What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing

Moffo

Referee
How many calls did they get erong?

Missed strips and a stupid forward pass call. f**k them off

Liddell

Juniors
There were a few, mid air tackle on Dugan, missed strip, "forward" pass.

Still, we were ahead with 10 to go, if we were good enough we would have won.

Big Pete

Referee
Qld got the brunt of some fortunate calls. Two were blatant in the Uate strip and Tonga tackle on Dugan and the Pearce call while technically correct was inconsistent.

With that said, the Blues got away with a lot more in general play. Check out the spear tackle Scott hit Yow Yeh with.

andrew057

First Grade
tissues.jpg

Matt23

Staff member
Someone needs to tell Archer he's no Bill Harrigan and no Barry Gomersall for that matter either.

Mr Fourex

Bench
How many calls did they get erong?

Missed strips and a stupid forward pass call. f**k them off

As a completely biased QLD'r I would agree with your sentiment

....if I wasn't too busy celebrating. :lol:

Seriously though the non-forward pass ...... the JT strip and the Dugan tackled in the air incident had me scratching my head.

I thought they squared things up by letting the NSW fantastic four of grubs (Gallen, Bird, Scott and Ennis) get away with their usual shit in the ruck and play the ball

Apey

Staff member
Qld got the brunt of some fortunate calls. Two were blatant in the Uate strip and Tonga tackle on Dugan and the Pearce call while technically correct was inconsistent.

With that said, the Blues got away with a lot more in general play. Check out the spear tackle Scott hit Yow Yeh with.

Agreed for the most part although I hope you're not talking about Pearce's pass being called forward. If that was considered a forward pass then I guess I've been watching NFL all my life.

Big Pete

Referee
Thrown out of the hands forward and certainly went forward by about a metre.

Tough to call it up given how many were let go but he was asking for it, stupid play to start the second half with.

j0nesy

Bench
Seriously though the non-forward pass ...... the JT strip and the Dugan tackled in the air incident had me scratching my head.

I thought they squared things up by letting the NSW fantastic four of grubs (Gallen, Bird, Scott and Ennis) get away with their usual shit in the ruck and play the ball

Agreed. Some odd decisions against NSW, QLD the better team though. Not sure about NSW getting away with more in the ruck though, I thought both teams were give a lot of leway there.

I was more annoyed by the forward passes that were missed.

The refereeing was poor only because so many of the dud calls went against one team. No one would have cared if the calls went 50/50.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I agree with the thread.

The refereeing was disgraceful.

However, as a Blues fan, I can say that NSW got the better of the terrible decisions.

We were allowed to lay all over the tackled player forever; we were allowed to make mid air tackles on defenders; we could grapple the neck (yes Jason King that's you); we were allowed to be offside.

Refereeing helped NSW cause greatly - slowed the game down and kept us in it. I'd hate to see what would've happened if the refs policed the play the ball (44-0 Qld?)

Latest posts