What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece robson

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Given McGregor's substandard manipulation of the reserves bench during games, I really doubt Robson will receive any substantial (if at all) game time.

It will be 17 on 15 this Sunday, and it will all go to pot from there.

slippery5

Juniors
I agree mate but we don't have that person. Unless you think Mann could. Lomax couldn't.
Mann? Hmmmm
Agree back at you, maybe a race off with Lomax as he also showed incredible foot work in his trial game appearance, not to mention diffusing that bomb in his corner Ala AFL style.

ouryears

Bench
Given McGregor's substandard manipulation of the reserves bench during games, I really doubt Robson will receive any substantial (if at all) game time.

Nope
Saints by 8
Bench like all other teams will get some but not a lot of time. 2 will get more, 2 will get less.

Most coaches actually do the same.

It's a myth that today's players can't spend the whole game on the field.

It's getting too easy for today's players. They get a half match holiday every week.

Unless Mary has received the heads up that McInnes will be in Origin 1, Fitler was at Dragons training this week, maybe it's preparation.
Maybe it's rubbish, one never knows with Mary.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons 2018: Robson ready to step up to fill rep void
Dragons Den News
r0_0_1892_2499_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Reece Robson is embraced by James Graham on his debut. Picture: AAP

DRAGONS young gun Reece Robson is confident he can continue his step up to NRL level as coach Paul McGregor prepares to navigate a demanding rep schedule for his squad.

Robson made his debut from the bench in the Dragons win over Melbourne last week as part of a broader plan to blood the next generation into the NRL ranks.

With Cam McInnes the favourite to claim the NSW No. 9 jumper, Robson said he's ready to fill the void if required.

“Obviously I'm hoping for Cam to get picked for his sake,” Robson said.

“It would also obviously help me a little bit to get my start and hopefully cement a spot on the bench there.

“Certainly it was part of the reason why I did get my start on the weekend, to get those few first game nerves out of the way so if [McInnes] does get picked I'll be ready for it. I'm trying to do the best I can in NSW Cup and prepare myself in the gym and on the training paddock so when I do get my opportunity I'll be right to take it.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5395441/rookie-robson-ready-to-step-up/?cs=3713

Hope Cam McInnes plays SOO so that Robson plays at least 60 minutes in first grade

Only then will we begin to gauge whether he is ready to step up and compete for a FG spot.