What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhys Wesser should be dropped

QldPanther

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
Pantherin2005. Have you forgotten his 25 tries from 2003. Plenty of penetration then. What about his blistering early season form. It's not just Wesser's fault we're doing sh!t this year.

I was there in 2003 at the grand final and i do remember following them around and wesser was good. but this is 2005, and its like he has some sort of ill-discipline which has crept into his game. and its not doing the team favours

brandell

Juniors
I said that about a month ago...Nobody listened....I gave up...You should too...Focus on the others...Wesser is the love child...The Prodigal Son...He is Jesus

*Sandy*

First Grade
LOL! It's not that brandell. It's like league freaks campaign against Gowie ... Gowie or Wesser are not the whole team and who are not the only ones to have made mistakes during games. But these blokes that you are dissing on are the same blokes that can win matches and who everyone will call for to play rep matches or be the halfbacks or the fullbacks of the year when they are at their scintilating best.

I can understand and comprehend criticism but when the criticism goes so far that it is so far fectched and not reality anymore then that i cannot comprehend. To drop Wesser or release Gower because he has the "halfback skills of Martin Lang" are a little too far fetched for me to comprehend as justifiable criticism.

brandell

Juniors
I don't think Wesser should be dropped or that we Release Gower. Gower is a great captain, form or no form he is looked at to lead the team around the paddock each week and he does it great, without Gower you would lose a whole lot of heart.

Wesser well I made my comments when he had those brain explosions, and I think at the time I was justified in my opinions of his play. But I haven't seen many games since then and havent heard of any great stuff ups since then so I am one without an opinion. I think he was a little disheartened about not being picked, we just need to stick by him and Gower and I'm sure we will go good, if not this season then the next.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I think they are all a little disheartened at how their season is going.

I think it will be good for Gower to play origin and come off the bench to release some of that pressure build up he is holding. I'm not sure how Penrith will go without Gower on Sunday or Priddis if it comes down to him playing origin too and I'm not going to write off Penrith either and will hope they come through with an upset for the day without our Captain Courageous, but let's face it, it doesnt look like they are going to make the semi's this season so a game with out him won't kill them either.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Your kidding. Wesser has been one of our best all season. I didn't mind his push and shove against the knights as well. Shows he still has passion for the contest. Plus we are a bit thin on outside backs, why drop one of our best?

Big Artie

Juniors
panthersballboy said:
Your kidding. Wesser has been one of our best all season. I didn't mind his push and shove against the knights as well. Shows he still has passion for the contest. Plus we are a bit thin on outside backs, why drop one of our best?

Im been on the site 4 over a year now, and finally I found a tru supporter wif a comment like that, good on yah

panthersballboy

Juniors
Big Artie said:
Im been on the site 4 over a year now, and finally I found a tru supporter wif a comment like that, good on yah

No worries Big Artie. I did get a bit fired up lol. Penrith definitley have big problems but dropping Wesser is not the answer.

bluey

Bench
If you want to drop him please drop him at the sharks as we could do with him.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
Actually no i wouldnt be.........

just think our other origin stars might get put on the market soon.......

*PANTHERS CLEARANCE SALE*

GET EM WHILE THEY ARE HOT

Kilkenny

Coach
Anyone who truly believes Wesser should be dropped has absolutely no idea about the game whatsoever.

He made some mistakes in the loss to Manly and a few since. Big deal. Wesser is a class act and one of the best players in the game. Some of his try saving tackles in recent matches have been outstanding. Obviously goes unnoticed by some of you dunces because you expect him to score 2 and 3 tries each week and if he doesnt he obviously played poorly.

kate

Juniors
I think after today, and keeping in mind last week, that perhaps wesser needs to cool down a bit.... he likes to take his chances with the opposition (not sucessfully either) and its not been paying off for him, or the team....

PantherCraig

Juniors
He deadset should be in Premier League next week. I dont care how good he is or thinks he is.

His game is below par which is only matched by his ill-discipline.

Woeful game today by him and Rooney.