What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhyming slang??

Gav-bt

Juniors
Here's a bit of Cockney rhyming slang:

Elephant & Castle ?
Britney (Spears) ?
Dick Van Dyke ?
Jackson Pollocks ?
Mahatma (Ghandi) ?
Melvyn Bragged ?
Gary Glitter ?

a wellington??

anyways, the saying was something like "i got a ronnie coote last night, but she didn't allow me to mal meninga her" hehe

Sorry about the content of this thread hehe, dont read if easily offended. Are there more?

Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'll have at go at Gavs...

Elephant & Castle. - Arsehole?
Britney (Spears) - Beers?
Dick Van Dyke - Take a hike... fly a kite?
Jackson Pollocks - Bollocks?
Mahatma (Ghandi) - randy?
Melvyn Bragged - Shagged?
Gary Glitter - shitter?

1.) Dog and bone ?
2.) Rub a dub dub ?
3.) Georgie Bests ?
4.) Apples and Pears ?

1.) Dog and bone - phone
2.) Rub a dub dub - scrub a bub?
3.) Georgie Bests - vest
4.) Apples and Pears - dames and mares?? lol

Moffo

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol... got the first one right Moffo...
You need more of a misspent youth to guess 2 and 3....I guess that'll happen soone enough.;)

Georgio Armani= Sandwhich. I understand why but I still dont get how :(
Mark Ramprakash= Slash.
Jodrell Bank= Hahaha, I'll leave that for Bulldog fans! :D
Jamie Redknapp=Crap?
Georgie Best = Boobah's.
Apples and Pears = cares?
Rub a dub dub = ???

H

Hass

Perhaps it's time for a few old favourites

Frog & Toad
Franz List or Adrian Quist
Dog's Eye
Dead Horse

My Grandfather used to call his hat a "titfa", as in tit for tat.

And That'll Do Us Wally Lewis!

Cheers.

H

Hass

I thought more highly of you Moffo. Your dead horse is what goes with your dog's eye...Tomato Sauce.

Franz List and Adrian Quist are both little ditties that rhyme with Pissed.

The best saying to use at parties is "Let's hit the Frog and Toad before we get to Adrian Quist".

P.S. Check out her Eartha Kitts!

Cheers.

Gav...
Where does "sarnie" come from or is it just the said thing? We had a pom on site with us a few months ago that would say he was having Chicken Armanis for lunch (or words to the effect of) which is the only reason I knew it but I still dont understand how "Sarnie" is derived from sandwhich.

El Duque

Bench
Reading this thread reminded me of a bad joke I heard once.Managed to find a few sites with it on it so I'll paste it here.

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan=2> A handsome young man walks into the office of a Hollywood agent with his resume. He introduces himself as Penis Van Lesbian. The agent reviews the young man's slim resume and says, "You have the obvious good looks and excellent demeanor of an actor. I think you could go far. Have you had any roles that I might be aware of." "Other than high school plays, no sir," says the young man. "I know the reason -- it's your name," says the agent. "Penis Van Lesbian is a name that will hold you back. I'd love to represent you, but you'll have to change your name." "Sir," the young man replies, "Penis Van Lesbian was my father's, my grandfather's and his father's name. I will not change it for any reason." "If you won't change your name, I cannot represent you," says the agent. With that, Penis Van Lesbian leaves the agent's office never to return. Five Years Later... The agent arrives at his office and shuffles through his mail. He opens an envelope and removes a letter. A check for $50,000 drops onto his desk. He reads the letter: Dear Sir: Several years ago you refused to represent me unless I changed my name from Penis Van Lesbian. Later, I thought about it and I decided your advice might be a good idea after all. But instead of completely changing my name, I abbreviated it, still keeping the flavor of the original. Now I am a rich and famous actor, known to millions worldwide. I owe you a debt of gratitude for your advice, so please accept this check with my humble thanks -- for it was your idea which has brought me to such wealth and fame. Very Sincerely Yours,
Dick Van Dyke </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan=2></td></tr></tbody></table>

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thats right eels fan.. 'Rub a dub' or Rub a dub dub = Pub

George Bests= breasts, I assume this is what you mean by boobahs?

For those not guessed, Apple and Pears = stares

Dead Horse = sauce (naturally...:))

Latest posts