What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacements for Gallen and Carney

jc155776

Coach
Why must chad be given a chance? We want stability. For three games graham to 5/8 provides it. Defensively safer as well. As
Long as chad is being paid whatever his contract his he should be happy to keep working hard in reserve grade.

f**k pushing youngsters into 1st grade just to satisfy gen me egotism.

bluey

Bench
Why not Peachey to 6 Leave wade Johny where they are and replace a running 6 with similar .Chad and Robson together worries me , both similar players and our attack may suffer because of it although i would love them to prove me wrong

shaggs

Coach
Terrible idea. Didn't play 6 in nyc. Not a great idea to drop into that position to replace our best 6 since god knows.

Everyone goes on about him being this awesome ball player, but I don.t know.

Madsharkie

First Grade
We lose flair, creativity and kicking game with Carney.

Must replace him with best option that fulfills that.

It's Chad Townsend.

Leave Graham at lock forward to continue his development there.

In Gallen we lose everything!!

Not replaceable.

Strangely enough I'd put Taga in the second row starting spot.

I know he's been the least effective forward in the team this year.

But this could be the kick starts he needs.

Bring Frizzell on the bench or Taufua.
^^^
This

webShark

Why not Peachey to 6 Leave wade Johny where they are and replace a running 6 with similar .Chad and Robson together worries me , both similar players and our attack may suffer because of it although i would love them to prove me wrong
Chad and Robson worries me too. But so did Robson and anyone. Peachey hasn't played 6 since about the U10's. If he was anywhere TC it would have been pointless in recruiting TC in the first place. CT is the next best half at the club and should be given a chance. I think he is more creative than Wade.

Why must chad be given a chance? We want stability. For three games graham to 5/8 provides it. Defensively safer as well. As
Long as chad is being paid whatever his contract his he should be happy to keep working hard in reserve grade.

f**k pushing youngsters into 1st grade just to satisfy gen me egotism.

Even though hes no organiser's thingamy, Graham has proven to be solid, especially his defense, which will be important for the 1st game against Dogs at ANZ(May 21st)!
Let's hope Sticky, pinches a few of their important players!

Windy70

Juniors
I'm warming to the idea of Graham going in there (6) for stability. After all it was Carney that was getting played out of position when they paired.. But I am loving what he is doing now and I'm sure the current confidence and excitement filters through the entire club. I don't think Chad would disappoint.

Two things,
Robson and Townsend were paired together in the trials for a reason, by all accounts their game looked fine playing together.
Graham is skirting Stuarts mind for selection. I definitely would not be surprised if he was called up sometime throughout the series, with Kidley out there is a genuine need for a utility, and Wade fits the bill.

Also, if a few more injuries occur, don't be surprised if more of our players start to get looked at more seriously.

Card Shark

Immortal
Pomm for Jennings? ;-)

Pom is a right centre & Jennings a left, if memory serves me correctly. Either way I'd have Pom there in his favoured position. Can't put Pom on the left, he'd get too confused:)

We must pick Townsend....this is not about 3 games, it's about 10 years.

Special K

Coach
Graham is skirting Stuarts mind for selection. I definitely would not be surprised if he was called up sometime throughout the series, with Kidley out there is a genuine need for a utility, and Wade fits the bill.
So why would you f**king pick Corey Payne and Liam Fulton over him for City?!?!

btw not having a go at you bubby but at NSWRL. Idiots

RUBIKS

Juniors
NO, it's about three games.

The here and now.

Such hate JC. Did Townsend not let you suck his little fella?

The Bronco's put their kids in every Origin period. The "Baby Broncos" can be hit and miss but by jeez, a couple years later and now look at them, they've all graduated to the main squad and flying high.

You talk about stability and in the same breath reshuffle the whole team? Wouldn't Adding one player and leaving everyone where they are also keep some sort of stability?

Do you remember how poor wade was at 6 against the Cowboys when Carney moved to fullback? I don't wanna experience that again. He's makeshift at best.

Also it's not like Townsend is untested. He was playing firsts last year during the Origin period without Gallen and without Carney and got a good 4 game winning streak going.

Townsend to 6 is a no brainer. Taufua to the bench and done.

Card Shark

Immortal
Chad could easily be doing what Robson is doing, coming in @ rd 3 & steering the ship whilst Carney struts his stuff. At the time, I'd say most didn't care if it was he or Robson, we just needed a better balanced halves combo - which was basically Carney @ 6, organiser @ 7.

He would be disappointed to be not in firsts but I'm sure he understands the situation. He would be gunning to get an opportunity when a half is unavailable & to give it to someone else might just get him to ponder about opportunities elsewhere.

Madsharkie

First Grade
...The Bronco's put their kids in every Origin period. The "Baby Broncos" can be hit and miss but by jeez, a couple years later and now look at them, they've all graduated to the main squad and flying high.

You talk about stability and in the same breath reshuffle the whole team? Wouldn't Adding one player and leaving everyone where they are also keep some sort of stability?

Do you remember how poor wade was at 6 against the Cowboys when Carney moved to fullback? I don't wanna experience that again. He's makeshift at best.

Also it's not like Townsend is untested. He was playing firsts last year during the Origin period without Gallen and without Carney and got a good 4 game winning streak going.

Townsend to 6 is a no brainer. Taufua to the bench and done.

Bada bing, bada boom! Lock it in!

ComotoCoolum

Juniors
We are gonna play Dogs, Titans and Bronco's in that order without the pair for Origin........could be a lot worse. Confident of winning at least two of those games(probably all three). I reckon we will prob play Wade Graham at 5/8, with Fifita in the forwards for Gal and have Taufua and Frizzel on the bench. With DeGois directing the traffic we should be sweet, GO THE MIGHTY SHARKIES!!!

Latest posts