What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in jeopardy?

albert

Juniors
I don't know if the crowd figure was that high,from reports I heard it was less than 1000 :?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You've a better memory than me! Yeh I'll let you know if I'm def going nearer the day.

I'd be surprised if there was 1100 but it is a bit hard to tell at MES as those that would have normally sat at the front side were under the roof so it looked an OK crowd but we were all huddled together for warmth!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see our number of sponsors continuing to grow. The latest Reds newsletter ahs an impressive array of sponsors on the bottom.

All Finance Osborne Park Bartercard Belhus Racing
Bruce Havilah & Associates Blue Force Centre Ford
DHL Global Forwarding Doric Group Fuller Fitness
Exposure Design & Print Grosvenor Hotel Haulotte Group
Geoff Baldwin Realty Group Jarvis Estate Jim Beam
Members Equity Bank Lion Nathan Meat Direct
Starworld Memorabilia Mix 94.5 Perth Now
SEW Eurodrive Shark Sports Sign Zone
Smart Saver Joondalup Sully's Painting Sumich
United Equipment Victor Sports

This is taken off the NSWRL website,note the crowd figures.

The Sydney Bulls run of success against arch local rivals Chester Hill continued unabated running over the top of the Rhinos 42-14 before a crowd of 200 at the Crest Stadium.

The Windsor Wolves, inspired by representative half-back Craig Trindall were too strong for a defiant Campbelltown Eagles team 32-20 before a crowd of 500 at Campbelltown Showground.

The Cabramatta Two Blues turned in a first class performance to beat the high flying?Shellharbour Marlins 36-20 in front of 300 spectators at New Era Stadium.

Wentworthville defeated the WA Reds before 1100 spectators at a wet and slippery Members Equity Stadium in Perth.

Belrose ran riot over first placed Mounties, winning 52-10 before a crowd of 500 at Lionel?Watts Reserve.

Erina kept their top five aspirations alive after they proved too strong for the Southern Sydney Sharks 30-14 before a crowd of 200 at Sutherland Oval.

Yep, the Reds are doing very well for support in comparison to the Sydney teams... obviously, most of the crowds at these games would be the club's juniors / parents / friends as well as trainspotting fans of the NRL teams the clubs are affiliated with (loosely or otherwise).

Also, none of them are playing in stadiums like MES!

Nuke

Staff member
This is taken off the NSWRL website,note the crowd figures.

The Sydney Bulls run of success against arch local rivals Chester Hill continued unabated running over the top of the Rhinos 42-14 before a crowd of 200 at the Crest Stadium.

The Windsor Wolves, inspired by representative half-back Craig Trindall were too strong for a defiant Campbelltown Eagles team 32-20 before a crowd of 500 at Campbelltown Showground.

The Cabramatta Two Blues turned in a first class performance to beat the high flying?Shellharbour Marlins 36-20 in front of 300 spectators at New Era Stadium.

Wentworthville defeated the WA Reds before 1100 spectators at a wet and slippery Members Equity Stadium in Perth.

Belrose ran riot over first placed Mounties, winning 52-10 before a crowd of 500 at Lionel?Watts Reserve.

Erina kept their top five aspirations alive after they proved too strong for the Southern Sydney Sharks 30-14 before a crowd of 200 at Sutherland Oval.
No way was there 1,100 at that game. I got there just before the teams ran out, and there was at most several hundred people there only. It certainly didn't increase in the duration of the game.

Perhaps 1,100 was the total for the day if you include the players, supporters, WAGS, club people, ect of both South Perth and Rockingham clubs. As I arrived, there were people leaving the gates, so not all stayed for the WA Reds game. I'm not specifically targetting Sth Perth here, but the people I saw leaving were wearing red and white, so it's not as if the people leaving weren't League supporters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've noticed that alot, people who come for the earlier games (or play in them) leaving before the Reds games. As a RL fan I really can't understand it. Don't they realise the importnace of a succesful Reds to the whole RL scene in WA?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
I've noticed that alot, people who come for the earlier games (or play in them) leaving before the Reds games. As a RL fan I really can't understand it. Don't they realise the importnace of a succesful Reds to the whole RL scene in WA?

They don't give a sh*t about the Reds, just as long as they can get back to their clubhouses for beer or they are still bitter about the demise of the Western Reds!
Bl**dy idiots!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Something needs to be done to make sure that all of WA is unified behind the Reds NRL bid. If they aren't then there's no way they'll get in.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I agree but that has to be the choice of each individual RL fan in the State. The club is doing what it can and is doing it very well. they can't go round to peoples houses and force them to the game! They are spending a large chunk of their budget on promotion which is good to see but at the end of the day RL fans in Perth need to decide if they want a NRL team here or not.

The RU fans decided they wanted a team and look at how succesful that has become, it is up to each RL fan to stand up and do their bit now. If we don't get a NRL team it will be nobodys fault except each and every RL fan that decided they couldn't be bothered to go down to MES on a Saturday night.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I agree but that has to be the choice of each individual RL fan in the State. The club is doing what it can and is doing it very well. they can't go round to peoples houses and force them to the game! They are spending a large chunk of their budget on promotion which is good to see but at the end of the day RL fans in Perth need to decide if they want a NRL team here or not.

The RU fans decided they wanted a team and look at how succesful that has become, it is up to each RL fan to stand up and do their bit now. If we don't get a NRL team it will be nobodys fault except each and every RL fan that decided they couldn't be bothered to go down to MES on a Saturday night.

What did the ARU do that the WARL can copy? I didn't really take much notice of the establishment of the Force.

albert

Juniors
Listening to Sully on the way home on 101.7fm,and he "stated" that South Sydney was willing to bring 3 games to the west next year. Also that St george Illawarra maybe having a trial game here.As a big SAINTS fan that would be fantastic I would be there with bells on.This is the kind of exposure we need over here.

Nuke

Staff member
That would be fantastic if it happened.

I couldn't listen to the radio as I don't finish work until it's finished on a Friday evening, and I can't really have it on at work. I think I caught about 5mins of it once last year.