What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reynolds and Luke 1 week suspension

southsport

First Grade
Good on yer..... I haven't returned to the other site, what ever you do don't tell him about this site, he'll drive everybody away.

No one is on the old site, I speak to our friend on another forum........mums the word about this forum though, he'd drive us crazy.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Not a fan of moving Inglis to 5/8 because that just causes massive disruption to the team. I'd rather slot Goodwin at centre and Walker at 5/8. Inglis is too much of an enigma to move out of position.

The Chello

Juniors
Luke got off. I only saw the incident once when I commented before but must admit that, after looking at it several times, I can honestly see why he kicked out. He was in an awkward position and it was a reaction. It was not your usual player kicking out, over exaggerating. If that was the case, why is there no charge on Ennis? You see all these crusher type charges lately, does this come under that sort of category? Who knows.....He probably should have been charged for NOT connecting with Ennis....

Very concerned about Jake Friend's injury. Had my reservations about this guy earlier on but, to his credit, has knuckled down and turned into a fine player. No incidents off the field and very solid performer on the field and will be missed by the Roosters. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Now having Luke off, Sutton back, it gives us a chance v Roosters but we will have to be on our game for full 80 minutes to upset them. They were impressive in the way they hung in there against the Storm and eventually cleaned up at the end with their patience winning in the end. Pierce was impressive in this game.

Roosters have a very good side and will be a great match to watch. Just hope we get some decent referees for this one, you certainly hope so given the rubbish we got last week v Bulldogs.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not a fan of moving Inglis to 5/8 because that just causes massive disruption to the team. I'd rather slot Goodwin at centre and Walker at 5/8. Inglis is too much of an enigma to move out of position.

I agree with you fully on that!

Madge also said today Sutto should be ok but he has a few tests to get through tomorrow and hopefully there is no soreness in his knee. Madge said if Sutto doesnt play Dylan will slot in to five eighth.

Rabbits20

Immortal
At first I thought it would be good to move GI to 6 but thinking again he is carrying a bad hip and I think he has some back problems so it wouldn't be worth the risk. Also I don't think Madge wants to change too much at this stage. Greg will still do some ball playing maybe a bit more than normal to help our halves and maybe put up a couple of his bombs.

No Sutto will mean Dylan will go to 6. Would be a good test for him. But I think he would have learnt a lot from when he played at 6 for the first few rounds.

I think the Roosters may win this with their halves I really hope I'm wrong though. Hope Sutto plays cause without Adam we need his solid kicking game and stability.

We all know we can't win a comp with Sutto at 6 but we really need his simple play this week and I think it will help Keary out to just like the end of the Eels game they complemented each other well.

souths_pride

Juniors
I don't think it causes any more or less disruption than having a key player, such as Sutton, out injured as well. The modern day fullback plays much like a five-eight anyway; all it means is that Inglis will play up in the line at second receiver for much of the game which will might be a good thing as it means his powerful fend won't be nullfied by kicking to his left-side. Another positive is that Inglis will have opportunities, depending on the guile of Adam Reynolds, to run at defenders on a one on one situation which is ideally what you want him doing. Finally, its not as if he's never played there before; he played there for Melbourne and in a Grand Final as well! I'd also be very keen to see Alex Johnston at fullback as word within the Souths camp is that hes devastating! In saying that, it probably won't happen because generally speaking, coaches don't move key players out of position unless they ABSOLUTELY have to.