What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee talk 2013

Lucas-Con

Juniors
I don't doubt that some of the penalties are genuine but when their lopsided refs have to be helping the other team for gods sake a few things were missed from the raiders that the roosters got penalised for.

POPEYE

Coach
Referees should be forced to wear Humphrey Bear costumes, disclosure of identity an automatic sacking. Taking the showponying out of the game would result in a far better product

Meth

Staff member
I am so sick of the video referees making different decisions dependent on whether the onfield referee calls it a try or a no-try. I get the theory behind it, but it doesn't work.

Today, David Williams scored a try with a grounding that was a clear knock on in 2013. As the onfield referee had called it a try, it was ruled to be a try. But had the onfield referee called it a no-try, it would have not been a try. Same vision. Different decision. Depending on the guy who obviously didn't get a good enough look at it to rule conclusively in the first place. And the wrong decision was made. It's madness. And it happens every week.

pirie

Juniors
I am so sick of the video referees making different decisions dependent on whether the onfield referee calls it a try or a no-try. I get the theory behind it, but it doesn't work.

Today, David Williams scored a try with a grounding that was a clear knock on in 2013. As the onfield referee had called it a try, it was ruled to be a try. But had the onfield referee called it a no-try, it would have not been a try. Same vision. Different decision. Depending on the guy who obviously didn't get a good enough look at it to rule conclusively in the first place. And the wrong decision was made. It's madness. And it happens every week.

Agree. Terrible decision, clearly a knock on

Iafeta

Referee

It wasn't even close to a try either. Jarred MaxMong also told the video ref to take 1 look, its a try. The ruling that they've interpreted this year is the ball is on the ground, the player can force the ball without controlling the ball. However, if its not, the player must control the ball and then force it. Williams lost control of it and grounded it with his torso. Its a knock on every day of the week and a fairly obvious one at that.

That said, Henry Perenara was the video ref and frankly he's a walking referee's stand up comic. Horrible ref. Those two should be banished with Ashley Klown.

It wasn't even close to a try either. Jarred MaxMong also told the video ref to take 1 look, its a try. The ruling that they've interpreted this year is the ball is on the ground, the player can force the ball without controlling the ball. However, if its not, the player must control the ball and then force it. Williams lost control of it and grounded it with his torso. Its a knock on every day of the week and a fairly obvious one at that.

That said, Henry Perenara was the video ref and frankly he's a walking referee's stand up comic. Horrible ref. Those two should be banished with Ashley Klown.

If his forearm hadn't touched it, no issue, but it clearly did.
Poor one eyed commentators had to stumble around to justify it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
another robbery

Oh f**k off James you pathetic leprechaun

Lyon f**king knocked that on!

Nice obstruction by Watmough there.

Terrible decision. Stripped by Williams in a two man tackle.

And no Papalii injured, f**k,

Try to Chris James of Manly

Manly don't score that try without Chris James. Ignored a blatant strip by Williams to give Manly the ball, then gives Manly a penalty after they drop it cold. Bravo Chris, bravo.

Matai is back on early what the f**k? Who f**ked up there?

How the f**k was that forward pass missed? f**k me dead!

What about the Matai shoulder charge?

That should be a Raiders penalty.

Terrible call yet again by the refs.

I would rather they referee to the laws of the game. Matai did not allow the ball to travel 10 metres, therefore it is a mandatory penalty.

El Diablo

Post Whore
another robbery tonight

Lol... Penalty for a facial, ok then

Lol what? Gordon took it out

Try to Chris James of the Sharks

Tackled in the air pretty clearly.

Ok boys, tackle them in the air and it will be play on.

Knock on Raiders???? f**king where you merkin?

f**k off Chris James you pathetic maggot

Oh f**k off Chris James you pathetic dwarf.

Sin bin? You are f**king kidding. Jesus f**king Christ you pathetic f**king maggot James.

Chris James gets his third try for the Sharks.

It's been a remarkable performance from the dwarven merkin, scoring all of their tries so far.

I'm sorry but I'm still fuming. That is an absolutely shocking decision. Just a f**king disgusting decision by the worst ref in the NRL.

Can't take that off him, massive dive by Townsend

Oh get f**ked

Oh f**k off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You f**king moronic merkins!!!!! Are you f**king kidding?!?!,?,?,?,?

The NRL can go and get f**ked

Honestly, however is responsible for Croker being put on report should be sacked on the spot.

Penalties 11-6 to the Sharks :crazy:

Oh get f**ked. On report? f**k me this game is soft. So f**king soft.

6 more? Oh get f**ked

Now what the f**k is wrong with that? He landed on his f**king back!

Chris James gets his fourth. Remarkable performance.

Worth noting: penalties 14-6 to the Sharks

Chris James gets his fifth.

How the f**k did they not see that forward pass? Jesus f**king Christ!

That'd be f**king right. The deadshit touchie who missed the forward pass is a former Cronulla player.

Raiders 18 Sharks 8 (+ Chris James 30)

Man of the Match: Chris James (Sharks)

5 tries, massive effort.

I tell you what, if this is where our games is headed, count me out.

That was total f**king horseshit.

If Chris James ever refs again it will be a f**king disgrace.

Then again the NRL got the games they wanted, so he'll probably get a promotion.

Croker being out on report, please. Papalii tackles a guy who lands on his back and is put on report, get f**ked.

The game is heading down the wrong path, and tonight highlighted it in a big f**king way.

skeepe

Immortal
So you agree with Jarrod Croker being put on report because Bryce Gibbs had hold of his jersey I take it?

Griffoshark66

First Grade
If you truly think the refs helped cronulla win that game you're dumber than you appear. Canberra are a f**kin rabble. Worse than us and that says a lot.

Latest posts