What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Yee gads Popeye, 2 years away and your still here...well done.Go the Knights.
If you're who you could be send me a pm. I'm still here fighting artificial insemination, let me know you're not another figment of someone's imagination sent to boost the forum in a time of need

Unicorn

Juniors
If you're who you could be send me a pm. I'm still here fighting artificial insemination, let me know you're not another figment of someone's imagination sent to boost the forum in a time of need
I can't send PM until I've made 20 posts, but you could send me one, and yes it's me.:D

POPEYE

Coach
I'd rather Leilua in a team over Roberts but given the preacher coaching of Sticky versus Benny's need to return from hiatus it should be no contest. Just the same even with the Raiders adding more confusion with the players missing I reckon Benny would rather play a less eccentric team right now. Perenara relegated as he should be or is it Klein that has a deserved whistle removal

Good to see Souths keep their 17 but depressing to see Farah interfere with the slow learning Moses/Brooks combo, the last thing the adolescents need is uncertainty beyond their control. If Maguire can overcome the Burgess Bungle he should be on a winner but Taylor can't take a trick no matter what

Knights cannot possibly beat the Warriors?

If the Eels play in front of a decent crowd they may beat the Titans but it's beginning to look like there's a curse on the joint . . . not sure which is the preferred player destination, Parramatta or the GC

On paper Melbourne should beat Sydney which is why Robbo has the advantage, nothing worse this time of year than games that shouldn't be lost. I won't be watching this game with bellyache that's for sure

If you did nothing else other than transpose Maloney from the Sharks to the Panthers it would put Penrith where it belongs, even keeping Austin would have been enough. Hook knows he needs a clone of either if he is to save himself from being the next Jabba victim, goodbye Jamie, hullo desperation . . . I hope he strikes gold. Given the state the Seagles are in there's no better game to experiment with

Not sure how the Dragons' stamina compares to that of the Dogs, if Mary makes Dessie's forwards work hard his mob may be in with a chance . . . no better man to have everyone running in circles than Benji

Sharks at The Park means the Cowboys should be in for a torrid Monday night, both teams manned up and both like to play 80, let's hope injury is not the winner

Unicorn

Juniors
Knights will be fortunate if they win another game this season, it's great to see some of the young boys get a run and there is promise in a couple of them if we can keep them and they manage to remain injury free.

POPEYE

Coach
Last thing I want to do is talk about State Of Wank but most other subjects atm are even more deprecating, hard to find much 'feel good' in the house of RL, slowness in the forum is testimony to that.

To make it as brief as possible, since Cronulla are my preferred cup winners I hope Laurie gives Wade Graham a miss, no more Sharks please Dopey D

POPEYE

Coach
Like everyone else saying 'I told you so' it's not done with any satisfaction if you're not a Broncos' supporter, the result of last night's game was entirely up to Benny. He had his mob play the way they had to knowing Sticky has no answer against regimentation, swap coaches and you get a different script . . . a shame really

At least watching Stuart gives a lot of us the idea we may be good at coaching, surely it's not hard to understand watching the game from the best vantage point is desirable, using wingers and centres as battering rams is not the way to go and ad lib footy rarely works against a supercoach.

It's alright to throw the ball willy-nilly in the first half if the opposition do the same but the Raiders have the troops to match any team in the softening up period, all they have to do is play solid for the first 40 and ice the opposition in the second

Said it before, the Raiders are a good team going to waste, they are emulating the Warriors when they should be studying Storm/Cowboys, Sticky can postulate all he likes about his mob not following directions but they are being led down the garden path by a sightless gnome

POPEYE

Coach
Would've been a lot safer if Robbie passed the ball but the prick wasn't going to miss his chance even if Souths could tackle. The worst thing about his try is he undoubtedly thinks he's rubbed Taylor's nose in Farah Shit. I prefer to believe the bloke with the big forehead conned the pinhead into doing exactly what he wanted him to do.

The crowd too getting sucked in was the most disconcerting . . . makes you wonder how far SW the boats have sailed

Souths played like they're finished and Inglis must be close to keeping Kevvie awake but whilever so many tickets are given out in the lottery undeserving teams will still be in with a chance. Rabbitohs have time but little else, too many players looking bewildered for my liking

When the 'Robbie Robbie' chant erupted I could bear no more so I have no idea how Tedesco finished up. If he's fit and not on Dopey D's list when the time comes Blues' supporters should be practicing 'Teddy Teddy'

Must add I think Souths are onto something with the new Fullback, he's one of the few that mean business

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
It's not too late to climb aboard the Johnson Bandwagon is it, everyone seems to think it's turned a corner and sidetracking has become full speed ahead. Surely I can't be denied a ticket for wanting the bloke to stop crabbing. Not much else to say about the contest other than Mata'utia's defence is impressive.

It was a good game in Darwin, difference between the teams was the refereeing and a lacklustre game from Taylor between the ears. Not sure the NT need to play RL, sporting wise the poor man's Victoria will never embrace RL even as much as the Mexican's do. Then again, over the next few years the Eels will need all the friends they can muster

I didn't enjoy the Roosters being beaten so heavily when they tried so hard without the troops they need, the best team of the last 3 years are badly missing Maloney, not to mention SKD, Pearce and Napa. I never feel sorry for champions, Robbo's mob have nothing to be ashamed of and it will be great to see how he prepares for his extension.

