What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reni Maitua tests positive

CRONULLA forward Reni Maitua has tested positive to a recreational drug and is poised to be stood down by the NRL.
In another black eye for the code, the former Kangaroos lock tested positive to the substance, believed to be cocaine or ecstasy, during a routine Australian Sports Drug Agency test about three weeks ago.

The Daily Telegraph understands Cronulla chief executive Tony Zappia will meet with Maitua’s agent Sam Ayoub and legal counsel in the city before a press conference is held later tonight.

The NRL has been informed of the positive test.
Maitua joined Cronulla at the beginning of the year after being sacked from the Bulldogs over a long history of off-field indiscretions.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25511879-5001021,00.html

Liam

Juniors
facepalm.jpg

man , how many hits can cronulla take?!

Just another example that its generally the same players , time and time again that f*ck up.

saying that though I still dont believe they should be testing for recreational drugs.

adamkungl

Immortal
And this guy was trying to sue the Dogs for unfair dismissal? Dumb f**k. Thank god we didn't sign him, some of the dribblers on the official roosters forum would have had him in a second...

Wonder if Reni Maitua will be known as the bloke who drove the final nail into the Cronulla coffin

ouwet

Bench
LOL... Thank God that fool isn't with the Bulldogs anymore!

I feel sorry for Cronulla...

Flapper

First Grade
An idiot thing to do, but at least he's being outed and punished, unlike the pill poppers on 2 strikes in the AFL. It's good to have a tough stance on this sh*t, but it don't look good when someone does it.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
God, how many more things can go wrong for the Sharks? I'm hard pressed to think of what else they can do to dig our hole even deeper, though at the rate things are going i'm sure they'll think of something.

Timbo

Staff member
Far out. You Sharkies fans, I feel its hard being a Canberra fan sometimes, but you guys deserve medals for sticking with your team through all this.

How much more can you take before the camels back breaks though?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
An idiot thing to do, but at least he's being outed and punished, unlike the pill poppers on 2 strikes in the AFL. It's good to have a tough stance on this sh*t, but it don't look good when someone does it.

So Reni testing positive is a good thing for the code as it can make us look strong compared to those AFL pussies ?

I am all for looking on the bright side but a current NRL player from the Sharks getting a ticket for jaywalking would be bad news. Reni out on the pills in the current climate is a big sh*t sandwich that the code and especially the sharks will all have to take a giant bite from. I can't see LG renewing their sponsorship with the sharks anytime soon.

I remember when Sargent tested positive for cocaine at the Cowboys, we sh*tcanned his arse quick smart. I hope for the game and the Sharks sake they do the same to Matua. Gee what a fall, from Australian rep to what ? England ? France ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hate to say it but could this be another nail in the cronulla coffin?
They might not have many left to hammer in before the casket gets burried

As for Maitua, the blokes an a-grade arse clown, hope the NRL kicks him out for good