What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

The final filter was nothing but a gimmick,of course.

I thought it was an early version of that car polariser Brocky used to flog.

Complete with radiated charcoal and ion treated active metallic thrombosis , the final filter, that used to make the service station attendants watches point to the north.

Back in the day kids, we had attendants who filled your car up. You’d say “ Fill her up old mate” and after, hand over the $5 bill. “ keep the change if you were 2 cents or less out, anything more, old mate had to run back to the till.

Just like today, receipts weren’t issued.

Listen up kids, this thing could turn your commodore into a Ferrari.

9177F2B6-55E4-4022-B572-554F12FDC0DA.jpeg

There’s a lot of people in the hsv movement who swear by this.

Some say it was the beginning of the end for Ford when the general introduced this baby.

F43F3B7A-B963-4DD4-846A-C3EA62D3F8CA.jpeg

If any of us are wondering, this be my mates w1 commodore and the fastest and most powerful Australian production car ever built.

It’s a wise investment, outstripping the interest rate in appreciation.

I did some sums and on the current.market value, this car is worth over 40 times the v6 Aussie car I cruise about in lol.

But it rarely escapes from the Fort Knox where it be stored. Twice a year or something.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Anyone else grow up in the country/Nothern Rivers? This and ABC was all we had. Which, looking at all the garbage on digital channels now, was perhaps enough.

I remember when we used to go to Evans Head for holidays and besides the ABC the channels were NRN 11 and RTN 8 , one was beamed from Lismore and the other from Coffs Harbour, they didn't start transmitting till midday and the first show on one of them was Days Of Our Lives which my aunty used to watch all the time, this was back in the late 60s.

We didn’t have climate change back in the day.

Polluting was a human right. Smoking was encouraged, in buses, aircraft and in every confined space possible.

The Chinese weren’t allowed in Hong Kong without a passport, now they run the place.

Cigs are taxed pretty heavily. There’s a thriving black market here in Sydney for tax free numbers from Laos and strange Asian countries.

axl rose

Bench
While I don't actively watch the price of cigs, I was surprised when I served a customer at work last week and a 20 pack of B&H were $34.95
giphy.gif

Reflector

Juniors
Terasa Livingstone can nipple dent my pillow any time.

Agree. She was (is?) very sexy and cute. Notice I said sexy and cute, not hot?

Because I see a tonne of 'hot' girls walking around these days, but their attitude is a total turn-off. There's something to be said about a pretty girl who's bubbly and friendly and doesn't have a sense of entitlement from 1000+ guys trying to hit her up every day on Instagram or Tinder or whatever they're using these days...