What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

Bigcoq

Juniors
Ryan Morgan is a fantastic aquisition for Bellamy and could just be the man to get 1 back on Jennings..

POPEYE

Coach
It's another case of anything goes, excuse the pun AG if you're under cover, Sticky's mob on paper should be able to put Mary's to sleep but there are a surprising number of interesting matchups. Even though RL is one of the few things I watch in it's original timeslot I still wouldn't dare miss this game . . . everything else can wait

If the Inglis experiment works, that may be the wrong terminology because imo the bloke should only play in that line of attack, the Eels may find a detour on their pilgrimage. Admittedly it would be a surprise but stranger things have happened and I hope for Greg's sake that Maguire has realised what every one of his other coaches already knew

Why do I think the Panthers will win . . . can't tell, it's a secret. Pride may be the Warriors saviour, if they don't come up with something out of the bag we will know McFadden is definitely not to blame. The Warriors as a group must be the champion dummy spitters, not because they're effeminite but because they don't know what they want

Although Melbourne are not at full strength and even if they were Green's mob are on a roll that makes every team underdogs. I reckon Green is the real weak link and if the Storm don't get embarrassed that will do me

Biggest threat to the Broncos is the fact they can't lose . . . surely they won't be twice bitten. They've lost one of their mongrels but McGuire is still more than a match for anything the Seagles have

There's only one person that can save the Knights . . . brain f**king dead Andrew Fifita will have to be at his worst

Because Farah is playing I don't give a shit who wins the 'Home of Rugby League' game, Ch9 deserve this one for their pick of the round . . . the Dogs make a perfect threesome

If you're a RL purist it's funny how a Roosters' game is never one to be missed. How the Roosters are favourites is beyond me, it should be a clawing contest extraordinaire, Ryan Matterson will have my full attention but no SKD is a great leveller

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
While ever there are players like Munster arriving the salary cap can go f**k itself, he can't walk on water or make blind people see and he's not another member of the mythical 'Big' that green eyed people like to imagine exists.

He's just one of many exciting young players that were given the best opportunity possible because the club he went to are capable of giving him just that. Unlike the chicken and egg there is no question that confidence comes before talent, coaches that concentrate on establishing the heightened confidence necessary for players to step up to the NRL are the real 'Biggies'

If you want to imagine there is an unassailable group of 'The Big' let it include Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson and Green. Its exciting to see what Parramatta is doing, giving Arthur the chance to prove he is one of the elite.

I pity supporters who believe players are born talented and wallow in self pity when their club 'misses out' on the champions. Despair when players that promised so much fall to the wayside is more than often not just bad f**king luck' it's bad management. If Pearce had of been a Robbo prodigy and not been handed to one bum coach after another . . . 'shit happens' is a lousy mentor

I have no doubt that had Pearce received the intense and drawn out attention that Cronk needed . . . anyway, RL management is wasting its time waiting for champions to 'pop up', more should be done to ensure their creation

POPEYE

Coach
Golden point is not laughable because it's unnecessary but because the NRL have the temerity to shove it down our throats, it's tantamount to Ch9 thinking we can be convinced it is the 'home of RL'. If George Clooney thinks Trump as President is a joke he'd piss himself laughing if someone explained how GP works

Now that RL is 'live' there is no sense extending the game, no money to be made by null and void extra advertising revenue, the only reason GP was introduced. At least 'immortals' sells f**king magazines, all GP does is sell stupidity

Why can't there be two winners, one point is almost as good as two, if both teams fight for the full 80. The NRL contributes to making RL pathetic in so many ways it really is getting beyond a f**king joke

lynx000

Juniors
While ever there are players like Munster arriving the salary cap can go f**k itself, he can't walk on water or make blind people see and he's not another member of the mythical 'Big' that green eyed people like to imagine exists.

He's just one of many exciting young players that were given the best opportunity possible because the club he went to are capable of giving him just that. Unlike the chicken and egg there is no question that confidence comes before talent, coaches that concentrate on establishing the heightened confidence necessary for players to step up to the NRL are the real 'Biggies'

If you want to imagine there is an unassailable group of 'The Big' let it include Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson and Green. Its exciting to see what Parramatta is doing, giving Arthur the chance to prove he is one of the elite.

