What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reynolds and Luke 1 week suspension

rabbitohs95

Bench
there was evidence showing Ennis put him in a dangerous position on the floor.
:lol:

Look at it closely, Ennis comes in at the last second and pulls Luke's legs down whilst he's on his back, then Ennis takes the dive when the kick didn't even connect.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Look at it closely, Ennis comes in at the last second and pulls Luke's legs down whilst he's on his back, then Ennis takes the dive when the kick didn't even connect.

Yep that is what happened it is a joke it pisses me off. The judiciary don't like Souths at the moment.

A couple of weeks ago we played Brisbane and Auva'a was charged for a crusher on Gillett in the 58th minute. There was no penalty in the game it was a normal tackle and the ref was standing right there closely and saw nothing. Now Auva'a has 75 points so any minor slip up and he will be suspended.

Getting back to Issac with an early plea he will have 177 Points so he will have 77 carry over. This means any minor slip up and Issac could be suspended again in finals.

Ennis gets away with bull crap way too much! Why wasn't he charged for what he did to Issac.

Reynolds has accepted one week. Bully is contesting the charge. If he loses, he will now be out for two weeks.

Big gamble at this time of year....

Lets hope it pays off.

souths_pride

Juniors
Reynolds has accepted one week. Bully is contesting the charge. If he loses, he will now be out for two weeks.

Big gamble at this time of year....

Lets hope it pays off.

Yeah especially considering we don't have any hookers left! However, I feel Luke did nothing wrong! Given that Reynolds has accepted his one week ban, I would seriously consider moving Greg Inglis to no. 6 and playing Luke Keary at halfback and Alex Johnston at fullback. I keep hearing that Alex Johnston is an unbelievable fullback and this may be a time to try him out in that role; apparently he has spent plenty of time playing there in training so it could be worth a shot. Greg Inglis has played at no. 6 before and the modern fullback plays like a no. 6 anyway. My main reason for this is that I wouldn't rush John Sutton back (thats even if he is ready) and give him 80 mins for the get go. I would probably play him off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if Inglis does play at fullback and Sutton at five-eight; I'd be hesitant to move Dylan Walker around because he has played so well at centre this season and the experiment of playing him at five-eight earlier this year didn't work.

Yeah especially considering we don't have any hookers left! However, I feel Luke did nothing wrong! Given that Reynolds has accepted his one week ban, I would seriously consider moving Greg Inglis to no. 6 and playing Luke Keary at halfback and Alex Johnston at fullback. I keep hearing that Alex Johnston is an unbelievable fullback and this may be a time to try him out in that role; apparently he has spent plenty of time playing there in training so it could be worth a shot. Greg Inglis has played at no. 6 before and the modern fullback plays like a no. 6 anyway. My main reason for this is that I wouldn't rush John Sutton back (thats even if he is ready) and give him 80 mins for the get go. I would probably play him off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if Inglis does play at fullback and Sutton at five-eight; I'd be hesitant to move Dylan Walker around because he has played so well at centre this season and the experiment of playing him at five-eight earlier this year didn't work.

Sutton was almost ok to play last week. Will be fine for this week.

The Chello

Juniors
Find it a little strange that Luke is fighting the charge. Despite what Ennis did in the tackle which I didn't think was that much, you can't go kicking out like he did. You run the risk of injuring players. Yes, if we had stronger referees who handle the ruck area properly, players wouldn't need to lash out to get free. Ennis milked it for all it was worth. The refereeing in this game was gutless and they had no control over the game.

The real issue here is the carry over points for players with the finals coming up. We need Luke on the park and I can see why he is contesting but it is a big risk.

Reynolds lifted the guy and really was lucky it was only a grade one - wise decision to take early guilty plea I would think, will give him some extra time to get over any injury that he has.

The replacement for both ? Interesting suggestion to put AJ at fullback and GI at 5/8. It really is a nothing game now with the players out and may be worth the risk, however, not sure Madge will be making such a change for just one game.

Think Clark will be hooker if Mcinnes/Apisai are unavailable. He is a solid defender albeit a little slow out of dummy half. Sutton will slot into 5/8 although way down on match fitness which could be telling.
Although this match could decide the minor premiership, as indicated earlier, Sydney teams will finish 1/2 anyway so we won't have to travel, possibly to Allianz stadium.

South Sydney to fight Issac Luke's dangerous contact charge, while Adam Reynolds pleads guilty

League News
Date September 1, 2014 - 12:17PM

Taking on the judiciary: Issac Luke. Photo: Getty Images

South Sydney risk losing Issac Luke for two weeks after deciding to fight a dangerous contact charge at the NRL judiciary.
Halfback Adam Reynolds, however, has taken the early guilty plea for his grade-one dangerous throw charge and will miss Thursday's final-round clash with Sydney Roosters.
Luke was cited for kicking Canterbury skipper Michael Ennis in Thursday's 21-14 win over the Bulldogs.
If the Rabbitohs' challenge is successful, the hooker will be free to play the Roosters at Allianz Stadium. If they lose, he will miss that match, as well as the first week of the finals.
Advertisement
The Rabbitohs are second on the ladder, only narrowly ahead of the Roosters on points difference.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ads-guilty-20140901-10avyq.html#ixzz3C2h0ZUmf

rabbitohs95

Bench
Find it a little strange that Luke is fighting the charge. Despite what Ennis did in the tackle which I didn't think was that much, you can't go kicking out like he did. You run the risk of injuring players. Yes, if we had stronger referees who handle the ruck area properly, players wouldn't need to lash out to get free. Ennis milked it for all it was worth. The refereeing in this game was gutless and they had no control over the game.

