What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Diesel

Referee
I was at Suncorp yesterday, that forward pass leading to the Dolphins try was clear, and I was on the other side. The crowd knew it was forward too

gerg

Juniors
The product is shit, but match officials in RU shit all over RL from a great height.

We shouldn’t be poaching their players, it’s the refs we should be targeting.
Disagree, but I haven't watched a union game for a decade or so. Back when I watched they were blowing 40 or 50 penalties a game and games were resulting in a team winning by 6 penalty goals to 5 penalty goals. It is a part of the reason why the 'product' is so shit.

The technical penalties around their set piece were ridiculous, and I played the game for nearly a decade. After stopping, ten years later I had no idea what most of the penalties were for and I knew the game inside out. Like I've said here before, there is absolutely nothing about rugby union we should be copying. Poach their players ... sure ... but copy their game, no f***ing thanks.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Disagree, but I haven't watched a union game for a decade or so. Back when I watched they were blowing 40 or 50 penalties a game and games were resulting in a team winning by 6 penalty goals to 5 penalty goals. It is a part of the reason why the 'product' is so shit.

The technical penalties around their set piece were ridiculous, and I played the game for nearly a decade. After stopping, ten years later I had no idea what most of the penalties were for and I knew the game inside out. Like I've said here before, there is absolutely nothing about rugby union we should be copying. Poach their players ... sure ... but copy their game, no f***ing thanks.
Haven’t watched the game in a decade but you disagree that their officials aren’t good?

Comprehension also not your strongest skill - didn’t say their rules are superior, why would we want to turn into RU. Their officials are superior, and with time, not long either, would be better NRL referees than the current crop.

gerg

Juniors
Haven’t watched the game in a decade but you disagree that their officials aren’t good?

Comprehension also not your strongest skill - didn’t say their rules are superior, why would we want to turn into RU. Their officials are superior, and with time, not long either, would be better NRL referees than the current crop.
No need to question my comprehension just because I don't agree with you. Why would I sit through a game that I don't enjoy and one which I think is inferior? Last time I watched I thought the game was shit and from what I have seen it has only gotten worse since then. Why would I watch that? To admire the referees?

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
No need to question my comprehension just because I don't agree with you. Why would I sit through a game that I don't enjoy and one which I think is inferior? Last time I watched I thought the game was shit and from what I have seen it has only gotten worse since then. Why would I watch that? To admire the referees?
You’re still talking about apples when the topic is bananas.

Latest posts