I pity supporters who believe players are born talented and wallow in self pity when their club 'misses out' on the champions. Despair when players that promised so much fall to the wayside is more than often not just bad f**king luck' it's bad management. If Pearce had of been a Robbo prodigy and not been handed to one bum coach after another . . . 'shit happens' is a lousy mentor

I have no doubt that had Pearce received the intense and drawn out attention that Cronk needed . . . anyway, RL management is wasting its time waiting for champions to 'pop up', more should be done to ensure their creation

Munster had a good cv even before arriving at the Storm, he had a good coach and good club in Brisbane. So the foundations were there, an ideal type of player for Bellamy to put the finishing touches on.

Re Pearce, I think he is better than a lot of NSW supporters give him credit for. He unfortunately has not been able to have a lot of success at Origin which has tainted him, but that is not all his fault and is very much down to the team.

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, no-one wanted the Eels to win more than me, except for officialdom who did their best to give Parramatta a helping hand . . . but fmd, if ever a team deserved to win it was Souths.

Just a reminder, no coach in his right mind plays Inglis anywhere other than Centre, not since he put on too much weight to play 5/8 has he been comfortable in any other position

POPEYE

Coach
I talked previously of the mongrel Souths were looking for to replace Te'o, they found a catalyst in Brown/Carter, their good old fashioned methodology rubbed off on the rest of the mob and finally Sam hasn't felt like a shag on a rock. There might be repercussions because wankers will be whingers but Souths out-tickered the Eels and I must admit I was cheering when I didn't expect to

Not sure if desperation won the game or Maguire pulled a rabbit out of a hat, haven't watched the presser but I wouldn't be surprised if he says the Inglis/Keary affair was a subterfuge, the only surprise weapon available . . . I didn't watch because I probably wouldn't believe him.

Methinks the Eels had enough of everything to win two games but the Rabbitohs finally played like we thought the Eels would, so instead of the predicted inevitable capitulation we ended up with a f**king great game of footy. No purist will complain about anything, the forward pass that won the game made up for the pisspoor adjudication that tried to take the game away from the Rabbitohs

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wasn't Keary benched benched because he got on the wrong side of Maguire? He certainly looked like a kid with something to prove when he came on. Could be the best thing that ever happened to him. I thought Reynolds played well too, finally. As for Inglis, he always fires up when Origin is on the horizon. I do agree he should remain at centre. Johnston is perfectly capable of playing at the back.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Jack Wighton? He came up with a game deciding howler, but he's hardly the first player to ever do so. I don't recall Hodgson copping this much shit, and he did it in Origin and started Queensland's winning run.

POPEYE

Coach
Whether it's for monetary or personal gratification no-one can call themselves a RL purist if they gamble or enter into any kind of tipping contest. Bellyache was telling me yesterday his season before this weekend had been contaminated by a contest that involves choosing a mythical team of players who are somehow allotted points . . . a variation of the pud pulling contests doing the rounds. He has decided to desist and enjoy the rest of the year

I mention this because the Storm/Cowboys quest needed a clear mind to appreciate the vagaries. Cam Smith ruing his choice of remonstration with the ref before a clear penalty became obvious was one of the enthralling aspects of the game, a contest full of backfiring by both sides

The way to beat Melbourne is rattle them early, middle and late. Now that the Cowboys have become 'cultured' the way to beat them is to frustrate for 80. What we had last night was two teams intent on following the game plan to the nth degree . . . the process was intriguing only of course if you weren't distracted by crossed fingers

Naturally I wanted Melbourne to win but a the one point victory to either team would have sufficed given the liking I have for both, getting through the game with minimal injuries far more important than the outcome

I should also mention the lack of intentional maiming and the apparent camaraderie, at least as much as could be granted by both sides as they went about their business, was a breath of fresh air

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Rarely do I miss a game of footy but I favoured tidying up my shed over what was promised yesterday so I have no eye witness accounts this morning. Instead I thought I'd reminisce over an amusing connivance that stood out like dogs' balls in the Parra/Souths game

In no way am I having a shot at Arthur, he's my new found hero, it is interesting however that like in Formula One when the powers that be try to slow the cars down for safety reasons the engineers still come up with better lap times great Rl coaches always triumph over lesser footy brains

The 'Bellamy Wrestle' has been circumvented by the less interchange rule, no sense f**king around wasting energy any longer than necessary. I'm surprised Craig hasn't been credited with what Beau Scott did a pisspoor job of disguising.

