What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs Hammer Us GI Hammers Back

The refs nearly killed us tonight , its like we are playing away Games each week, GI you killed it tonight 3 tries and and saved 2 great defense when needed. Beat the Sharks and the refs tonight with 46% posession. Great Team Win guys top 4 for sure.

greg-inglis hat trick.jpg

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Easy there - we're not quite Top 4 material just yet. But yes for the 2nd week running the refs slaughtered us unjustly and we were able to overcome it. That's what good teams do.

GI was beyond superb. Where's that dickhead troll to say that he shouldn't be playing fullback? For as long as he plays with us he must have #1 on his back.

Awesome seeing Sammy back too. I heard his brother is a big chance at returning after the bye.

Slowly, slowly everything's coming together nicely. Really pleased.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
That penalty to the sharks for pushing was the worst referring decisions ever. They scored off that set.

I'm very disappointed in Matt King. That try the sharks scored of a bomb King not only failed to defuse but also allow to pass after being out jumped highlighted how out of class King is playing in the NRL.

GI on the other hand is class personified. Rarely have Souths got value from a high priced signing but we did tonight.

Hopefully we can sort out the softness of our defensive line on the edges to consolidate our position in the top 8 for the rest of the season.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Great resolve shown by the team tonight in defence despite letting in 28 points. The penalty against Luke was ridiculous, penalised for one push when De goose did multiple pushes. Our attack looked much better tonight too but Sutton has to stop kicking completely as he has no control. Good to have Sam back even though he was quiet for him his hit ups helped immensely.

Our biggest problem is Farrell, I like the kid but he is going horribly especially in defence. He leaves poor Nathan up shit creek to often with his terrible reads in defence, problem is we have no one to replace him which could be why we are after Omar to take that spot.

Clark has deadset taken over as my new fav now Stuart has retired, his one on one defence is superb and I really hope he takes the 13 next year if Crocker is moved on.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Back from the game, very pleased with beating an in form Sharks side.

As has been said, Chechin is a clown, fancy that penalty on Petty and putting two of our guys on report for nothing.

The team has been improving as they get used to playing under this new structure, which is completely different to the rubbish we dished out under Lang.

Robbie 12

Juniors
I agree guys that penalty with De goose, was a joke, all the ref should have said was "come guys lets just settle down and play the ball" and that's it, not even apenalty at all, just play the ball....got a penalty for pushing the other player...come on ...and that last try the sharks scored was a forward pass, you can see he passed it on the 10 metre line and it gain an extra 2 metres.....and that tackle king did high shot the guy was falling in the tackle and landed on kings arm......the refs should be dropped to under 20s ....if the ball didn't bounce our way tonight we would lost the game

And I think we should taken king off, after he got hit in the head from that tackle, he just wasnt all there after that.....carney is a smart player and targeted king in defence after that tackle, that knocked him out a bit... they scored on that side and then made a break on that side that lead to the last try, which was a forward pass....but I joyed the game edge of your seat stuff..

Last edited:

Robbie 12

Juniors
I agree guys that penalty with De goose, was a joke, all the ref should have said was "come guys lets just settle down and play the ball" and that's it, not even apenalty at all, just play the ball....got a penalty for pushing the other player...come on ...and that last try the sharks scored was a forward pass, you can see he passed it on the 10 metre line and it gain an extra 2 metres.....and that tackle king did high shot the guy was falling in the tackle and landed on kings arm......how can you do ahigh shot with out lifting your arm .....the refs should be dropped to under 20s ....if the ball didn't bounce our way tonight we would lost the game

And I think we should taken king off, after he got hit in the head from that tackle, he just wasnt all there after that.....carney is a smart player and targeted king in defence after that tackle, that knocked him out a bit... they scored on that side and then made a break on that side that lead to the last try, which was a forward pass....but I joyed the game edge of your seat staff..

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
GI saved about 5 tries tonight, Carneys first break, he was there to stop Mills, he stopped Gallen from scoring, stopped williams twice and tackled Best when he broke away inthe last few minutes, he killed it tonight, Carney was amazing. I thought our pack got the writer of Cronullas tonight, and hats off to stopping a team that hadnt been beaten in 6 weeks ! Merritt, Burgess, Pettybourne, Geddes, Crocker, Sutton, Issac and Taylor were also good. Clark's defense and Reynolds goal kicking, top notch, Chris who ? Lol@sandow.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Yes good game pettybourne was a suprise that try assist and that little grabber in the in goal, crocker no stupid play and no knock on's impressed..... I miss McQueen

pierced

Juniors
That dickhead troll never said GI can't play fullback. Learn to read. He just said we aren't top four because we don't have halves. Still thinks it to. Best game I've seen in ages. Big Sam glad to see ur still a f**kwit, I'm suprised u didn't jizz urself and book a hotel for the grand final weekend.

