What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee's and Robert Finch

Kornstar

Coach
The ref's are a bigger blight on our game than these off field incidents imo.......the difference is that one is swept under the carpet and the other is on the front page!!!!!

Discuss

S.R.

Juniors
I can not express my true feelings about the refs under the rules of this forum.

CrazyEel

Bench
First the video ref now the 2nd on field ref, the more they add the more inconsistent it gets. None of them even agree with each other :sarcasm:

IMO the video ref should be pissed off......and the two on field refs should be a permanent team, so that they know how each other works.....IMO then you would see more consistency.......but the way it is at the moment, unfortunately i think this is the year where a bad refs decision will cost a team either a spot in the GF, or cost a team the GF

CrazyEel

Bench
IMO the video ref should be pissed off......and the two on field refs should be a permanent team, so that they know how each other works.....IMO then you would see more consistency.......but the way it is at the moment, unfortunately i think this is the year where a bad refs decision will cost a team either a spot in the GF, or cost a team the GF
Agree 100% on all points.

snoozer

Bench
I can not express my true feelings about the refs under the rules of this forum.
what rules?

aren't we allowed to say that they are a growing cancer on the game that is getting out of control,that they are incompetent showponies,that they couldn't handle an u9's game with confidence?

adamkungl

Immortal
the 2 referee system has been a complete failure. For every extra official bar the ref and the two touchies, there have been been more mistakes, and less reason for them to happen. No wonder the fans get filthy. This includes the video ref(s) btw, just as incompetent as the rest of them.

Given the choice between this growing team of incompetents, or 1 ref and 2 touchies, I'd go with the latter any day of the week.

Feej

First Grade
Nothing will happen until one of those incompetent asses make a mistake that costs a team a spot in the GF, or even worse, costs a team a premiership.

1 Ref, 2 linesmen, f*%k off with the rest of the crap. I'm sick of it.

lifesgood

Juniors
Kornstar, that is the best way I have seen anyone describe the referees!!
That is simply so true

Did anyone see the challenge cup last ngiht? As bad as the referees have been in Australia, last ngiht was easily the worst refereeing i have ever seen in the grand final.

Huddersfield had a tried disallowed which was 100% a try no doubt about it, the ref was a metre away from the ball with clearly nothing in the way went to the video ref and sitll got it wrong. He was ruled for a double movement and the guys elbow had never touched the ground, it was a disgrace. That ref all he did was blow his whistle as soon as their was a slight chcane of a penalty at one stage it was 9-8 penalty count!!!!!

EDIT

I get so frustrated I just start making no sense and start just saying so much!

But they are terrible

And i completely agree with you

Last edited by a moderator:

StormChaser

First Grade
Two refs, to touchies, and how many nubs up in the video ref box? Yet they still can NOT get it right, week in, week out. The fans and the game deserve better.

Feej

First Grade
The idiots aren't even confident enough to make a decision on the field. Would love to know the amount of tries awarded vs tries sent to the video ref.

At least in the years where we only had 1 ref and 2 touchies, if you thought a try ruling went against you, chances are it would even up somewhere down the track.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Two refs, to touchies, and how many nubs up in the video ref box? Yet they still can NOT get it right, week in, week out. The fans and the game deserve better.

Ummmmmm

gallop_david_nrl_2.jpg

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I've had a gutful regarding this hack! and I have for a few years now!

Under his control the game spent a couple of years more similar to wrestling than it did Rugby league.

The game has gotten so fast that it basically involves one marker as the 2nd bloke doesn't get a chance to get into position so low tackles are not worth the effort.

Dummy half running has become a major aspect of the game yet markers get penalised or called out of the play at will when they are close too if not exactly in front.

Teams constantly keep getting relieving penalties early in games for holding down when there is nothing in it just too allow the referee to gain control of the match...

Tries are awarded for bouncing the ball with a finger nail within the vicinity.

The refs have so much on their plate as it is, yet he has them yelling out dominant and surrender almost every play.

I didn't see the manly v's cronulla game, but I have no doubt that Finch and his incompetent ways didn't help the situation...

DJShaksta

First Grade
I've had a gutful regarding this hack! and I have for a few years now!

Under his control the game spent a couple of years more similar to wrestling than it did Rugby league.

The game has gotten so fast that it basically involves one marker as the 2nd bloke doesn't get a chance to get into position so low tackles are not worth the effort.

Dummy half running has become a major aspect of the game yet markers get penalised or called out of the play at will when they are close too if not exactly in front.

Teams constantly keep getting relieving penalties early in games for holding down when there is nothing in it just too allow the referee to gain control of the match...

Tries are awarded for bouncing the ball with a finger nail within the vicinity.

The refs have so much on their plate as it is, yet he has them yelling out dominant and surrender almost every play.

I didn't see the manly v's cronulla game, but I have no doubt that Finch and his incompetent ways didn't help the situation...

This is a gee up right.

zombat

Juniors
Robert Finch is one of the best men in league, its his minions that are the idiots.

Robert Finch for CEO