Crikey, running off the field straight up the tunnel on a 'head bin' escapade instead of back to the bench for a breather and then running back on when Edwards was injured was downright embarrassing. If the head bin is going to have to be 'engineered' to overcome the interchange rule surely it's going to have to be done with a little more f**king finesse

I haven't noticed Melbourne pioneering the Head Bin Hoorah as some clubs are venturing into but like the Wrestle everyone will soon have to be a party to it. Again, like in F1 where engineers remain supreme, the interchange will have to be reduced to 6 to compensate when the head bin is orchestrated properly

POPEYE

Coach
If I had to choose I'd much rather see Latrell stand tall and his team mates languish than the Roosters surge while he became a wanker whipping boy. After all, Robbo's mob have had plenty of time in the limelight in recent seasons, especially if you're a Shield aficionado like myself.

It would be a crying f**king shame if Latrell gave up the ghost, somehow however I can't imagine he will ever be led where he doesn't want to go. As for the rest of the Roosters I reckon their season has been ordained as a shitfight . . . and as we all know, it happens

Anyway, wasn't it great to see the Titans get out from under, surely they must have media f**kwits clamouring for their crayons after the disappointment of the Eels failure to sell. Whenever I see that Tyrone Roberts' puppy dog face I want to throw him a bone and the Titans certainly did that for their followers . . . good luck to them

POPEYE

Coach
The smart thing for Maguire to do is to do nothing different this week, one swallow doesn't make a summer, chopping and changing due to injury is bad enough but changing a winning team is worse. Sure Inglis should be in the Centre and Keary needs to be 5/8 but Souths need to stop f**king themselves up with science . . . one more half of desperation should be enough

Were the Cowboys thinking of this game when they thought going through the motions against Melbourne would suffice, Benny will again be sticking pins in his Bellamy Doll, how dare the f**ker not give Thurston's mob a false sense of security. The Broncos may be returning to full strength but the Cowboys will be returning to reality

Farah will be kicking himself if he doesn't play against the Knights, he needs a win . . . or does he? If he doesn't play and Newcastle win Taylor must be The Baddie, wouldn't look good for him if he played and the Knights won . . . anyone thinking Robbie is co-operating with Taylor is delusional, his lacklustre efforts from dummy half are comical. We should have our fingers crossed for Ballin . . . may his return be triumphant

Warriors are favourites against the Raiders which means the game is not to be missed . . . I've never seen a game of 2-up where tails have been the favourite

Sharks should dispense with the Seagles but don't bet on it

We have the Panthers who try to find a way to lose in the last quarter against the Titans who look for a win in the last quarter. 'Bet responsibly' in this one is more f**king laughable than usual. Jabba won't care if I cross everything for the Titans, a draw would make me happy for Hook but Wanker Inc won't allow it

Fmd, I'm going to have to watch a Dogs' game, maybe I can jinx up a win for the Roosters. Robbo's mob are going to have to re-light the fire in the engine room if he wants a win against Dessie's despicables, This game will be a catalyst for one of them, the Dogs need to not be paid fortnightly and the Roosters need inspiring

On paper the Eels should win and I won't mind if they do, Melbourne's season is not on the line and I'm hanging on to a Eels/Titans/Sharks cup lottery win, all making the 8 a prerequisite. Melbourne's remake of Battlestar Galactia can wait . . . an Eels' victory by one point will do me just nicely

POPEYE

Coach
With Greenberg being moved to next in line on Death Row and an actual footy brain in Canavan taking his place in the RL position that matters we should all be rejoicing . . . at last a middleman who knows how to ripen and sell

I doubt Brian will let past allegiances affect his decision making or have him abuse his influence. I can't wait to see how the ARLC react to the appointment of someone who knows what he's doing in the most important position.

If the bloke can take the tits off the Titans and have the Roosters go remarkably bad without him imagine what the NRL might do with him pointing the way

POPEYE

Coach
'Storm set to 'poach' Kodi Nikorima from the Broncos, the NZ halfback is being offered more money and a chance to be a regular starting playmaker' - Courier Mail.

