What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh confirms intention to remain with Warriors for next year (2023)

hitro

Juniors
seems like it was real bad luck for him to have covid the one week he's in Auckland and to have 7 days sitting by himself somewhere in south Auckland thinking well this sucks.
I wonder if they could have persuaded his baby mama to move to Auckland with a cushy job at Autex or Vodafone? Too late now he's gone, bet he will move in to the halves too and carve up like Nicho Hynes is

Penrose_11

Juniors
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Dylan Walker
4. Vailea
5. Montoya
6. SJ
7. Volkman
14. Metcalf

vs 2022
1. Walsh
2. DWZ
3. Arthars
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. Volkman
7. SJ
14. CHT

Honestly, both are underwhelming and are probably equal
Our 2023 backline is shaping up ok. Metcalf is a gun and should probably be our starting FB. The back rows looking impressive. We do need some prop forwards tho. Can’t get any go forward without some meter eaters. Just having AFB and Bunty ain’t gonna cut it and Pene looks a bit light IMO.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Re
seems like it was real bad luck for him to have covid the one week he's in Auckland and to have 7 days sitting by himself somewhere in south Auckland thinking well this sucks.
I wonder if they could have persuaded his baby mama to move to Auckland with a cushy job at Autex or Vodafone? Too late now he's gone, bet he will move in to the halves too and carve up like Nicho Hynes is
Rumor is he’s spilt from the missus n she didn’t want to come over. Couldn’t keep it in his pants

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We have leverage in the situation if handled correctly - leverage where we could secure a valuable roster piece in return. Instead it looks like we've gift wrapped a fringe origin player (with pretty massive upside) to a rival on huge unders for three years ($380k a year cheaper than the Dolphins reported offer)
It's not good footy business to get nothing in return... in fact it would be stupidity straight after the Lodge debacle.
It's the way we do business, isn't it?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Re

Rumor is he’s spilt from the missus n she didn’t want to come over. Couldn’t keep it in his pants
Yeah I’ll hold the sympathy and goodwill for a bloke who has already been done for drugs last off season and backs up with that

“he is only young” etc doesn’t cut it with me, he is old enough to be a father and sign the big contracts, so he is old enough to take some responsibility for his actions

jaseg

Juniors
Saying he can't negotiate with the Dolphins only lowers the clubs leverage with the Broncos & the possibility to get something back in return. Not very smart business.
I'd want two of Jesse Arthurs, TMM, Deine Mariner Or one of those and a forward - otherwise I feel like we're getting the raw deal

Deine Mariner is an excellent shout.

I want one Deine Mariner please. TMM off contract so can be had anyway, if we want him.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re

It adds up at least.

A few months ago he's with the missus and assumes she'll come with him and bring kid

They split up (for whatever reason, but being a 19yo NRL star already known for partying its highly likely he f**ked around)

Now ex says she won't follow him to NZ (fair enough)

Walsh wants to stay close to his kid

Warriors agree on compassionate grounds but put conditions on it to ensure he's not just using it as an excuse to f**k off wherever for a juicy contract.

Walsh's fault for being a silly young bugger thinking with his dick basically. Not hanging this one on the Warriors at all.

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
Our 2023 backline is shaping up ok. Metcalf is a gun and should probably be our starting FB. The back rows looking impressive. We do need some prop forwards tho. Can’t get any go forward without some meter eaters. Just having AFB and Bunty ain’t gonna cut it and Pene looks a bit light IMO.
Really? I think our backline is mud.

Kosi, Pompey, Vailea and Berry are not first graders. DWZ and Montoya are average at best.

Second row seems the only spot we will be strong in.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It adds up at least.

A few months ago he's with the missus and assumes she'll come with him and bring kid

They split up (for whatever reason, but being a 19yo NRL star already known for partying its highly likely he f**ked around)

Now ex says she won't follow him to NZ (fair enough)

Walsh wants to stay close to his kid

Warriors agree on compassionate grounds but put conditions on it to ensure he's not just using it as an excuse to f**k off wherever for a juicy contract.

Walsh's faulty for being a silly young bugger thinking with his dick basically. Not hanging this one on the Warriors at all.

yeah Warriors have bent over backwards for the kid from day 1

once again we have a young fella getting away with every mistake and coming out nicely on the other side, his reward in this situation is a nice fat deal elsewhere, no chance he will learn from mistakes if they never have consequences

Juju

Juniors
yeah Warriors have bent over backwards for the kid from day 1

once again we have a young fella getting away with every mistake and coming out nicely on the other side, his reward in this situation is a nice fat deal elsewhere, no chance he will learn from mistakes if they never have consequences
To be fair - his Broncs deal sounds like under's - Dolphins were reportedly offering $780k p/year

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
To be fair - his Broncs deal sounds like under's - Dolphins were reportedly offering $780k p/year
Which is why I think it’s important that our club didn’t give him a no strings attached release. “You can go to be close to family but you’re not walking out with a winning lottery ticket”.

Meth

Staff member
I don't think he ever intended staying.

I think he intended to stay for the duration of his contract. At the end of the day, from what we all understand, he made (more) bad choices and this led to a dramatic chance in his personal circumstances. In light of this, he wants to stay in Australia to try to be close to his daughter. I accept his version of events, especially because they don't portray him in a favourable light.

Latest posts