What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees that have played NRL

Loudstrat

Coach
Mark Soden from Norths became a referee, didn't he?
Interesting re Hartley and Newtown. He refereed Newtown in the 81 GF!

Hartley also played for Manly in '78.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The most famous player/referee would be Holman. Former Wests great, played tests, GFs and then refereed Grand Finals and a few tests.

the league should take some of that money that goes into uncle ruperts skyrocket and use it to pay the top dozen refs the sort of money the top dozen or so players get. on the strict condition they don't get all harrigan on us and start thinking they're the star attraction of course. that way you'd see a lot of players look to becoming referees rather than taking the dough in pommyland or becoming coaches. if you had a whole bunch of experienced players busting it to get a nice fat cheque as a ref a lot of the clowns currently running around with a whistle would be back in harold matthews where they belong.

I know a ref who ref's on the sidelines in the NRL and some of the lower grades in the middle who is on 80k per year, for just 6 months work. I would kill to earn that much for 6 months work. Its not the hundreds of thousands on offer in the ESL.. But hey, anyone can retire on 80k for 6 months of work.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gus was a touchie, he only lasted 10 minutes.:lol:

I remember there was a blue on, ran onto the field and Simpkins asked if he saw anything "I didnt see anything mate just came in to protect you"

Latest posts