What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee talk 2013

mave

Coach
Great idea. Really means that they can have 4-5 video review officials in one room, and apply consistent rulings given they do all the games. Hopefully they can have it up and running for next season.

Been saying this for years.

I would also like the review team to not actually be watching the games, and how they are being reffed on the field, or to know the current score either. This will take all emotion out of the decision, and any potential influences on the decision.

Basically, the on field ref asks for a review, the tv comes on in the "war room". The panel make a decision based on what the on the last play or whatever the on field ref has asked for, and the decision is made and passed back to the on field ref.

Quidgybo

Bench
A bit of constructive criticism for the video refs. I think the guys in the video box haven't yet adapted to the new system. They're looking at the same angle three or four times and while that made sense in a system where they had to make a call, it doesn't make sense in a system where there is already an existing call on the field that should only be overturned if there "substantial evidence" that the existing call is wrong.

If after two replays of the prime angle you still can't decide if there is "substantial evidence" that the existing call is wrong then by definition it's not clearly wrong. The existing call should stand, end of enquiry. They seemed to have it right in round one where they'd look at it once, rarely twice, and then make a call. But in rounds two and three they've slipped back into old habits of asking to see things three or four times and slowing things down to frame by frame. It just doesn't make sense under the new system.

Guys you're adding pressure to yourselves that you don't need to. There's an existing decision made by the man in the middle, hide behind that call and stop over analysing it.
Hmmm, only saw four of the eight games this weekend but was it my imagination or did we suddenly seem back to week one video ref standards? Quick, confident calls using a minimal number of replays. Exactly how the new system should work.

Leigh.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The shoulder charge should have been a penalty if they're being consistent. There wasn't much in it penalty was suffice. Ferguson played it up.

:lol:

The guy is out for 3 weeks with a fractured cheekbone as a result of the "tackle". Played it up indeed.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It doesn't really help us at the end of the day (unless sutton is banished forever but that helps everyone) we have lost possibly our best player for possibly a number of weeks because he was injured in an illegal tackle that went without penalty. Very f**king annoying.

Wighton is also going to be out for a week or two from all reports but I don't think his arm is broken so a small mercy.

Paullyboy

Coach
Exactly. The NRL admits both refs stuffed up big time, but doesn't change the fact that those two clowns changed the entire context of the match.

andrew057

First Grade
Great idea. Really means that they can have 4-5 video review officials in one room, and apply consistent rulings given they do all the games. Hopefully they can have it up and running for next season.

This was discussed last year. It really is a great idea.

Sphagnum

Coach
The Refs in that game last night were assholes.

I'm not going to stand here and say the the Titans didn't deserve most if not all of the penalties they got in the second half but adjuciate both teams the same way ffs.

It f**ken shits me that they penalise one team for something and then let the other team get away with exactly the same thing.

They f**ken ruined that game. It was a scrappy, mistake riddled affair but they blew Parra out of it with their one sided refereeing.

Would have been interesting to see if Parra could have hung on with a level playing field.

Good on Stuart for giving it to them. In an age of gambling being the center of everything, you can't have referees dictating the results of games with disgraceful officiating. It looks very f**ken dodgy when they do.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Raiders robbed again

Rubbish penalty.

Where was the f**king knock on there? If anything Tate knocked it out.

f**king blatant strip there missed.

Oh bullshit Badger you merkin

Hey they DO know that they're allowed to penalise the Cowboys

Oh get f**ked. First Edwards is hit high, no penalty. Next tackle Cowboys lose it cold and get a penalty.

Another bullshit decision, clearly touched by the Cowboys. This is a f**king rort.

Why the f**k couldn't Reece tap that? All the players were back! FFS refs!

Oh get f**ked! How many f**king times a f**king game is that f**king called play on?! f**k!!!!!

Oh get f**ked. Another bullshit penalty because they can't hold the f**king ball

Hahaha. The Cowboys tell the ref to blow a penalty, so they do.

Try to Gavin Badger of the Cowboys.

Oh seriously? So markers can't tackle now?

f**king merkin of a ref.

El Diablo

Post Whore
robbed again last night
His head was on the touch line you blind merkin!

Send Lawrence off for that. Disgraceful.

Adam Devcich is a merkin.

Why the f**k wasn't that play on? f**king Devcich may as well be wearing a Tigers jersey.

Have you actually been reading my posts? Devcich has favoured you so much he may as well be wearing a Tigers jersey.

Oh bullshit he f**king dropped it cold. Terrible call.

Biggest penalty milk ever and that idiot Devcich fell for it.

Makes up for the try the Tigers scored when Tuiaki was held by Mogg but got up and kept going and they scored.

How many forward passes are they going to get away with from dummy half?

Bullshit!!! That was a f**king blatant strip.

Adam "Tiger" Devcich having a whale of a game

f**k off!!!!!!!!!! He f**king dropped it f**king cold!!!!!!!!! You merkin!

Field goal by Adam Devcich for the Tigers

Are you f**king kidding? Are you f**king kidding? Are. You. f**king. Kidding?!?!??!?

If the Tigers win it will be because of that merkin Devcich. What a disgustingly biased performance.

End yourself Devcich you f**king merkin.

Try to Adam Devcich of the Tigers.

Adam "merkin" Devcich gets the Tigers home.

Man of the Match: Adam Devcich (Tigers). What an absolutely disgracefully one-sided display that was. f**king pathetic.

The refs, particularly Devcich, were so much in your side it was f**king disgusting to watch.

We didnt get beaten by the Tigers though. We got beaten by Adam Devcich.

Smith really needs to do something about the standard of refereeing. Adam Devcich was absolutely abominable tonight and directly decided the result of the game.

I'm f**king sick of seeing referees decide matches. It's happened far too often.

El Diablo

Post Whore
robbed v the Sharks
Does the f**king obstruction rule exist for teams playing against the Raiders? f**k me f**king dead these f**king incompetent pricks!!!!!!

I see.... one team can hold down, the other can't.

f**king hell.

Where's the f**king penalty for Carney's time wasting?

f**k you Chris James you f**king midget merkin

Refs 18 Raiders 6.

An absolutely disgraceful performance by those incompetent f**king idiots with the whistles. It's literally 15 on 13 out there, so pathetically one-sided has this performance been.

I guess I should have expected it when I saw the refs were an angry dwarf and a blind man.

Happy with the obstruction call then were you? You'd be happy if such an obvious obstruction was let go against the Roosters?

So shoulder charges are legal now? Or only on Raiders players?

Are grapples legal now?

That wasn't f**king forward!!! Terrible f**king call!

Try to the Chris James for the Sharks

f**king little pissant merkin of a ref.

Graham knocked that on quite clearly.

Are chicken wing tackles legal now?

Blatant strip on Robinson there

And that try wouldn't have been a try against any other team.

redvscotty

First Grade
I hope skeepe throws his hat in the ring to do some live updating.

A Raiders game lost would be classic!

Card Shark

Immortal
I didn't watch it but I read that the Faders scored a try that should not have been awarded :lol:

Insignificant in a 17-12 loss though. Every other decision went against the Raiders. ;-)

The reason the refs are so crap is because they muck around at training pretending to be players....going for 40/20s, putting bombs up & kicking field goals. Some of that training is paying off but they should concentrate on their job. :)

Latest posts