniors
This thread is designed to deter people who can't understand what it's about so you've answered your own question and reached a conclusion without my help . . . enjoy not reading what I write

It seems you're trying to act like some form of journalist. But clearly you are too stupid judging by your ramblings.

POPEYE

Coach
No you haven't.

Ok CW, let's start at the top of the list of things I wrote that pisses you off, this is not a column it's a forum, I'll converse with anyone who has an opinion . . . don't be scared, I'll only bite if you do

catweasel

Juniors
Ok CW, let's start at the top of the list of things I wrote that pisses you off, this is not a column it's a forum, I'll converse with anyone who has an opinion . . . don't be scared, I'll only bite if you do

Ok sounds good.

POPEYE

Coach
Mother's day proved vexing for me, had to cart bellyache off to hospital when he fell off a ladder and turned his ankle into a rockmelon, never boring visiting the bloke. Four hours in emergency, travel and finishing up in a loud men's shed with female aliens meant I didn't get a chance to study a game that Jabba said would be hardly worth watching . . . something about NRL experience versus novices

Anyway, I'm going to have to watch today's replay to fully appreciate how Cartwright decimated Country, made doubly interesting when you consider Freddy is to coaching what a worm is to an apple. I caught glimpses of a favourite in Gutherson doing well and a surprise in Townsend, again proving he wasn't the Warrior gremlin after all

There was plenty of ruckus amid the cacophony in the the shed over many of the City players , I'm looking forward to analysing what all the fuss was about . . . when Jabba spoke out of his arse I should have guessed not to write the game off

POPEYE

Coach
Having fast forwarded my way through Ch9 commentary, which is the only way, the game was most enlightening. With time the Roosters may discover a Sonny Ryan Matterson, the bloke moves like he knows what he's doing, passes with promise and will probably outgrow Centre

Gutherson is proving far too good a passer of the ball to be wasted on the Wing and Gray may do Souths more justice if he plays Centre. Finchy said Cartwright could play #6 for the Blues and why not

Had to smile at Freddy, he looked as though he threw three heads in a row . . . come in spinner

POPEYE

Coach
So Gordy is flabbergasted and Sterlo is in agreeance, conjoined by the fact they look far better with heads shaved than the alternative, in that respect I'm one of the brethren. That's where it ends however, Sterlo is naïve enough to think Gordy cares what dumbarse Blair gets up to, the bloke is merely not missing a chance to have a shot at Benny

I like to pick on Benny for his arrogance, something I'm also guilty of, but to imagine Blair 'chicken winged' Sammy as a premeditated action is as f**king stupid as imagining Adam pre-thinks anything he does. The bloke's just an enthusiastic meathead, his indiscretions are as premeditated as purposely stepping on an ant

Benny needs Blair because the Broncos need Blair, trying to prevent him from mindlessly acting first and thinking later would be akin to removing the carrot from in front of the donkey. Benny can be no more accountable for what Blair does than Gordy is to be criticised for mumbling.

No doubt Benny will raise his eyebrow to Adam whilst telling him to try and be a little more careful, not sure whether it will come before or after he reminds the rest of his troops he expects an AB80 from all of them