What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relegation for Sydney clubs?

Loudstrat

Coach
695277-ricky-stuart.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Oh BTW old scrotum scratcher - Parra have nurtured heaps of talent - and played by the rules. Another difference - they didnt all grow up 2000kms away either.

Slammin

Juniors
Kick all but one Sydney team out. 2014 will be their last season then they can just have a one city team and then maybe they might have people turn up to their games. Comp can be a bit smaller for a few years until other cities enter. No biggie, just change the comp to a five or six team finals. It isn't NSWRL, need to piss off the chain and ball that's stopping this league from becoming a true national game.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Why single out Sydney clubs you f**king nancy? Why should non-Sydney clubs get a guaranteed stay in the NRL no matter how shit they perform?

Slammin

Juniors
Do you really need that questioned answered? The answer is blatantly obvious in my previous post. Are you really that daft?

de$$ie

Juniors
lol relegation is pretty much just a soft kill.

youre not going to attract any superstars when youre playing in nsw cup and sponsored by the leagues club.

Stagger Lee

Bench
not even my ideas are this bad. And some of them include adding extra players onto the field, a three point line for drop goals, an oval field and letting players bring their pets onto the field if they win a grand final

This is one seriously funny post :lol:

:clap::clap::clap:

Loudstrat

Coach
Kick all but one Sydney team out. 2014 will be their last season then they can just have a one city team and then maybe they might have people turn up to their games. Comp can be a bit smaller for a few years until other cities enter. No biggie, just change the comp to a five or six team finals. It isn't NSWRL, need to piss off the chain and ball that's stopping this league from becoming a true national game.
When lazy arsed Brisbane residents turn up to the footy with the same percentages of the population that Sydneysiders do, come back to the conversation. Meanwhile, f*ck off back to eleven finger land and find a seat pisser to root.

Do you really need that questioned answered? The answer is blatantly obvious in my previous post. Are you really that daft?
The only thing obvious from your post is your f*cking abysmally low IQ.

And what has that got you recently?

Sweet f**k all
Pretty much the same as you, minus the stupid conspiracy theories.

And speaking of the now infamous Henry/Thurston tin foil hat moment - I doubt any Cowpats fans would have condoned cheating if that was the case. Imagine the f*cking outcry from you lot IF that happened in a grand final, and IF you later found that the opposition cheated - I can assure you that your tune would be radically different.

But now that you condone cheating - a written apology to the Referee's Association would be appropriate.

POPEYE

Coach
Oh BTW old scrotum scratcher - Parra have nurtured heaps of talent - and played by the rules. Another difference - they didnt all grow up 2000kms away either.

Time for you and I to call a truce ol' mate, I won't dismiss your dream of 16 Eels if you let me hope for 16 Storms.

We are going to have to work together to combat that evil mastermind AG, his knowledge of the game is second to none and you know how hard it is to f**k a none

Btw, that 2000k thing, a miss is as good as a mile mate, let's hope Arthur is a good shot

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
So if you're outside Sydney and go shit, you're immune from relegation? Yep, that'll work.

What if the bottom 7 teams are:

Brisbane
Gold Coast
Storm
Cowboys
Warriors
Raiders
Newcastle

Going by your logic, the team who comes 9, just outside the top 8, gets relegated.

Genius!

:lol: Would never happen.

Slammin

Juniors
When lazy arsed Brisbane residents turn up to the footy with the same percentages of the population that Sydneysiders do, come back to the conversation. Meanwhile, f*ck off back to eleven finger land and find a seat pisser to root.

With that line of thinking no wonder Sydney teams are shit financially. One Sydney team equals big money.

Forget relegation, we need to cull the Sydney teams bar one to move forward. It's obvious NSW can't match the support VIC has for the AFL. That's why the AFL survives with no talk of pissing off the Melbourne teams as the league would fall apart without them, meanwhile NRL struggles because the Sydney teams are holding us back. Even Sydney and Melbourne soccer clubs bring in bigger crowds than Sydney league teams.

