What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee disgrace

afinalsin666

First Grade
Reason we got away with holding down the last 20 was we were finally putting the dogs players onto their backs. We hadn't managed to do that all game. Tackled onto back = dominant tackle. Really simple equation.

Big Pete

Referee
Only controversial call was keeping Graham on the field. Given the precedent, I think the refs. got that right. Difficult to determine it in the heat of the moment (although in that case the evidence was fairly conclusive!).

Storm received a couple soft penalties and I remember one of the Dogs mistakes looked like a Melbourne strip but for the most part they were fairly good. Weren't asked a whole lot though.

Loudstrat,

When Kasiano got penalised at play-the-ball he was standing on the play-the-ball area, when the tackler is supposed to step back, but Kasiano was trying to throw his weight around a bit and show some physical dominance, but O'Neill I think it was didn't stand for it, if you pardon the irony.

isaiah

Bench
Congrats to the storm. You played the better game and deserved to win

The refereeing on the other hand. I can't believe someone saying before that they did a good job. Storm were not back the 10 once in the game and were allowed to lie all over the dogs players all game. They were absolutely pathetic, clear which side they put their $20 on and also which side the NRL wanted to win. f**king amateur hour

Anyway doesn't change the fact that the storm were the better team. Well done

i love how gen y, when they tell you something negative, they preface with something positive.

my team leader at work is the same. great job guys, but .....

Packy

Bench
The Dogs were outplayed, outcoached and generally just plain crap.

But, what I don't get is the Dogs were penalised a couple of times for slowing down the play the ball in the first half, one in particular was pretty soft. It contributed to Storm having almost 70% of possession and from there, they understandably put on a heap of points.

But, fair enough I thought if the refs are going to be consistent. Yet, in the second half when the Dogs had a chance of coming back at them, the Storm were laying all over the play the ball and were not penalised once.

Now I hate the Dogs as much as any normal, level headed league fan, but they weren't given a chance to stage a comeback. Not that they deserved to win it but nevertheless, consistency in the play the ball was non existent, and definately favoured the Storm.

This. I hope this is what Moffo was getting at. The refs otherwise were good but there were some fairly decent inconsistant things in the ruck.

Garts

Bench
The Dogs had been given a 7 metre rule for the last couple of months. I dont think you should be complaining about that at all.

Latest posts