The real issue here is the carry over points for players with the finals coming up. We need Luke on the park and I can see why he is contesting but it is a big risk.

Reynolds lifted the guy and really was lucky it was only a grade one - wise decision to take early guilty plea I would think, will give him some extra time to get over any injury that he has.

The replacement for both ? Interesting suggestion to put AJ at fullback and GI at 5/8. It really is a nothing game now with the players out and may be worth the risk, however, not sure Madge will be making such a change for just one game.

Think Clark will be hooker if Mcinnes/Apisai are unavailable. He is a solid defender albeit a little slow out of dummy half. Sutton will slot into 5/8 although way down on match fitness which could be telling.
Although this match could decide the minor premiership, as indicated earlier, Sydney teams will finish 1/2 anyway so we won't have to travel, possibly to Allianz stadium.

Nah i'd have

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Walker
4. Auva'a
5. Lote
6. Sutto
7. Keary
8. George
9. Issac
10. Tyrrell
11. Turner
12. McQueen
13. Sam

14. Clark
15. Lowe
16. Luke
17. Tom

hurricane57

Juniors
hurri, I guess Walker to 5/8, Goodwin to the centres.

Maybe not so bad.

I kinda like the idea some one else had, Inglis to 5/8th Johnson to fullback but you can't put Goodwin in at wing because he can't catch the high ball.
Goodwin should handle centre ok, but not the same side as Lote because together they'd be to slow.

Lote sure has scored some try's of late - might win a contract for next year if he keep going.:lol:

southsport

First Grade
Maybe not so bad.

I kinda like the idea some one else had, Inglis to 5/8th Johnson to fullback but you can't put Goodwin in at wing because he can't catch the high ball.
Goodwin should handle centre ok, but not the same side as Lote because together they'd be to slow.

Lote sure has scored some try's of late - might win a contract for next year if he keep going.:lol:

Merritt could go to fullback and Johnston could stay on the wing.

As far as Lote's good performances of late and his possible re-signing, we have been letting "you know who" know all about it on another forum. :D.........and he's not impressed.

Rabbits20

Immortal
There is no way Dylan Walker should move to 6 I agree with Chello.

We need him at centre otherwise we lose so much as a team especially in speed and attack out wide. I think Goodwin would be a turnstile for Jennings or Kenny Dowall. We don't need Dylan and Lote to be split up they are forming a great combination.

Speaking of Lote he is powerful in his runs and has good leg drive he is also coming into the middle and wanting the ball to help out which is a good sign and fast play the balls too. Good try from him the other night too wasn't an easy pass to catch from Reynolds I think Reddy would have dropped that and possibly Goodwin.

Rabbits20

Immortal
On Issac's charge there wasnt anything intentional when he kicked out. It was a natural reaction which is how anyone would react. Can't believe Ennis didnt get charged with unnecessary neck pressure and charged for what he did with Issac's legs.

Issac got charged with dangerous contact he barely touched Ennis he just exaggerated as usual.
What a garbage ridiculous charge.

souths_pride

Juniors
There is no way Dylan Walker should move to 6 I agree with Chello.

We need him at centre otherwise we lose so much as a team especially in speed and attack out wide. I think Goodwin would be a turnstile for Jennings or Kenny Dowall. We don't need Dylan and Lote to be split up they are forming a great combination.

Speaking of Lote he is powerful in his runs and has good leg drive he is also coming into the middle and wanting the ball to help out which is a good sign and fast play the balls too. Good try from him the other night too wasn't an easy pass to catch from Reynolds I think Reddy would have dropped that and possibly Goodwin.

I agree with you about Lote! He has been absolutely fantastic lately, especially carting the ball off our own goal line. His defence has also been very very good. The way he has been playing I don't see any reason why he can't be at the club next season.

I also agree about Dylan Walker not being move to five-eight. We've already tried that this season and we lost 3 straight games with that experiment. I have no doubt he will eventually become a five-eight; he is very much a centre in the mould of Steve Rodgers in terms of his flair, his creativity and his balance as a runner. It it also important to remember that he is only 19 and that he is settled in his position. Inglis has had plenty of experience playing five-eight for Melbourne. The good thing about playing Greg Inglis at five-eight is that it is going get the Roosters defence thinking about something different because they're not going to be able to kick to his non-fending arm (which is his left); in other words you can use him in a way which will enable him to use his powerful right arm fend more often!

hurricane57

Juniors
Merritt could go to fullback and Johnston could stay on the wing.

As far as Lote's good performances of late and his possible re-signing, we have been letting "you know who" know all about it on another forum. :D.........and he's not impressed.

Good on yer..... I haven't returned to the other site, what ever you do don't tell him about this site, he'll drive everybody away.

Latest posts