The only thing obvious from your post is your f*cking abysmally low IQ.

:roll:

Loudstrat

Coach
Time for you and I to call a truce ol' mate, I won't dismiss your dream of 16 Eels if you let me hope for 16 Storms.
Happy to call a truce if I knew what the f*ck you were talking about.

BTW, Im not that old. Im experienced for my age!

We are going to have to work together to combat that evil mastermind AG, his knowledge of the game is second to none and you know how hard it is to f**k a none
AG is a great bloke who deserves his time in the sun. If there is anyone happier in the vast LU community than the SBW swallowers, its AG with his new "Supercoach". Dont ruin his moment of glory. He'll follow the traditional Raiders path to sucess, and in a few months will become "Always Red Vee". But only after Sticky decides next August to replace Price at Kogarah for 2015.

Btw, that 2000k thing, a miss is as good as a mile mate, let's hope Arthur is a good shot
A great example of the traditional Popeye "wtf are you on about" post. I was talking about where Melbourne get their "juniors" from..........

Loudstrat

Coach
With that line of thinking no wonder Sydney teams are shit financially. One Sydney team equals big money.
Yeah, for whatever sport captures the big former League market.

You do realise (actually, of course you dont) that if there is poor clubs with poor support and with the hand out for NRL cash - its not a Sydney club.

I guess culling Sydney clubs is one of three ways Queensland clubs get a shot at a premiership. The other two include paying players to break contracts, and starting your own comp consisting of your club playing douchebag teams. Brisbane v Cronulla/Hunter Mariners in finals :lol::lol:
Forget relegation, we need to cull the Sydney teams bar one to move forward. It's obvious NSW can't match the support VIC has for the AFL. That's why the AFL survives with no talk of pissing off the Melbourne teams as the league would fall apart without them, meanwhile NRL struggles because the Sydney teams are holding us back. Even Sydney and Melbourne soccer clubs bring in bigger crowds than Sydney league teams.
Yet Sydney residents attend more NRL games on average than Brisbane residents. Maybe because 50% of Brisbane clubs fold within 3 years, and Gold Coast needed a few thousand clubs before they found one that could survive.

POPEYE

Coach
Melbourne get their juniors from the womb, the same womb that is available to anyone with enough balls to ask the question.

I once saw Rocket Reddy at a Mudgee game looking for talent, pity Parra couldn't afford to search Qld when the big three were still crawling. If they had I'm sure Denis the Menace wouldn't have let any skeletons out of the filing cabinet

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Every club scouts for talent, but unlike Melbourne, the other 15 clubs do so to complement the juniors they produce in their own district. Even Easts.

Parra can afford to do more things than than Melbourne from their own coffers.

You must have an awesome Dr Feelgood if you reckon you saw Rocket searching the Mudgee pussy looking for potential players. Im damn sure ugly turnoffs like Ribot and Anderson never got many opportunities in the velvet underground by telling MILFS in Brisbane that they were looking for their next fullback. :crazy:

Last edited:

Slammin

Juniors
Yet Sydney residents attend more NRL games on average than Brisbane residents. Maybe because 50% of Brisbane clubs fold within 3 years, and Gold Coast needed a few thousand clubs before they found one that could survive.

One team for Sydney means no longer a financial burden on the game. Pretty simple really. No one cares how many Sydney folk rock up to games when the average crowd is 10k.

Loudstrat

Coach
:lol::lol: You have no f*cking idea.

10k average?

Financial burden?

All clubs operate on the same financial donation from the NRL you f*cking muppet - except Melbourne.

The only difference is that Sydney clubs tend to be the ones that win premierships without rorting the cap or making up their own comp.

With intellect like yours, next you'll be remodelling the Bathurst 1000 to get rid of the vast burden of V8's on the Australian Touring Car circuit. :lol::lol: