What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

big pat

Coach
"He who hesitates, masturbates". Doust and the Dragons are driving this Gasnier bus at the moment, if we let go of the wheel for a moment some other club will take over. And who's to say Cronk or even J Moz would be available to the open market

can someone stop the bus i'm getting dizzy.

Divine

Bench
"He who hesitates, masturbates". Doust and the Dragons are driving this Gasnier bus at the moment, if we let go of the wheel for a moment some other club will take over. And who's to say Cronk or even J Moz would be available to the open market
... Depends if you want no brakes or no steering.The retro-fitted GPS installed 18 months ago ensures at least we know where we're going!

Ulysseus

Bench
can someone stop the bus i'm getting dizzy.

I also would like off the bus, the driver took the advice and hesitated at the last set of lights and is now pleasuring himself as we head up the highway at 150km/h, I wouldn't mind, but he is using both hands :( and I am no longer confident in his ability.

BBQ.

j0nesy

Bench
Hope the guy comes back. While his defence wasn't great, it wasn't the worst going around either. Gasnier was absolutely awesome with the ball in hand, I lost track of the number of times he managed to beat his opposite number on the outside. Excellent player, and a St George junior, he is a must. As for Scott, I'd play him in the 2nd row, with Young to the Bench and Smith at Lock. Either that or play Gasnier on the wing in place of Nigthingale, with Nightingale off the bench. Although I prefer option 1, the point is he would fit without much reshuffling.

New_Era

Juniors
If Gas Signed with another team, and they came back and Bit us, and went on to win the comp, Then What will all the

( He will cost us Juniors DOOOO GOODERS )

Be thinking then ??

I want a Premiership NOW, Not interested in Next year, Until this year is OVER!!

dragondad

First Grade
I think the figures quoted for the next two years are over the top and not the kind of dollars that would make Bennett happy. Seriously, how does anyone know what he will be paid? There is no way that the Club would advertise it so it really is just speculation.

rasaint

Juniors
Brillant attack but dodgy defense, injury prone, will suck up big dollars of cap and other than a couple of State of Origins never really goes the job in big matches. If the club goes through with this I hope Wayne gets another level from him. Not keen but would love to be proven wrong. Hope I don't spend 3 years watching him nursing some list of injuries in the grandstand. Caveat emptor

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Four points:

1. Forget his defence. Look to the inside men. The coach will deliver. Moreover, Bennett is an apostle of defence and will annoint Gaz as it is written.

2. By crap paper reports, the club will pay him $50K this year plus match payments. That's nothing.

3. Gaz wants to play for St George. Is this so unbelievable?

4. Nothing is etched in stone yet. Creeping hasn't come down from the mountain.

Saint Doc

Coach

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/gasniers-keen-but-deal-hits-a-snag-20100512-uy2f.htmlGasnier's keen, but deal hits a snag

Glenn Jackson
May 13, 2010 - 3:00AM
MARK GASNIER's prospective deal to return to the NRL with St George Illawarra could be unhinged by the very factor that forced him out of the game: salary cap restrictions.
Dragons officials are expected to ask NRL auditor Ian Schubert for clarification over how much of Gasnier's contract must be included in this year's cap.
Given the Dragons are already close to the $4.1 million ceiling, the prospect of match payments taking the portion of his deal included in the 2010 cap above $100,000 could end Gasnier's desire to return to his former club - at least this year.
So keen is Gasnier to return to the NRL that he has shelved talks with rugby union's Melbourne Rebels. The Rebels may be staring at a double blow, with hopes growing at Brisbane that Israel Folau will resist the temptation to go to rugby.
Gasnier, who quit the Dragons in 2008 to play with Stade Francais, is said to be ''almost certain'' to return to Australia, via either the Dragons, the Rebels or the long-shot Queensland Reds. That his earning capacity in rugby union would be largely dependent on whether he makes the Wallabies squad, with a base salary of $200,000, has put the Dragons in the box seat. He is reported to have been offered a heavily back-ended deal with the Dragons, giving him the opportunity to earn double that in 2011 and 2012.
But this season is causing headaches. Gasnier, who quit the NRL due to the collapse of third-party deals, has been offered a base salary of $50,000 plus $4000 a match. But the Dragons face the incentive portion ballooning their 2010 player payments over the cap. The match payment portion to be included in the cap would be calculated based on the likely number of matches Gasnier would play this season.
If Schubert deems that the Dragons need to include Gasnier in the cap based on his playing 15 matches - the Dragons can play a maximum of 19 more games this season - his salary would head towards $110,000.
Gasnier may have an ally in fellow convert Lote Tuqiri. Schubert is believed to have determined that Wests Tigers include 13 matches of Tuqiri's deal in this year's cap, because he played that many games for the NSW Waratahs last year. Dragons officials will no doubt argue that it would be unfair for them to be forced to include more match payments for Gasnier in the salary cap than Tuqiri.
It emerged yesterday that the Dragons have held talks with the NRL over the prospect of Gasnier re-joining the club for several months. Gasnier's manager, George Mimis, is expected to meet Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and coach Wayne Bennett this week.
Folau, meanwhile, is expected to make a decision on his future early next week. He failed to activate the final two years of his deal with the Broncos, but chief executive Bruno Cullen said he was ''hoping that we can come up with something'' to entice him to stay in rugby league.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Saint Doc, that article could have been written by Biker Dragon and it would have made more sense.

RedVDave

First Grade
THANKS to Mark Gasnier's impending return to the Dragons, this is how you're likely to see the Morris twins for the rest of their careers: in opposing colours.
As revealed earlier this year, the Dragons were preparing to reclaim Josh from Belmore in 2012 - but it's now understood the joint venture simply won't have the money or space in their backline to accommodate the Bulldogs star should they snare Gasnier.

"There wouldn't be room for him if Gaz returns," said a Dragons insider. "You can't have them all."

The tryscoring duo have made no secret of their desire to reunite but will have to be content with outings together in representative fixtures.

"It was very special to play with each other for Australia [last year]," said St George Illawarra winger Brett.

"These days the only time we get to play together is during representative football so we will both be staking our claims for a NSW jersey this weekend."
Rugby league fans are bracing themselves for a tryscoring blitz tomorrow night with the pair to lock horns when the Bulldogs take on St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium.

"I think you would have to back Brett for the first tryscorer," Josh said. "I think our brother [Scott] is filthy with me at the moment but he might put his money on me this weekend because [Brett] will be so short. I'll be hoping I get in first."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ris-boys-reunion/story-e6frexnr-1225865730282

What a terrible article!

A) Is Mark Gasnier signed sealed and delivered yet?
B) Coops will be retiring soon so just throw his cash towards Josh seems like a no-brainer to me.