What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees and the Dragons win loss ratio

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Thought so (re teams in brackets)!
Adds up to 20 teams between all the refs, with 2 refs per game and 10 rounds gone !

Changaman

Juniors
Thought so (re teams in brackets)!
Adds up to 20 teams between all the refs, with 2 refs per game and 10 rounds gone !
Cechin and Phillips also did the Dragons-Storm game in round one. Cummins and Morris did the Manly game. My bad.

Last edited:
Interesting stats but I'm trying to get a feel for what they are actually telling us..
If we have a bad record under a certain ref, does it mean we don't get their interpretations, or do they just hate us more??

FNC Dragon

Juniors
Interesting stats Changa. Perhaps what the last 2 years have shown is that when a team is down on form, the performance of the referee seems more noticeable as you look to reasons to justify poor form. Our win loss ratio in 2009-2010 would have been tipped heavily in the wins and our incredible form shadowed any referee performance that I can think of. And even when we did get beaten (I'm thinking that last defeat in 2010 in Canberra) it was usually because we got outplayed.

Changaman

Juniors
Interesting stats but I'm trying to get a feel for what they are actually telling us..
If we have a bad record under a certain ref, does it mean we don't get their interpretations, or do they just hate us more??

After last weeks game I was interested in which refs work well with us and which ones didn't. Firstly I looked up the penalties, but as we know they usually come out equal, and some penalties are different from others, like Penrith getting a penalty on their 5th tackle in our quarter and the Dragons getting a penalty on the first tackle on our 20 metre, which happened. The stats on penalties don't give us that information.

But I think that certain referees have a subconscious bias towards certain teams. They might not penalise them more than another team, but they might look for one team to infringe because they think that they will infringe.

The stats show us that quite often the refs are teamed up as a duo quite a bit.

Anyway I will be watching tonight as we have refs that are favourable to us but we are not tipped to win. We shall see.

LatK7

First Grade
Interesting vid.
Dont know how long uve been wtaching Saints.
Semi Final, Kogarah Oval 1998, Saints v Dogs.
Treacy scores early, we lead most game, a gridiron pass from Dogs called Ok from
Steven Clarke.
He was nearly massacered in the car park ...

Yes! That was absolute rubbish. Still burns.

TruSaint

Referee
Lat, if u were there bro u would remember the security outside the ground.
Lets not forget that game was the last we played as St George.
A lot of emotion that day.

Latest posts