What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return of gaz

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow as a Saints fan whos opinion I respect, give me your honest thoughts on the above situation, would you as a Dragons fan approve of that?

Me, as a League fan would see that as an absolute disgrace and insult on the game (play 1/2 year then piss of to union again), I would hope the Dragons dont give him the chance to win a 6 month premiership and then defect again and even the NRL to step in somehow if they try to sign him for just a 6 month contract.

He either commits to beyond this year or stays away in my opinion.
Why should Gasnier be forced into terms different to any other short term signing?

We don't live in a facist state Simo. If Gasnier and the club agree to terms for this year, that's normal business. I wouldn't like it if someone told me where to work next year. Would you?

Plenty of players have linked up with a club for one year, and even less than a year. As long as they sign before June 30th it's within the NRL rules.

Don't know why there is this anger with Gasnier's decision to switch codes. The NRL and the club agreed to terms but the NRL third party component never came to fruition. Gasnier never broke any contract, his employers didn't come up with the promised money. This was after he had actually knocked back union on the strength of that promise.

If a player plays union, they should be welcomed back to league imo. If we don't, then we are no better than the old union henchmen who issued life bans to football players who converted to league. I'd like to think we're better than that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I wouldn't like it if someone told me where to work next year. Would you?

willow, for 2011, i have secured you a job as team physio for the australian women's hockey team & order you to travel the world massaging the players.

Simo

First Grade
Why should Gasnier be forced into terms different to any other short term signing?

We don't live in a facist state Simo. If Gasnier and the club agree to terms for this year, that's normal business. I wouldn't like it if someone told me where to work next year. Would you?

Plenty of players have linked up with a club for one year, and even less than a year. As long as they sign before June 30th it's within the NRL rules.

Don't know why there is this anger with Gasnier's decision to switch codes. The NRL and the club agreed to terms but the NRL third party component never came to fruition. Gasnier never broke any contract, his employers didn't come up with the promised money. This was after he had actually knocked back union on the strength of that promise.

If a player plays union, they should be welcomed back to league imo. If we don't, then we are no better than the old union henchmen who issued life bans to football players who converted to league. I'd like to think we're better than that.

I am not saying ban him fron coming back, I think if he actually wants to come back sign him, if he is just passing time because the next union season doesnt start for 6 months then it is a bad look for our game and I would hope they dont sign him.

I dont think it does the game any good, the team any long term good and hope he wants to return to play and not just use the game to fill in time.

I am aware it is within the rules and of the original contract issues, this is not what this is about.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I am not saying ban him fron coming back, I think if he actually wants to come back sign him, if he is just passing time because the next union season doesnt start for 6 months then it is a bad look for our game and I would hope they dont sign him.

I dont think it does the game any good, the team any long term good and hope he wants to return to play and not just use the game to fill in time.

I am aware it is within the rules and of the original contract issues, this is not what this is about.

if he signs for 6 months, helps us win a premiership and then goes to yawyon next year again, would you complain?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
willow, for 2011, i have secured you a job as team physio for the australian women's hockey team & order you to travel the world massaging the players.
Sorry, I am already contracted to the womens water polo side. I'm the team towel rack.

Saint Jack

Juniors
If we get him on what they say - and the Cap goes up - and we can pay him as a Marquee, and .... it might work.

We still have to sign Benny H don't we ?

Slackboy72

Coach
Perhaps it would be better to wait to see what happens with the storm cheats.
If cronk were put up for sale I'd take him before Gasnier. And don't forget J Moz.

Godz Illa

Coach
Perhaps it would be better to wait to see what happens with the storm cheats.
If cronk were put up for sale I'd take him before Gasnier. And don't forget J Moz.
"He who hesitates, masturbates". Doust and the Dragons are driving this Gasnier bus at the moment, if we let go of the wheel for a moment some other club will take over. And who's to say Cronk or even J Moz would be available to the open market

Gaz is 2010, 2011 and 2012. JMoz would be 2012 onwards (IF he were to even come back). I'd prefer to focus on 2010 and 2011 before worrying about the slight possiblities of 2012.

New_Era

Juniors

Simo, If we win the Competition Because we did sign him for only 6 months, Would you be in that ?

Thats the Ultimate Goal, THE ONLY Goal for Dragons fans for almost 40 years.

You think we would worry about what he did next year, if having him could mean we win the Comp NOW!!

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Sh!t, they're talking big money again!! If Bennett recons he'll add something I'm happy, it's still a damn fat salary at the end of it all.

Big Norm