What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richard Fisk - interim CEO

coolumsharkie

Referee
fisk is a known and tested product, and the sharks dont have the time to fluff around for a replacement, especially an unknown

an unknown could be detrimental as the club needs to lure sponsors for next year and a major sponosr to replace LG at that

the decision to take him on board makes sense in that capacity alone, especially when dealing with corporate sponsorship as the name is a known and may instill that bit of extra confidence to get the signature on the dotted line at the end of the deal

forget all the bullsh*t about the resume's rolling in and not being considered because if the club does not obtain a major sponsor for next year then there will be no home games at woolooware in 2010

its harsh, but relatively simple stuff at this stage of the process

the elevation of the footy manager to the title of general manager hints that this is the main angle

Thanks spider

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Was anyone here at the famous Super League meeting at Sharkies where Fisk and Johnny Raper had a slanging match? I was there and it was very entertaining. It is most famous for Mal Meniga questioning what the ARL ever did for him.

Anyway are there any links to this episode? It was in all the news outlets at the time.

SMH says Fisk will be doing a meet and greet tonight, not just with the corporate types, but with the fans and members. So if some guy in a suit & tie wants to say hi and shake your hand it could well be him.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
Problem lies beneath , I mean yes he has all the credentials but isn't that whats been slowing our games growth , the old heads with no clue how to really make a brand name , i mean if his going to sack all the board with there sh*tty paradigm world behind ok , but for your teams sake jury is still out , so to hear all these Cronulla supporters talking like its the one all be f**k all is silly.

Feej

First Grade
Was anyone here at the famous Super League meeting at Sharkies where Fisk and Johnny Raper had a slanging match? I was there and it was very entertaining. It is most famous for Mal Meniga questioning what the ARL ever did for him.

Anyway are there any links to this episode? It was in all the news outlets at the time.
Ahhh, the memories....

I remember being at that meeting and it was great entertainment, especially Meninga's "Whats the ARL ever done for me" gaffe.

I also recall a home game shortly after when they put on all sorts of glitz and glamour to further sate our appetite.

Good times.......

coolumsharkie

Referee
Problem lies beneath , I mean yes he has all the credentials but isn't that whats been slowing our games growth , the old heads with no clue how to really make a brand name , i mean if his going to sack all the board with there sh*tty paradigm world behind ok , but for your teams sake jury is still out , so to hear all these Cronulla supporters talking like its the one all be f**k all is silly.

Dude, WTF??

WILLYSCOTT

Juniors
Ricky's great vision when he joined the club was to turn it into the powerhouse of league, and he had the contacts to do it. We should be inviting directors/CEOs of medium-large Australian businesses to our board, not small fry accountants. A Gerry Harvey, a Katie Page (*shudder*), even ones with a local connection - Dunphy has a lot of time on his hands since flogging Shimano, John Hills from Pipe King, someone from Pfizer at Taren Pt. But an accountant? What does he bring to the table?

Are you involved in big local business? You seem to have some credible knowledge in this and have certainly brought some fair arguments to the table.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Ahhh, the memories....

I remember being at that meeting and it was great entertainment, especially Meninga's "Whats the ARL ever done for me" gaffe.

I also recall a home game shortly after when they put on all sorts of glitz and glamour to further sate our appetite.

Good times.......
the first home game in super league didnt go ahead for legal reasons. I wish I had kept the ticket instead of getting my dough back.

Feej

First Grade
Wasn't our first game against Canberra at the SFS? I think I still have the tix somewhere.

stupidhumour

Juniors
Yes, yes we did - was there too.

Premiership Round 1, Monday 3rd March 1997.

Cronulla 26 (Mathew Rogers 2, Andrew Ettingshausen, Richard Barnett, Geoff Bell tries; Mathew Rogers 3 from 6 goals) beat
Canberra 4 (Damon Booby try; David Furner 0 from 1 goals)
at Sydney Football Stadium.
Half time: 22-0. Scrums: 10-10. Penalties: 6-3.
Crowd: 22,653. Referee: Graham Annesley.
Television: NINE.
Cronulla: David Peachey; Richard Barnett, Geoff Bell, Andrew Ettingshausen, Mathew Rogers; Mitch Healey, Paul Green; Les Davidson, Dean Treister, Danny Lee, Sean Ryan, Nathan Long, Tawera Nikau; Jason Stevens, Chris McKenna, Tiaan Strauss, Adam Dykes.
Canberra: Ken Nagas; Damon Booby, Ruben Wiki, David Boyle, Noa Nadruku; Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart; Quentin Pongia, Simon Woolford, Luke Davico, Brett Hetherington, David Furner,
Bradley Clyde; Jason Burnham, Ben Kennedy, David Westley, Matt Gaffa.
Man of the match: Tawera Nikau.

http://www2.hunterlink.net.au/~maajjs/aus/res/aus1997s.htm

Last edited: