What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee's and Robert Finch

beave

Coach
I would want to run over him with a cement truck if I was a Sharks fan.

I thought we copped a fair few $hit calls on Friday night, but after watching todays game, I have nothing to whinge about (well in comparison, you get the point).

What happened to Cronulla today was down right disgraceful.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
I've felt Souths were ripped off once or twice this year and same with a couple of other teams but i have never seen such a diabolical reffing performance to decide the game as today. Finch has to be accountable for these f**ktards, especially Robinson i've hated that prick from the first time he reffed a Souths game, he's so dodgy it's criminal!

Hanscholo

Bench
You missed the best ones mate..

1. Surrender tackles...lmao. Nothing worse then hearing a referee call a surrender on a bloke just cut down by a good tackle.

2. Dominant tackles.......................................

3. OBSTRUCTION

The three things listed above are a blight on the game. 1 and 2 ushered in the era of wrestling and was responsible for more knee injuries than at any other time in the game. 3...Is a blight on the game in both australia and england. Whats wrong with good old obstructing a player attempting to make a tackle?

Finch is an arse clown and i hope Gould keeps trying to get him sacked.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
The game is seriously going down hill with these absolutely f**cking geniused refs. This season has got to be the worst i've seen and it seems to be getting worst each year. Refs have no idea about obstuction and the amount of time a game is stopped by a sideline official because some player was given a wedgy five tackles ago is a f**king joke.

fred92

Juniors
The idiots aren't even confident enough to make a decision on the field. Would love to know the amount of tries awarded vs tries sent to the video ref.

At least in the years where we only had 1 ref and 2 touchies, if you thought a try ruling went against you, chances are it would even up somewhere down the track.
Do you ever watch the under 20s? no video ref yet they make less mistakes and the best part is there is no bias to either team.

Crippler

Juniors
just watching a couple of 2001 games and found the referring much better then. Who was refs coach then?

Jason Maher

Immortal
What gets my goat is the coaching of players by the ref. "Hold, hold, hooooooold, go!" Why the hell is it up the ref to tell defenders when they can move? The rule is pretty clear-cut - defenders can move once the ball clears the ruck. If they go before this, penalise them. It is utterly unnecessary for the ref to be bellowing out to the players to hold after every tackle.

I also hate that players can't take a quick tap anymore. Fair enough call them back if they miss the mark, but otherwise let them play on. Surely the onus should be on the defending team to get themselves set in time, not on the attacking team to wait until the defence is set?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the problem is that administratively in the NRL no one is accountable anymore. whenever the refs f**k up they try and justify their deicisions, finch seems to have no idea how to improve the refs and they're making simple and stupid mistakes - that one where the roosters were uled to have kicked off over the deadball line :crazy:

gallops exactly the same, he isnt accountable for the game trying to grow and improve either

tlk

Bench
this year has shown us that having 2 wood ducks out there rather then 1 has done our game nothing good
just makes people laugh harder and hate these pink f**ken dickheads more!!! i mean really how many of these merkins do we need on the field to get the calls right?
yesterdays rort of the sharkies should be the final straw
f**k off Robbert finch f**k off fools in pink get some new faces in there cause the finch trained pink robots aint doing things right

sando88

Not a Moderator
tlk im jokin bro theres just like 6 of these threads already. its true sharks were robbed and quit suspect refereein to get reignin premiers in top 8. but wats done is done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thing is the more refs they add the greater the expectation they will get it right and the greater the frustration when they don't. Not to mention the extra refs are probably costing close to $1million a year extra!

My answers to the problems:

1. Get back to one ref and two linesman
2. Discourage TV replays of every decision by the ref
3. Encourage commentators to adopt the attitude that they are human and will make mistakes but it is a part of the game just as a ayer dropping a ball or fluffing a try is.
4. Stop them coaching players and let them get on with concentrating on decisions
5. Get rid of "interpretations" and make the rules obvious, clear cut and easy to decide on.