What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

registration NRL vs afl

Fein

First Grade
Big R is an AFL troll.

Just because the AFL produces a stack of data apparently we all have to believe it!

The AFL is trying to play a game of bluff based on lies.

Here in Tassie AFL is very popular but its playing numbers are not growing anywhere except in AUSKICK programs. Big R and his idiot mates rely on lies to try and create a fake atmosphere of superiority.

This is all part of a game of deception which the media falls for because it needs stories in the quiet season and the AFL is providing them with plenty of them.

In teheend a turd is a turd and AFL is still fumbleball no matter how much Big R and his mates try to tell us otherwise!

I had no doubts El Busto, he has just joined and seeking "information" about the greatest game of all.

He sticks out like a Victorian in a room full of humans.

The bottom line is we all know the AFL figures are utter bullsh*t.

They give out free this and free that to kids in the Northern states and for every free show bag with a sticker and ball, they chalk that up as another "registration".

No wonder Tasmania carved itself away from the merkin of a joint.

elbusto

Coach
Sadly Tasmania is responsible for Victoriania. A couple of locals hopped on a dinghy, lost their way and landed there. They made the serious mistake of breeding and bugger me Victoriania came into being.

There is a hotel in Launceston called the Batman Fawkner named after these two prats - I suggest you visit it one day and throw rocks at it.

Its to our eternal shame that we Tasmanians are to blame for the evolution of this hell hole.

You have my sincerest apologies.:crazy:

Big R

Juniors
Big R is an AFL troll.

Just because the AFL produces a stack of data apparently we all have to believe it!

The AFL is trying to play a game of bluff based on lies.

Here in Tassie AFL is very popular but its playing numbers are not growing anywhere except in AUSKICK programs. Big R and his idiot mates rely on lies to try and create a fake atmosphere of superiority.

This is all part of a game of deception which the media falls for because it needs stories in the quiet season and the AFL is providing them with plenty of them.

In the end a turd is a turd and AFL is still fumbleball no matter how much Big R and his mates try to tell us otherwise!

Hahaha, by the way I'm not DB, just liked what he had to say on the Daily Tel. You see the thing is at least I'm not one eyed dics like some of you guys. I love soccer am a Melbourne Victory Member, I enjoy the Storm (went to 3 games last year) and love the AFL (you guessed it). I even watch NRL games on a Sunday if I have a bet on the game and don't mind them most of the time.

That's the problem with about 80% of the people of this forum. So one eyed. You get all defensive.... oh oh oh AFL..... oh oh fumble ball ..... On Bigfooty we get AFL one eyed dics on there as well that say stupid sh*t- so don't think you are alone.

All I asked was to see some figures. Open both eyes!

Big R

Juniors
Sadly Tasmania is responsible for Victoriania. A couple of locals hopped on a dinghy, lost their way and landed there. They made the serious mistake of breeding and bugger me Victoriania came into being.

There is a hotel in Launceston called the Batman Fawkner named after these two prats - I suggest you visit it one day and throw rocks at it.

Its to our eternal shame that we Tasmanians are to blame for the evolution of this hell hole.

You have my sincerest apologies.:crazy:

Haha Victoriania, brilliant! You're pretty clever yourself.

elbusto

Coach
Hahaha, by the way I'm not DB, just liked what he had to say on the Daily Tel. You see the thing is at least I'm not one eyed dics like some of you guys. I love soccer am a Melbourne Victory Member, I enjoy the Storm (went to 3 games last year) and love the AFL (you guessed it). I even watch NRL games on a Sunday if I have a bet on the game and don't mind them most of the time.

That's the problem with about 80% of the people of this forum. So one eyed. You get all defensive.... oh oh oh AFL..... oh oh fumble ball ..... On Bigfooty we get AFL one eyed dics on there as well that say stupid sh*t- so don't think you are alone.

All I asked was to see some figures. Open both eyes!
Listen mate we have seen your type before over and over again - yeah sure you went to three Storm games - Bull sh*t. You are a troll. Nothing more and nothing less.

And yes you are DB - you got caught red handed dead head.

Now go back to bed and say your prayers before mummy catches you.

Big R

Juniors
Listen mate we have seen your type before over and over again - yeah sure you went to three Storm games - Bull sh*t. You are a troll. Nothing more and nothing less.

And yes you are DB - you got caught red handed dead head.

Now go back to bed and say your prayers before mummy catches you.

I know its hard to believe someone who says they go to NRL games (because we are a very rare breed) so I don't blame you there. That's the facts... NRL crowds are pathetic. I like NRL, but the crowds are pathetic. Hey I love the soccer, and the crowds there are pathetic as well. For a one city team, getting 17,000 is crap! Just because I bag soccer crowds (and some of the dic heads that attend the soccer) and the NRL crowds, doesn't mean I don't like either.

You are just so one eyed that you can't even see that there are people walking around with both open. A lot the people here probably only hate AFL because it is played in Victoria. What stupid idiotic reasoning that is.

