What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie Benaud

Captain BF

Juniors
During the cricket the other night when Richie Benaud was commentating on the Aussies field settings he quoted Peter Sterling. It was the situation when Sterlo had been kicking down field and constantly finding the opposition bcks and had sought some advise from Jack Gibson. Jack's answer to Sterlo was to "kick to the seagulls", which of course means to kick where there were no players.
As a fan of Richie Benaud, it was great to hear him quote one of our clubs greats and show the he is still a closet Parra fan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Captain BF said:
During the cricket the other night when Richie Benaud was commentating on the Aussies field settings he quoted Peter Sterling. It was the situation when Sterlo had been kicking down field and constantly finding the opposition bcks and had sought some advise from Jack Gibson. Jack's answer to Sterlo was to "kick to the seagulls", which of course means to kick where there were no players.
As a fan of Richie Benaud, it was great to hear him quote one of our clubs greats and show the he is still a closet Parra fan.

mate, he's defenitely not in the closet...he's a proud fan.

fish eel

Immortal
his contract obligations probably dont allow it, but wouldnt it be great if we could use him?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he so much an Eels fan, he played cricket for Cumberland, which was then the old Cumberland Oval

parra pete

Referee
Twizzle said:
he so much an Eels fan, he played cricket for Cumberland, which was then the old Cumberland Oval

During my time, I remember Cumberland using Merrylands Oval.
I can remember a match between Cumberland and Randwick..have to be early sixties....featuring Richie and John Benaud, Doug and Terry Walters for Cumberland with Wesley Hall (West Indian) and David Sincock (from memory) playing for Randwick....It packed the place...for Club cricket that was rare...
Cumberland Oval had a dirt track around it, with big white fence around the playing perimeter.
It was primitive..but you couldn't match the atmosphere at football...Aaaaah those were the days....

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
his contract obligations probably dont allow it, but wouldnt it be great if we could use him?

unfortunately, he's never seen an Australian winter in 30 odd years due to his committments in England.

fish eel

Immortal
Stagger eel said:
unfortunately, he's never seen an Australian winter in 30 odd years due to his committments in England.

hasnt he given those up now?

I think he lives that 6 months in france in anycase.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
hasnt he given those up now?

I think he lives that 6 months in france in anycase.

you're right, I still think he's doing a little bit of work in England....but he may be semi retired from that gig.

parra pete

Referee
tollgateadzy said:
he works for channel 9 .. maybe he could do a guest spot on friday night football ???

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Humphrey B Bear works for channel 9...what about him too!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Haynzy said:
Pete you wally !!!!!

Humphrey doesn't speak ;-)

:lol:

That'd have to be an improvement over some of the trash that comes out of Rabbit's mouth. :lol:

Suity

Latest posts