What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Das Gupta

Juniors
6845.png

Anyone else have these, drink them, then blow them up, and pop them by stomping on them in the schoolyard at lunch?

Yes.

Clem Gould

Juniors
Rich kids being banned from wearing footy boots as they caused injuries to kids who couldnt afford them
Going fishing fishing with a stick and 10ft of line and actually catching fish ( A lot of water between each fish now days)
Local shops and no chain stores
The Argonauts on ABC radio ...No tv then
Party lines were a phone system not a coke binge

El Diablo

Post Whore
i'd watch cartoons in the arvo when i was stoned just to see Sophie Lee

i watched Sex too

i think that Kerryn Phelps used to be the Dr. on it

thorson1987

Coach
A painful reminder.
A lot of trampolines now have covers over the springs but back when I was a nipper there were a few occasions I jumped too reckless and landed balls first on the springs.
ab0e36800cd74b1ba2326f14486343ec.jpg

These built character. Always wary of someone double bouncing you.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
These built character. Always wary of someone double bouncing you.

I got an unexpectedly huge double bounce on our old rectangular trampoline back when I was in early teens and flew threw the air landing square on my stomach on one of the rounded steel corners.

Knocked the wind clean outta me and was groaning for like 5 minutes thinking I was dying, then recovered pretty quickly after realising I was pretty lucky to avoid any kinda injury!

Yay the wild west 90's hehe!

Parra

Referee
I got an unexpectedly huge double bounce on our old rectangular trampoline back when I was in early teens and flew threw the air landing square on my stomach on one of the rounded steel corners.

Knocked the wind clean outta me and was groaning for like 5 minutes thinking I was dying, then recovered pretty quickly after realising I was pretty lucky to avoid any kinda injury!

How hot would those vinyl ones get in summer. Then someone would hose it to cool it down, making it so much more dangerous now that it was slippery.

___

Juniors

Yep. Kids of today truly are soft snowflakes.

How hot would those vinyl ones get in summer. Then someone would hose it to cool it down, making it so much more dangerous now that it was slippery.

On a similar note - coming down one of these blistering-hot slippery dips wearing shorts in summer..

I can hear that shuddering noise of skin rubbing on metal as I type this... and mum getting out the burns creme and mercurochrome ..

9ax3k0tpiox01.jpg

Latest posts