You are just so one eyed that you can't even see that there are people walking around with both open. A lot the people here probably only hate AFL because it is played in Victoria. What stupid idiotic reasoning that is.

NO ,its the bullsh*t that AFL fans go on with.

You are UnAustralian if you dont follow it.
RL is a foreign game.
AFL is faster.
AFL has more skillful athletes.
AFL is tougher.
AFL has fitter athletes.
If you go to one live game you will be hooked for life.
We are expanding around the world...(name one pro league outside of OZ)

WE get it shoved down our throats by the media in QLD & NSW,yet outside of expats,& a few locals ,no one cares for it.

& victoria has a bit to do with it ...They are the most insular people on the face of the Earth..

One clown wanted to ban Soccer balls because he saw it as a threat to his beloved AFL..

Big R

Juniors
I had no doubts El Busto, he has just joined and seeking "information" about the greatest game of all.

He sticks out like a Victorian in a room full of humans.

The bottom line is we all know the AFL figures are utter bullsh*t.

They give out free this and free that to kids in the Northern states and for every free show bag with a sticker and ball, they chalk that up as another "registration".

No wonder Tasmania carved itself away from the merkin of a joint.

Ok, I admit the AFL do hand out showbags just to sign kids up and increase numbers. That's a good argument, everyone knows this. You should have left it at there.

You then go on to bag Victoria... what's the state of Victoria got to do with anything? When you guys start making comments like 'Victorian', you sound like the pathetic bully at school who calls people gay and geniuss because he doesn't have anything else to offer. That's how you can pick the smart ones from the dumb ones on these sites.

Big R

Juniors
You are UnAustralian if you dont follow it.
RL is a foreign game.
AFL is faster.
AFL has more skillful athletes.
AFL is tougher.
AFL has fitter athletes.
If you go to one live game you will be hooked for life.
We are expanding around the world...(name one pro league outside of OZ)

Well yeah that's pretty bad. I've heard that before and it makes AFL people sound insecure when they say sh*t like this. Not all AFL fans think like this though. A lot do though sadly....

The point about AFL is expanding around the world, even the most one eyed supporters knows this is bs. The International cup was a wank. Not sure why the AFL do this international sh*t. Look at the NFL in the states. They don't need other countries around the world playing their game to make it great.

High Flyers

Juniors
Honestly, who cares on this forum how many people play afl??? The afl gets all it figures and business projections from the same people that came up with the proposal for the sydney cross city tunnel.. and everyone in sydney know what a failure that is!!

The afl is at its peak, it has negotiated well in the last few years to put itself in a position where it can use all its buying power to try and increase market presence. Its the Bear Sterns of the sporting industry, (for those that dont know who that is, think GFC collapse) its a lumbering mess that cant possible grow any larger and sustain it. I think afl supporters will not be happy when the next tv deal comes through, despite the growth in size of the compitition the overall value is not set to rise as rapidly as the last deal.

The NRL is a great product and is currently undervalued! Everyone buy a club membership and have some patience, we will be OK...

Big R

Juniors
& victoria has a bit to do with it ...They are the most insular people on the face of the Earth..

One clown wanted to ban Soccer balls because he saw it as a threat to his beloved AFL..

So one dickhead wants to ban soccer balls and he represents the state of Victoria. ALL Victorian people are insular??? Why?

That's like me saying all people from Sydney are racist thugs because of the Cronula Riots. I know they don't represent the people of Sydney, so I don't generalise.

elbusto

Coach
I know its hard to believe someone who says they go to NRL games (because we are a very rare breed) so I don't blame you there. That's the facts... NRL crowds are pathetic. I like NRL, but the crowds are pathetic. Hey I love the soccer, and the crowds there are pathetic as well. For a one city team, getting 17,000 is crap! Just because I bag soccer crowds (and some of the dic heads that attend the soccer) and the NRL crowds, doesn't mean I don't like either.

This guy reminds me of Mikeo - he is close to being that stupid. If that is the case he will persist - withdraw and start again. Mikeo was obsessed with taunts about ratings and likewise claimed to be a fan of NRL while making persistent negative comments.

Its a sad way to be but thats obviously all this poor boy has to do.

If this were Big Footy and he were an NRL troll he would be banned by now. Here at League Unlimited we are more tolerant God Bless us!

Big R

Juniors
Honestly, who cares on this forum how many people play afl??? The afl gets all it figures and business projections from the same people that came up with the proposal for the sydney cross city tunnel.. and everyone in sydney know what a failure that is!!

The afl is at its peak, it has negotiated well in the last few years to put itself in a position where it can use all its buying power to try and increase market presence. Its the Bear Sterns of the sporting industry, (for those that dont know who that is, think GFC collapse) its a lumbering mess that cant possible grow any larger and sustain it. I think afl supporters will not be happy when the next tv deal comes through, despite the growth in size of the compitition the overall value is not set to rise as rapidly as the last deal.

The NRL is a great product and is currently undervalued! Everyone buy a club membership and have some patience, we will be OK...

Sorry for all these posts. Last one, just had to point out this post. Finally someone here states some intelligent facts to have a proper argument. I agree with many points here.

* The AFL is at its peak - it can't increase much more in its current markets. It is more trying to retain these markets rather than grow.
* The AFL will be disapointed with the next tv deal - Although it will of course increase, Western Sydney and Gold Coast will only raise it ever so slightly (if at all). Maybe the next television deal after they might reap the benefits, that if these two teams somehow take off.
* The NRL is currently undervalued - you guys got rorted in your last deal and everyone knows it. Won't happen again.

However the AFL will never collapse IMO. Even if WS and GC go belly up, it will still have plenty of coin to survive. Besides money, the AFL will have a sh*t load of assets (including ownership of Telstra Dome in 2025)

elbusto

Coach
Sorry for all these posts. Last one, just had to point out this post. Finally someone here states some intelligent facts to have a proper argument. I agree with many points here.

* The AFL is at its peak - it can't increase much more in its current markets. It is more trying to retain these markets rather than grow.
* The AFL will be disapointed with the next tv deal - Although it will of course increase, Western Sydney and Gold Coast will only raise it ever so slightly (if at all). Maybe the next television deal after they might reap the benefits, that if these two teams somehow take off.
* The NRL is currently undervalued - you guys got rorted in your last deal and everyone knows it. Won't happen again.

However the AFL will never collapse IMO. Even if WS and GC go belly up, it will still have plenty of coin to survive. Besides money, the AFL will have a sh*t load of assets (including ownership of Telstra Dome in 2025)
This posting confirms it - Its Mikeo - exactly the same arguments. Welcome back mate. Like the new ID!!!!!!

hutch

First Grade

so all rugby union club competitions around the earth are pathetic, as they are less than the nrl. brazilian football crowds are smaller than the nrl crowds, are they pathetic? the nrl crowds are not spectacular, they are solid and growing, they arent pathetic.

caylo

Bench

NRL crowds are not pathetic, there is just a difference between the culture of NSW and Victoria in terms of sporting events. NSW people have a higher cost of living then anywhere else in australia, they work more hours and have the highest rate of unemployment. This ontop of our unorganised state. Melbourne is organised around their sporting venues and its much easier to travel to.

Sydney Swans membership numbers have been on the decline since they won the comp... GWS will fail and AFL is not a NSW sport and IMO they will just be a money hole no matter how successful they are on the park. If anything AFL is only popular with the top end of Sydney (Eastern suburbs) then with Western Sydney.

elbusto

Coach
NRL crowds are not pathetic, there is just a difference between the culture of NSW and Victoria in terms of sporting events. NSW people have a higher cost of living then anywhere else in australia, they work more hours and have the highest rate of unemployment. This ontop of our unorganised state. Melbourne is organised around their sporting venues and its much easier to travel to.

Sydney Swans membership numbers have been on the decline since they won the comp... GWS will fail and AFL is not a NSW sport and IMO they will just be a money hole no matter how successful they are on the park. If anything AFL is only popular with the top end of Sydney (Eastern suburbs) then with Western Sydney.
You are wasting your breath with Big R - he is a troll.

In-goal

Bench
I can't get over hour insular some of you are, honestly, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Who gives a flying F%$# if the AFL have more participants, how does that effect Rugby League?

What effects Rugby League, is the siege mentality of many of it's supporters, this in turn is the reason that we struggle to attract women to the sport, and the same reason we have slipped so far behind in the national phsyche.

Sport in Australia has always been of the upmost in importance, so what if the Victorians follow it more closely.

I work for a research company, and through statistics I can tell you that Victorians, especially in Melbourne, enjoy living at a much better standard than their northern neighbours, including Queensland.

Oppertunities are dreadful for the 18-22 age bracket in the Northern states in comparison to Perth and Melbourne, does this make them bad people? What it might uncover is that social southerners are spending more on entertainment per head, hence the growth of Australian football.

But who cares?

Green Machine

First Grade
I can't get over hour insular some of you are, honestly, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Who gives a flying F%$# if the AFL have more participants, how does that effect Rugby League?
Seems the AFL do, otherwise they would fabricate those Oz Kick numbers
What effects Rugby League, is the siege mentality of many of it's supporters, this in turn is the reason that we struggle to attract women to the sport, and the same reason we have slipped so far behind in the national phsyche.

What evidence do you have that Rugby League struggles to attract women to the sport
Sport in Australia has always been of the upmost in importance, so what if the Victorians follow it more closely.

I work for a research company, and through statistics I can tell you that Victorians, especially in Melbourne, enjoy living at a much better standard than their northern neighbours, including Queensland.

Oppertunities are dreadful for the 18-22 age bracket in the Northern states in comparison to Perth and Melbourne, does this make them bad people? What it might uncover is that social southerners are spending more on entertainment per head, hence the growth of Australian football.

But who cares?
You do. That's why you lie on behalf of the AFL