Galeforce

Bench
I agree guys that penalty with De goose, was a joke, all the ref should have said was "come guys lets just settle down and play the ball" and that's it, not even apenalty at all, just play the ball....got a penalty for pushing the other player...come on ...and that last try the sharks scored was a forward pass, you can see he passed it on the 10 metre line and it gain an extra 2 metres.....and that tackle king did high shot the guy was falling in the tackle and landed on kings arm......the refs should be dropped to under 20s ....if the ball didn't bounce our way tonight we would lost the game

that penalty could have gone either way. However, Luke , who had a great game , needs a good dressing down by Madge. He should have stayed out of it , Eddie is big enough to take care of himself and second man in is always in danger of being penalised.

I actually agree with the ref in this case. Eddie stepped off the mark , he was pushed back , which could have resulted in a penalty to Souths if Luke would have raise his arms and complained to ref , instead of being a goose and being second man in.

Galeforce

Bench
that said , great game overall and team played well.
Disappointed we allowed Sharks to come close when we had established a good lead. Everingham had a so so game get , he looked a little overawed. He will be under pressure from Mcqueen and Roberts to hold that wing spot.competition good.

Robbie 12

Juniors
that penalty could have gone either way. However, Luke , who had a great game , needs a good dressing down by Madge. He should have stayed out of it , Eddie is big enough to take care of himself and second man in is always in danger of being penalised.

Well its a supid rule ....should only apply if there is a fight.......our society is built on mates defending each other, and lukes gut reacton was to defend his mate, and it only was just a push and shove, it wasn't a fight, ...as I said before a simple just play the ball call from the ref was enough....

Last edited:

Achillies

Juniors
Is Maguires Melbourne link costing us in terms of the penalties we are conceding in the ruck area? Since the crackdown on the wrestle we are one of the sides that looks to have been targeted. We got hammered there last week and again last night.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
Our biggest problem is Farrell, I like the kid but he is going horribly especially in defence. He leaves poor Nathan up shit creek to often with his terrible reads in defence, problem is we have no one to replace him which could be why we are after Omar to take that spot.

Farrell and Sutton = Dumb and Dumber in defence. For me Farrell has gone backwards this season. I never concidered Farrell a liability in defence but he seems to have caught Sutton's empty-head disease and is as clueless as Sutton when it comes to tackling someone.

Perhaps Peats could play in the centres if there is no improvement from Dylan Farrell.

I'm not a fan of Matt King but he has a fair amount of ticker. Hopefully it will work out well for us and Matt King.

I dont think we're far from being an ok side.

Ttime

Juniors
farrel will turn it around dont you worry.
As for Peats moving to the centres... don't be stupid. He is WAY too slow. Been caught out a number of times...

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Farrell and Sutton = Dumb and Dumber in defence. For me Farrell has gone backwards this season. I never concidered Farrell a liability in defence but he seems to have caught Sutton's empty-head disease and is as clueless as Sutton when it comes to tackling someone.

Perhaps Peats could play in the centres if there is no improvement from Dylan Farrell.

I'm not a fan of Matt King but he has a fair amount of ticker. Hopefully it will work out well for us and Matt King.

I dont think we're far from being an ok side.

talk about empty headed disease, a hooker in the centres... NICE!

The shift from the wing to the centres for Farrell has seen us win 2 from 2, yes granted there needs to be an improvement, but no shift arounds are needed. A winning Souths side stays on the paddock, and it these wins were 3rd and 4th place, happy times at souths.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I'm hoping Farrell can turn it around as well. The reason I suggested Peats is because Corrigan the other centre alternative is worse than King and Farrell. Peats is more of a light weight forward than an all out #9. Is Peats too slow? Maybe but he wouldnt be slower than King and definitely quicker than McQueen who wouldve been the slowest and most immobile winger in the NRL.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Peats in the centres is a terrible idea but I know your only trying to find another option Honky but that's the problem, we have nobody to replace Farrell so we just have to hope he comes good. That left side is a huge worry and even though we won it will be to our own detriment if we ignore not only Farrell's issues but the combination of eddy, Sutton and Farrell who together are heart attack material, hopefully Sam goes back to the back row when his brother returns and that helps the left side a bit.

King doesn't concern me yet, clearly the head knock made him more vulnerable last night and his game dropped but overall his defence has been good but yes his attack has been uninspiring but that can be attributed to some very ordinary back line moves for most of the year.