What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee disgrace

Moffo

Referee
Congrats to the storm. You played the better game and deserved to win

The refereeing on the other hand. I can't believe someone saying before that they did a good job. Storm were not back the 10 once in the game and were allowed to lie all over the dogs players all game. They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win. f**king amateur hour

Anyway doesn't change the fact that the storm were the better team. Well done

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Cry me a f**king river you f**king sook, the biggest thug act in a grand final was only put on report.

Big Sam

First Grade
Ah the irony of Bullthugs fans whinging about the refs when they should've played the last hour with 12 men.

Moffo

Referee
The NRL and ARLC can go suck on a box full of c**ks for ruining RL in 2012

BranVan3000

Coach
In Moffos defence, the referees are consistently awful in this aspect of the game and nobody calls attention to it. I hate how they control the ruck, they have each ref control a different side for the whole game so you may have one ref going back 10 meters while the other ref is taking them back 12. It adds up. They need one ref to control both teams 10 meters in the ruck

t-ba

Post Whore
Ah the irony of Bullthugs fans whinging about the refs when they should've played the last hour with 12 men.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a weiner!

The Storm have been playing like this all year. In actual fact, it isn't like the dogs are saints when it comes in regards to keeping back either. The Refs were pretty consistent in the way they reffed the game. You can hardly expect them to have teams playing to a new set of rules at the big dance now can you?

The Eagle

Juniors
Congrats to the storm. You played the better game and deserved to win

The refereeing on the other hand. I can't believe someone saying before that they did a good job. Storm were not back the 10 once in the game and were allowed to lie all over the dogs players all game. They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win. f**king amateur hour

Anyway doesn't change the fact that the storm were the better team. Well done

Need some cream for that butthurt? Lol lol lol lol lol good work storm

StormHi

Juniors
And MOffo's Kiss of death keeps on killing Bahahahahahaha "We got Dis" Moffo a Storm fan undercover??

ceagle

Bench
Moffo back already from burning Storm flags down at Belmore?

A4C7EByCQAEBGH3.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the play of the balls were actually a lot faster than norm for both sides. Refs had a good game. Moffo is on drugs!

gypsy

Bench
Refs were very good. Amazing really, but this was the first finals game they didn't completely ruin.

blacklock

Juniors
the reffing was fine. they never got so involved that you noticed they were there. in the beginning the dogs obviously were trying to slow the fast play the balls and got pinged for laying down. aside from that... i thought all the calls were relatively straight forward. no howlers to speak of and the teams were left to decide their own fate.

(it was a good pick up by the ref to call a knock on when slater knocked the ball dead...after it initially touched morris and travelled forward. some refs may have called a line drop out in the heat of the moment)

Meth

Staff member
I thought that Melbourne got the better of the refs. They did get a way with murder at the ruck at times. In saying that, the refs were hardly a disgrace. They were actually very good. I thought they managed the try/fight/bite perfectly.

Certainly there were a number of times when players around the fringes didn't even make an effort to get back. I was actually very impressed with melbournes line speed in the middle. They looked onside to me all night. Showed very good energy levels all night considering the size of the 10 that was being marked