What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee disgrace

Gippsy

Bench
The Dogs were outplayed, outcoached and generally just plain crap.

But, what I don't get is the Dogs were penalised a couple of times for slowing down the play the ball in the first half, one in particular was pretty soft. It contributed to Storm having almost 70% of possession and from there, they understandably put on a heap of points.

But, fair enough I thought if the refs are going to be consistent. Yet, in the second half when the Dogs had a chance of coming back at them, the Storm were laying all over the play the ball and were not penalised once.

Now I hate the Dogs as much as any normal, level headed league fan, but they weren't given a chance to stage a comeback. Not that they deserved to win it but nevertheless, consistency in the play the ball was non existent, and definately favoured the Storm.

Clifferd

Coach
The referee didn't play a part in the result at all.

Bulldogs were terrible and that went down to Melbourne nullifying their attacking options. They weren't given so much space this time like they did against the Rabbletohs and it made them panic throwing that extra pass they shouldn't have thrown.

Best team won.

Moffo

Referee
Thank you guys, at last some sense and people realising that I'm not just being a butthurt whinger

Evil_Mush

Juniors

But, what I don't get is the Dogs were penalised a couple of times for slowing down the play the ball in the first half, one in particular was pretty soft. It contributed to Storm having almost 70% of possession and from there, they understandably put on a heap of points.

But, fair enough I thought if the refs are going to be consistent. Yet, in the second half when the Dogs had a chance of coming back at them, the Storm were laying all over the play the ball and were not penalised once.

Now I hate the Dogs as much as any normal, level headed league fan, but they weren't given a chance to stage a comeback. Not that they deserved to win it but nevertheless, consistency in the play the ball was non existent, and definately favoured the Storm.

Yeah agree with this.

Wouldn't have had as much of a problem with the instances of Melbourne slowing the play by lying on the players (and almost-second efforts) if the Bulldogs weren't penalised early on for exactly the same thing on more than one occasion. This set precedent for rest of the game which wasn't followed through by refs.

Perce

Juniors
Just had another look at the replay. Moffo you sook, the Kasiano one had to be a penalty. Refs had no choice. Have a look how far he lifts his knee. The Storm player is barely pushing into Kasiano if at all. You lost, the refs were fine - suck it up princess.

Loudstrat

Coach
Has to be the worst year for referees. They penalised Parramatta out of the race for starters...................

KiamaSaint

Coach
Me too. Melbourne got the rub of the green last night - especially in the ruck. Kasiano being penalised because Storm gimp was trying to push him out of the way -ffs!

BTW - good opening post Moffo. Love the "butthurt" replies - some people just cannot resist huh?

Souths 69 - won 70
Parra 76 - gf 77
Parra 77 - semis 78
Dogs 79, won 80
Manly 82, gf 83
Parra 84 - final 85
Balmain 88, gf 89
Penrith 90, won 91
Dragons 92, gf 92
Dogs 94, won 95
Manly 95, won 96
Roosters 03, gf 04
Melbourne 06, won 07*
Manly 07, won 08
Melbourne 08, won 09*

Yeah, great theory Galetard you f*cking clown :lol::lol::lol:

Give him a break Loudstrat, he is a Rabbits fan, the last 41 years means very little to him.

Canard

Immortal

I reckon there might have been 2 occasions max in the last 20 where this could have been called, but honestly as a neutral I thought it was good reffing and playing the advantage. A penalty in those situations would have helped Melbourne not harmed them.

What about Morris knocks the ball out on the full, Dogs get the feed to the scrum?

Kasiano clearly offside when fielding the ball, scrum called instead of penalty?

I hate this re-writing history BS to try to make out that one side was favoured over the other.

If Gould bleats about some wrong doing against the Dogs its a big issues, he remains silent when it happens the other way.

Sleep

Juniors
The refs had no impact on the game last night. Melbourne were far too good and Canterbury were never in it.

Frailty

First Grade
As a neutral, I was quite impressed with the refereeing (apart from allowing Graham to remain on the field).

Dogs Of War

Coach
I think it was more frustrating than anything, ultimately if a team makes very few errors like the storm did, and tackles there hearts out, it's always going to be hard to beat them.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
The bottom line is Storm won the penalty count 5-4, and the dogs got to play with 13 instead of 12 for 60 minutes. Any rub of the green 50/50 calls Melbourne got are irrelevant after that. Merkin. You say we were offside all night? You were a f***in man up all night. It was easily the best reffed game of the finals with the exception of that pommy (unt staying on the paddock, we were too good for you, deal with it.

Galeforce

Bench
Souths 69 - won 70
Parra 76 - gf 77
Parra 77 - semis 78
Dogs 79, won 80
Manly 82, gf 83
Parra 84 - final 85
Balmain 88, gf 89
Penrith 90, won 91
Dragons 92, gf 92
Dogs 94, won 95
Manly 95, won 96
Roosters 03, gf 04
Melbourne 06, won 07*
Manly 07, won 08
Melbourne 08, won 09*

Yeah, great theory Galetard you f*cking clown :lol::lol::lol:

again you prove you are a stupid LOUDmouth.

In the last 43 years you have shown that losers of the GF , only 8 of 43 won a GF the following year ( of which only 6 Count). that is NOT a good success rate , when a lot of folks will say that we will go one better the next year due to the experience.
You also show that another 7 GF losers made Finals or GF the following year. So 15 teams had some success the following year , what about the other 28 teams you derp brain? You prove my point , as i never said ALL.
dope

recently how did warriors go this year ? what about the Eels after their last GF appearance? I expect same for Bulldogs next year , you can bet on them to make the 2013 GF you dope.

Loudstrat

Coach
again you prove you are a stupid LOUDmouth.

In the last 43 years you have shown that losers of the GF , only 8 of 43 won a GF the following year ( of which only 6 Count). that is NOT a good success rate , when a lot of folks will say that we will go one better the next year due to the experience.
You also show that another 7 GF losers made Finals or GF the following year. So 15 teams had some success the following year , what about the other 28 teams you derp brain? You prove my point , as i never said ALL.
dope

recently how did warriors go this year ? what about the Eels after their last GF appearance? I expect same for Bulldogs next year , you can bet on them to make the 2013 GF you dope.
Most of the other 28 teams made the semis you genius. Apart from the repeat grand finallists, I only included 2 Parra semi finals results. If i could be bothered (couldnt), I'd further disprove your theory by stating all those who backed up to make the finals.

You only had one exception. Couldnt think of any others in the last 42 years :lol::lol:

You really are a cumstain that got too close to an IVF clinic.

Galeforce

Bench
lol
go back and wet yourself on Kapow Sandow!!!
I told you last year , that i liked Sandow , however you folks had paid TOO much for him!!