What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep 7's: Rest Of The World

El Coconuto

Bench
Greetings lads and ladettes, welcome to the Rest Of The World thread.

I know it's still a long long way away but may as well get the ball rolling. Our one off representative match against the Australian's will run from Sunday 18th July - Wednesday 28th July.

All those who would like to declare themselves eligible for the 'Rest of the World' squad can do so now. I'll do my best to keep this thread updated as the season progresses so we don't forget about it.

Seeing as it is still a fair way away, selections won't be made until mid-June incase people decide to drop out of the competition, or change alliances which hey you're more than entitled to do. It also gives everyone the opportunity to stake their claims.

As always, let's keep this thing fun too. Thanks ya'll.

El Coconuto

Bench
Here's a team list of those who have declared eligible for 'Rest of the World' thus far:

Parramatt
[furrcat]
Raider 69
Robster
Paul-The-Cowboy
Thierry Henry
nibbs
Big Mick
eels2win
Lewis
Tang

All pending confirmation.
This post subject to being updated.

Robster

Bench
ParraMatt said:
If Robster gets selected, I'm out, And Im pretty sure Nibbs and Thierry will be too.

Don't think you'll get selected with bad sportsmanship like that anyway.

ParraMatt

Bench
Willow said:
ParraMatt said:
If Robster gets selected, I'm out, And Im pretty sure Nibbs and Thierry will be too.
I sincerely hope that was a joke.

I can't speak for the other 2, But Nibbs did tell me in a message he wont play either. If Robster is selected im definately not playing. Sorry Willow, Just how it is with me and him. I can't stand him posting in my team thread, god, How could I cope being in the same side as him. You might tell me to grow up and get over it but I'm quite happy just to sit it out if need be.

Anonymous

Juniors
I dont wish to upset this thread past this post and my apologies to El Coco.

IMO, Robster and ParraMatt deserve each other.

ParraMatt, you are quite correct in that you dont speak for other members... but you did. I guess it won't happen again.

Personally, I have little time for ultimatums - stuff like "If Robster gets selected, I'm out.." is really bad form imo.
Robster, your form is no better.

If not for giving benefit of doubt for lack of maturity, you both would have been permanently barred a long time ago.

And yes lads, its time to grow up.

[furrycat]

Coach
Its ridiculous if you're going to boycott a match over a stupid feud that doesn't make sense. You're as bad as each other...

El Coconuto

Bench
Ok, this is new to me. I wasn't aware there were differences within the team of potential candidates.

First and foremost, this game will certainly not be boycotted because of a personal fued.

Secondly, as far as I am concerned playing representatives sevens for the 'Rest of the World' is not a right, but a privelage. I for starters am totally honoured to be named captain and I would hope that those selected would feel as lucky as I do to be involved in such a game.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to notify everyone that selection will be done in the fairest way possible. In a few weeks I'll name a vice-captain to aid me in the selection process. Statistics will have a significant bearing on the selection process, but clearly not the only one. They just provide a guideline with which to work with. Don't ruin your chances by doing something that will bring the match, this team or the competition into disrepute. That's certainly a no-no.

This competition is about fun and keepin it real (for lack of word). Let's keep it that way. Otherwise, like the rest of the world (oh the irony) we're going to have a long and audacious time moving forward.

On a sidenote, I have personally spoken to Thierry Henry who has assured me that he will not withdraw from the selection process under any circumstancial personal aggreviances. Hence, I suggest we put this rumour to rest. I can't say that I've spoken to nibbs on the matter, but that too is on the cards.

I'm sorry for having to take a hard-line stance when the thread and game is meant to be enjoyed, but at least for now I feel it is important for everyone involved to know where I stand on the matter. I for one don't have a problem with anyone in this team, which is why I'm surprised to hear certain things within the thread. I leave the matter to be dealt with by the parties at hand.

We have the personel to go into this match and win it. Let's stick together and at least respect each other, if we're not going to get along. That's all I ask for and I can't ask for anymore of any of you.

Robster

Bench
Well said El Coconuto , I don't mind playing alongside ParraMatt as I don't give a shit what a person from the internet thinks of me, time to stop stiring the porrige when its already thrown out the window, and Matt mate you make alot of rumors that certain people hate each other and has been proven quite abit not to be the case, Mate just get over it and love the world like Micheal Jackson.

[furrycat]

Coach
I suggest you both just don't converse with each other AT ALL. You'd be both very lucky if El Coco decided to not choose any of you if he thought you were both going to fight. Sort out your differences, or ignore each other, I'm tired of entering threads and having to read this garbage.

roosterboy60

Juniors
Look, before I start I have to say that I am good friends with Matt, and don't really like Robster but in saying that this comp is about having fun and not having fights. Both of you are good players and both derserved to be picked. Just ignore each other if need be.