What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reservations about ricky

millersnose

Post Whore
1. he performed no better last year than raper did with arguably a much better squad

2. he seems to hold grudges

3. his gang style of defence was very effective with huge fit forwards but will be a drain on our lighter pack

4. he is short

5. reefy likes him

6. frenzy isnt whinging

Danger

Juniors
Any reservations i have about ricky dont really matter, anyone has to be better than raper.

Lets just hope he does a good job!!!

stevie013

Juniors
i believe ricky just gave up this year, he didnt look comfortable right from the start, maybe had a run in or two with the board during the off season, and didnt care about this season?? just a thought, i havent heard anything to back up this statement.

spider

Coach
He has experienced a premiership in both aspects as others have, but he has also experienced the high's and low's of coaching. Thats the important thing we need him to combine with his knowledge and grow from there.

fizman

Bench
I agree Millers in all seriousness. I really would have liked to see David Waite appointed as Head Coach.

It is my opinion that Stuart will be here temprorarily before heading to Canberra where he will become a "career coach" as his manager likes to descibe him as.

Like all before him (except Raper) I wish him all the best.

Special K

Coach
Ricky handles jnrs well. He is bringing people like Jim Dymock over. Ricky drills his sides very well.. All things Raper didn't offer.

The roosters squad on paper is good I agree but they have to many athletes and not enough footballers. They were missing their best player(Minichello) for most of the year and they were running around with a backrow of players who played the same style - there was no variation (Flannery, Harrison, Fitzgibbion etc) and a 5/8 out of form.

I feel much safer about the club with Stuart in charge then butters raper. Least Stuart has a plan and sets goals!

carinashark

First Grade
Daivid Waite would not be tough enough at the Sharks . We destroy coaches.He would be a great coaching director though , someone to look over the whole operation.

spider

Coach
Dorsel said:
here's a URL to a roosters blog thing........comments made by some of their fans shortly after he got punted...some interesting reading....I'm a little apprehensive about him...he's certainly a bloke that polarises opinion....

http://blogs.foxsports.com.au/league/index.php/foxsports/comments/ricky_stuart

I guess a coach is not punted when at the top of their game or popular in the fans opinion - much like raper - not that im making any similarities what so ever.

Hopefully a change will be good medicine for him and Sharks.

millersnose

Post Whore
over raper yes

he has done the job allbeit with all the right tools

nowhere near as impressive as lang at penrith or the tiges last year

who both had far lesser squads

he would not be my 1st choice and barely in the top 10 choices

Latest posts