What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee disgrace

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
There is no plus. It was 13. And you scored off a number of forward passes and a 7th tackle. Is that what you wanted last night? And Manly turned it around in 1996.

2007 and 2008 would have to be the biggest turn arounds in GF loss to victory. 2007 was a 26 point loss to a 40 point record breaking victory.

Lets all hope there is no repeat for the Dogs next season...

How Graham stayed on after the bite is beyond me. He should have been marched.

thommo4pm

Coach
Actually thought the ref's were pretty good last night, it was the first game in a while I didn't think they had any bearing over the result.

Congrats to the storm. You played the better game and deserved to win

The refereeing on the other hand. I can't believe someone saying before that they did a good job. Storm were not back the 10 once in the game and were allowed to lie all over the dogs players all game. They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win. f**king amateur hour

Anyway doesn't change the fact that the storm were the better team. Well done
32245d1347551661-my-butt-hurts-let-butthurt.jpg

Moffo,

Seriously mate, the 10m rule was largely even I thought, I thought the refs were very good. It was the Storm blitz that won the match, I though Sisa Waqa had a good chance of winning the Clive Churchill for his reads and luck, flip he and Will Chambers got lucky on a couple of occasions, but they would have been practising the blitz all week, and they got away with it, it's obviously a high risk strategy.

The only thing I'd say is that maybe the rule should be 11m back from play-the-ball, and the defensive line can't run forward until the ball has reached the 'pick-up zone'.

I said the storm deserved to win so how is that butthurt?
The refereeing on the other hand. I can't believe someone saying before that they did a good job. Storm were not back the 10 once in the game and were allowed to lie all over the dogs players all game. They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win. f**king amateur hour
:lol::lol:

Moffo

Referee
Moffo,

Seriously mate, the 10m rule was largely even I thought, I thought the refs were very good. It was the Storm blitz that won the match, I though Sisa Waqa had a good chance of winning the Clive Churchill for his reads and luck, flip he and Will Chambers got lucky on a couple of occasions, but they would have been practising the blitz all week, and they got away with it, it's obviously a high risk strategy.

The only thing I'd say is that maybe the rule should be 11m back from play-the-ball, and the defensive line can't run forward until the ball has reached the 'pick-up zone'.

Really? I thought there was big creep on, particularly out wide with waqa, chambers etc. definitely affected our ability to go wide

Anyway, I was watching the game from quite high mate so probably had a different perspective to most of the learned folk on here.

bluey

Bench
Melbourne were the better side, Dogs looked lost to me all that fire power and no one to pull the trigger.
No wonder the club has a image problem with its supporters / burning a storm jersey so bloody UN-- Australian when most aussies are good winners/Losers, while the culprits of this are an embarrassment to their Club

Moffo

Referee
Melbourne were the better side, Dogs looked lost to me all that fire power and no one to pull the trigger.
No wonder the club has a image problem with its supporters / burning a storm jersey so bloody UN-- Australian when most aussies are good winners/Losers, while the culprits of this are an embarrassment to their Club

Agree, barba made a few uncharacteristic mistakes and Reynolds/Keating were passengers

Jesus .
You state the Storm deservrd the win ,then had a huge f**king cry about how the refs helped them win.
But but but but but but .
& you wonder why you get laughed at on here.

Moffo

Referee
They were the better team over the park, no doubts

But if I dare criticise the refs I'm butthurt? I'm not saying that they won BECAUSE of the refs, I'm saying that the ref blunders favoured them

They were the better team over the park, no doubts

But if I dare criticise the refs I'm butthurt? I'm not saying that they won BECAUSE of the refs,

:lol:X1,000,000,000,000

You posted this about the Refs.
They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win.

I actually thought it was the other way around Moffo. In the first half when the storm were on top the Dogs were the ones getting away with murder in slowing down the ruck. Could have been 3 or 4 more penalties against them IMO.

then in the second half the dogs get a dodgy knock on call against Melbourne when he never touched it which led to a further 3 sets of 6 on their line.

Oh and James graham should have been sent.

I think the reason you lost was the fact your halves are reserve graders and Melbourne have Smith and Cronk

The refereeing didn't decide it last night - the tactics in the play the ball the Storm use........they have got away with it all year. The referees could easily crack down on it but they never will.

Loudstrat

Coach
I thought that Melbourne got the better of the refs. They did get a way with murder at the ruck at times. In saying that, the refs were hardly a disgrace. They were actually very good. I thought they managed the try/fight/bite perfectly.
Me too. Melbourne got the rub of the green last night - especially in the ruck. Kasiano being penalised because Storm gimp was trying to push him out of the way -ffs!

BTW - good opening post Moffo. Love the "butthurt" replies - some people just cannot resist huh?

by the way , Bulldogs had a great year, punched well above their weight.
However history is very clear , teams that lose GrandFinals usually follow up with a disappointing year.
Souths 69 - won 70
Parra 76 - gf 77
Parra 77 - semis 78
Dogs 79, won 80
Manly 82, gf 83
Parra 84 - final 85
Balmain 88, gf 89
Penrith 90, won 91
Dragons 92, gf 92
Dogs 94, won 95
Manly 95, won 96
Roosters 03, gf 04