What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Frailty

First Grade
Everything is the referees fault. According to Read and the Daily Telegraph, it's the match officials' fault that no one mentioned that Ponga's field goal attempt missed anyway.

If only we had commentators who would watch the game and communicate what happens...

Vee

First Grade
Everything is the referees fault. According to Read and the Daily Telegraph, it's the match officials' fault that no one mentioned that Ponga's field goal attempt missed anyway.

If only we had commentators who would watch the game and communicate what happens...
Yeah, good luck with that, let me know how you go.

Iamback

Coach
The video in this article is Annesley's explanation of the two field goal situations -

So every single snap field goal had no one in the same position?

What a load of shit, so now no tries will be scored in golden point. Just halves kicking at goal with no pressure

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That's the biggest load of BS Ive ever heard by someone who's supposed to make it fair with the referees. Just admit it was wrong and we'll all be happy instead of playing politics

Fangs

Coach
Golden point rules will be changed within the next 5 years due to farcical refereeing interpretations. Probably 10 minutes extra time with a try being the only other way to finish the game early. Kinda like the golden snitch from Harry Potter.

Someone (Hopefully the Roosters) is going to get f**ked royally on this stuff. Which means Nick Politis will get pissed and send in his stooges to HQ to shake up Annesley.

Apey

Staff member
The video in this article is Annesley's explanation of the two field goal situations -

What I find frustrating is we know there's a good reason behind this blocking rule. You can't have a few forwards bludging next to the play the ball making a wall so Nathan Cleary sorry I mean your halfback can get a free kick away.

Shit like the two attempts on the weekend is not why the rule exists and not how it should be enforced.

It was even more laughable when they showed some other incidences that were penalised this year. Anyone who thinks the other examples Annesley showed are the same as the Knights and Sharks ones shouldn't be responsible for adjudicating on them.

Iamback

Coach
What I find frustrating is we know there's a good reason behind this blocking rule. You can't have a few forwards bludging next to the play the ball making a wall so Nathan Cleary sorry I mean your halfback can get a free kick away.

Shit like the two attempts on the weekend is not why the rule exists and not how it should be enforced.

It was even more laughable when they showed some other incidences that were penalised this year. Anyone who thinks the other examples Annesley showed are the same as the Knights and Sharks ones shouldn't be responsible for adjudicating on them.

Funny you mention Cleary. He said v Dolphins he wasn't planning to have a shot. I am sure there would of guys as 'blockers' incase he decided to spread the ball instead

Fangs

Coach
Why do you think so? That would assume that the NRL has any actual understanding of what the fans want.

They have some kind of understanding.

In this case it will be a revolt from the clubs. They are becoming increasingly pissed at the officiating. Once you get down to the final 5 minutes or extra time decisions come under intense scrutiny. Our game turns into garbage in golden point with the field-goal-athon.

Eventually a glamour club will get screwed massively in golden point and the dominoes will fall.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
They have some kind of understanding.

In this case it will be a revolt from the clubs. They are becoming increasingly pissed at the officiating. Once you get down to the final 5 minutes or extra time decisions come under intense scrutiny. Our game turns into garbage in golden point with the field-goal-athon.

Eventually a glamour club will get screwed massively in golden point and the dominoes will fall.
You're right, but player welfare will play a part in it not being changed. They don't want extra time where teams actually try and play footy, they like this 'amble up for 4 tackles then try to snap a field goal'. Plus, it's horrible - I'd agree - but the general public think it's gripping, and the NRL know they're teflon when it comes to shit decisions and messy officiating. So it'll probably stay.

I hate golden point, how the rule book goes out the window, how 80 minutes is decided on some f**king wobbly kicking attempt (Sean f**king O'Sullivan two weeks ago, tell me how that's anything to do with skill for a guy who stole a living with us) but the NRL love the drama.