Woe is me, what am I to do now, relinquish my support for Melbourne or try and find an excuse for Bellamy's dastardly replication of Benny pinching Milford. Was Milford a regular at the Raiders, is Kodi being given a fair go where he is . . . does Benny need the bloke or has he been embarrassed by not stockpiling Ash Taylor

I'm not interested in whether Brisbane can manipulate their cap to pay him enough to keep him, as far as I'm concerned he's a Broncos one clubber and they can pay him a million a minute if they want. I'm just trying to discern if he's wasted and needs saving. Still, it's hard ro reconcile that Bellamy may become an 'ordinary' supercoach

Speaking of supercoaches I still reckon Maguire is one, surely he can't be blamed for Burgess Boofheadedness. If the casual skyscrapers held on to the ball as in the game plan the Dragons would have been walloped, still I think Madge is playing some of his mob out of position

For what it's worth I'd start Keary at #9 as has been suggested, Inglis in the Centres and keep Walker at #6, McInnes the permanent #14 . . . Madge needs as many smarts on the field as he can muster to compensate for the boofheads. How good is Nathan Brown going

POPEYE

Coach
I thought Nikorima was the biggest danger to the fat lady singing at the Thurston Theatre last night, I reckon Bellamy could take him from sub to star overnight . . . I often contemplate how many players I've seen that would benefit from Bellamy but missed out

Anyway, back to reality, there's nothing better than seeing arguably the best but easily the smuggest coach in the game get beaten by one point, it has to be the optimum 'up yours'. There's a lot to be said about not starting a game with all guns blazing and have your horse canter before breaking into a gallop. Makes you wonder which is the cowboy and which is the bronc . . . Benny or Green.

I prefer a team starting slowly and finishing with a crescendo the same way I like my music, Manly and Melbourne have been fine tuning the methodology for most of this century and Green is not unabashed in seeking the culture

Speaking of fine tuning, now that I have eradicating ads in everything I watch down pat, I'm going to experiment with conjoining the best radio coverage with Fox pictures. Having done away with Jabba now is the time to remove Warren 'Whinger' Smith and Brandy 'F**king' Alexander . . . 'Milford the number one player in the game' was the last f**king straw

POPEYE

Coach
If I mention anything concerning Origin it will be out of necessity, as far as I'm concerned the State Wank can go f**k itself, I do however hope Farah is selected for the Blues for the Tigers' sake. I caught the end of the first 'Alien' movie recently and when the heroine was settling down for the trip home only to find the monster stowed away I immediately thought 'Robbie' would be an appropriate nickname for him/her . . . let's hope Taylor can jettison him

I feel as sorry for McFadden as I would a skipper trying to win a yacht race with a broken rudder, whenever I see him interviewed I wish he'd say what he really thinks. Watching the game with bellyache we agreed that Sticky should coach the Warriors and McFadden should coach the Raiders . . . the former a waster and the latter wasted

Manly put out the best they have to offer against the Sharks who they have the wood over, still wasn't enough to curb the Wild Mob from the Shire. Be interesting to see how much the up-coming plague affects Flanno's mob, unaccustomed as they are to the position they're in

POPEYE

Coach
An unusual vibes day for me yesterday, good or bad they rarely let me down, I felt sure the Titans were going to win in a fair game of footy. That they did with the Panthers being refereed by the crowd and making their points off the back of penalties whilst they had to make theirs from running the ball almost relegates vibes to non reconciliation

Penrith need to understand cheering for rubbish doesn't change it from rubbish.

I only watched the Dogs fictionalise a great win over the Roosters because the vibes told me it wouldn't happen. Can't blame officialdom in this one, even though the infants perpetuating the Bunker's infancy don't know the rules it was the Roosters' unaccountable handling that killed their momentum.

One consolation is that the vibes should've been spot on, the Dogs would have been overrun all things equal

POPEYE

Coach
A decent turnout to watch the Eels last night more than likely would have been enough to get their team across the line. Two good coaches playing the hand they were dealt, only one eyed monsters would have lost sleep over the outcome, Parramatta as a city should be f**king ashamed of itself, 9k was about as pathetic as it gets

POPEYE

Coach
Benny can carry on like an old mole as much as he likes but the fact remains the Broncos spine won't sag one f**king iota in the dark days ahead. He is perfectly placed to refresh his mob's attitude with the least amount of push'n'shove. How I'd love to see a Robbieless Tigers bite . . . won't happen but I'll still cramp up with fingers crossed

WIN stadium has to be the difference between the Cowboys/Dragons . . . wonder how many people will care

Dogs' last game was a 'Claytons' win donated to them by the Roosters so if form is a guide they should win as a return to sequence. Raiders are not noteworthly affected by the State Wank but Dessie is a supercoach and Sticky . . .

There is a game in Newcastle if anyone's interested. I remember once playing a game of pool at a pub in the joint where if you went in-off or missed a ball your opponent had two free shots . . . that's the sort of insane help from the referees the Knights will need