What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reni is farked

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
No, he could use Andersons money.

That would be very skinny for Crocker. Mainstay of QLD & Oz teams coming in on an up and comers salary - that would be a big step backwards & thats all I'm saying.

With trhe recent changes on back loading applied by the NRL, Crock would be taking a very substantial pay cut in year one, thats why I think he'll sign for one year only like Maitua & then sign on longer when you move players on bigger slaries on (Ross) next year.

PJ

First Grade
I don't think he will Ronnie.

From what I understand he was going to the UK as his body was past the rigours of NRL, and most of the clubs know it. His salary will be down and he will be looking for as long as he can get, assuming his visa falls through.

The Dodger

First Grade
i was told that he (Crocker) was training with the bulldogs.

can anyone confirm if this is true?

Eion

First Grade

New to me, though I did read somewhere in the last day or so that souffs and the dogs were ahead of the sharks after it was reported the sharks were early favourites.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

I doubt it. Heaps said on talking sport today that if he plays NRL he will link with his old coach Sticky. Heaps would know if he was training with the Bullnods I reckon

Stuey Topper

Juniors
I tell ya what lads I was very wary about us signing Crocks before we lost Fraser. I thought we had far too many backrowers but now he is off to the land of Asahi I'm very keen for us to nab the loose unit

Gal, toops, reni, crocks and reecey make for the best back row rotation in the comp bar none

I also think reni or reecey are our best options for joining the pom in the centres for 09 until we sign a big name centre

I dont care how many tries he has scored in the preseason if I see Paris in the 3 or 4 this year I'll cry (like I did every Wednesday last year)

Eion

First Grade
I tell ya what lads I was very wary about us signing Crocks before we lost Fraser. I thought we had far too many backrowers but now he is off to the land of Asahi I'm very keen for us to nab the loose unit

Gal, toops, reni, crocks and reecey make for the best back row rotation in the comp bar none

I also think reni or reecey are our best options for joining the pom in the centres for 09 until we sign a big name centre

I dont care how many tries he has scored in the preseason if I see Paris in the 3 or 4 this year I'll cry (like I did every Wednesday last year)
It's a tough one stuey - we are seriously lacking pace. I would have thought that reni was quicker than reece so would maybe get my nod. Either way it's a problem, it'd be nice to get a bolter from the lower grades to step up...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I don't think he will Ronnie.

From what I understand he was going to the UK as his body was past the rigours of NRL, and most of the clubs know it. His salary will be down and he will be looking for as long as he can get, assuming his visa falls through.

His body isn't that far gone. He used that line to chase 400k a year in England.

Even if he is on the down hill slope, he would still be wanting more than Frasers salary & rightly so. I reckon he'll end up at the Dogs - they still have a stack of cap space after the last two years of player losses.

Anything on talking sport is just general rumor. I have never heard Johnny Gibbs get ANY of his "mark my words" predictions right. He did spruik Storm Financial don't forget. A bloke could not be any more wrong than that.

Hope you and the fam are alright though Gibbsy. But you're still a dribbler.

The Dodger

First Grade
look at what thommo did for our pack when he came, imagine the likes of crocker with his experience, would do wonders i reckon.

carcharias

Immortal
get crocker I say .

we would be nuts to not grab him if we had the chance.
fugged knee or no fugged knee.

chewsta

First Grade
look at what thommo did for our pack when he came, imagine the likes of crocker with his experience, would do wonders i reckon.

Great Point Dodge. As strong as our pack is already, with Crocker it would look deadset f**king dangerous! Im all for getting him!

PJ

First Grade
Too gig a risk if he wants too long a contract. Thommo was great for us but what if Crocker finished the same way as Thommo i.e. packing it in early in a new season. Could cost us signing someone else from outside or keeping an existing player.

Latest posts