I did however enjoy Smith's answer to the usual heckling goal kickers have to endure. When that kick went over the vibes went haywire, Melbourne were never going to lose

POPEYE

Coach
There you have it, Hook not asking too much surely, a team loaded with the right ammunition waiting half a season for someone to point it and squeeze. Make no mistake, the Seagles played remarkably well which is why the inevitable took so long, the Panthers were never going to lose once Cleary took control

As sure as shit happens every wanker and his dog are going to claim it's too soon to say Penrith have finally found their 'little master' but I'm not afraid to jump on the Cleary bandwagon. All Hook has to do now is enforce the good vibes the new #7 exudes in bucket loads, no more experimenting necessary, the Panthers have the spine they need . . . Dad the coach may have the last laugh yet

Watching talented youngsters like Taylor and now Cleary pop their head up is the reason RL purists never suffer a disappointing year. When you put players and the hope they're coached properly before the colours they play in every season is exciting. I'm about to look forward to watching the Panthers play

Blues Riff

Bench
Welcome aboard. Nathan signed his contract extension a matter of weeks after dad got the arse. He's his own man. He has been in the Panthers plans for a while now. The so-called experimenting was really just buying time.

POPEYE

Coach
Nothing so-called about any of the Panthers' delusional player movements and I've always been aboard anything Hook travels on, who's driving is my concern. My bet is Nathan is what Ivan taught him to be from before he had his first erection until now, I also have no doubt Hook will carry on with the good work providing he is left alone

POPEYE

Coach
What can you say about the Cowboys/Sharks other than both were nervous about the reunion, taking that into account everything went as it should. The game was made great simply by the fact either could have won it right to the end

It get a laugh when I recount the number of wankers who reckoned Flanno was a bum coach . . . no supercoach was on the list

POPEYE

Coach
With Keary about to be jettisoned and Maguire with no choice we could see Souths do the dirty on the Eels who should win. Parra won't miss Jennings who has been in 'save yourself' mode for a job that doesn't require in-form players and the Rabbitohs have 1,6,7,9,11,14 and 17 desperate to prove something . . . bet responsibly

With the game at WIN and the Widdop curse against them Melbourne can't possibly win . . . thank f**k they don't have to. Interesting this game has been given to the best two referees in the NRL

The new unidirectional Warriors don't have the same luxury, they must beat the Roosters handsomely, anything else would be catastrophic for anyone even remotely connected to the joint

Only game that has any real meaning is to be played on the Gold Coast . . . irony personified. Bad for the Titans because the Seagles will play like they know a loss will be bad for Barrett. Can't be bad for Carty win or lose. Bad for Henry if he loses a game he shouldn't

POPEYE

Coach
Don't mind me, I'm merely looking for something noteworthy is these dark days, Tamou being taken up by Penrith is subjective I suppose. The bloke's a follower, not a leader like Civoniceva. Not that it matters when the Panthers have promising leaders on the books and there's no risk James won't improve Hook's chances.

Good to see Kato Ottio has been given an extension by the Raiders, all of PNG will have their fingers crossed for him

POPEYE

Coach
Mitch Aubusson being given another three years for the Roosters is as good news as it gets, talent aside the bloke's effort and intensity is deserving of nothing less.

Highlight of a lowlight weekend could be seeing what Liam Knight brings to the Seagles, perfect opportunity to make a big splash in a muddy pond

Greg Bird on the Knights' shopping list is worthy of a 'dearie f**king me' . . . surely there's better ways of regaining credibility

POPEYE

Coach
If the NRL was a high school Souths would be the remedial class, aptly nick named 'bunnies' the collective IQ of the team would not equal Smith or Thurston. Nothing much would change with the inclusion of players missing

Given the absence of set plays and ball skills Madge should hand his supercoach licence back. Not that it concerns me all that much . . . go the Eels

POPEYE

Coach
Well, that didn't turn out too bad . . . I'm still much happier with the Storm than I am the Dragons

POPEYE

Coach
The above was a bit harsh, given the circumstances before the game being added to those during a loss for the Dragons would have been diabolical for most concerned. Even Bellamy would have been forced to contain the euphoria that could have been counter productive in future games that matter.

Mary had to be more relieved than he was ecstatic but I can't deny I've a soft spot for both he and Hook. RL sorely needs supercoaches now more than ever

POPEYE

Coach
Not much happening, got to give Shaun the benefit of the doubt for reverting to chain passing, he couldn't play properly on one leg poor fella. The referee with a nose bigger than his brain searched for penalties against the visitors but didn't want to upset the crowd in return. Who can blame him, the Warriors are in with a chance and the Roosters are no help to the NRL atm

Got to give it to Jake, he is a penalty magnet, which is why no-one important cares that a penalty try wasn't given to the team he leads. Robbo's just as much to blame anyway, the bench is for boofheads, not game breakers like Connor Watson

Can't understand the furore about to erupt over Semi, the bloke's just a Winger for f**k sake, he's no Maloney. Koroibete also used RL to get where he always wanted to be but was overlooked for, Radradra is nowhere near worth the disharmony created if he was forced to play a game he saw as an apprenticeship

Not helping NRL's credibility when yet again Schubert is given free reign to run roughshod over common sense, I'm happy Jack is not alive to see the player he created turn into a monster f**kwit

Latest posts