What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie William's future..

ShineDog

Juniors
Will the Dragons demote Richie back to Premier League next match???

I thought Braith Anasta played an excellent game on Anzac Day , and has been in excellent form this year despite his teams current form.

Williams obviously put extra pressure on his team mates before the match.
Williams form IMO did not warrant selection in Jersey Flegg let alone a halves position in the Dragons First grade team.

For the Dragons sack, I hope they make positional changes sooner rather than later.

Hutty1986

Immortal
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
ahah Sucked in, i love it when the dragons are struggling

Hahahahaha, as opposed to the eternal struggles of your pathetic rabble of a club :lol: :lol:

1800 10 10 10

Godz Illa

Coach
Rugby league fans are a peculiar bunch. A player can be dismissed as less than Flegg quality simply for shooting his mouth off. Mundine's career is nowadays dismissed with casual ease by most rugby league fans for this very reason, and after one short interview, Richie Williams is the most despised player in the game.

I had no problem with the interview. It added a touch of theatre to the battle with Anasta, and their clash at the scrum was great to watch. Some are unhappy that it put too much pressure on his team mates - pity the precious players. They've got a bipolar fan base baying for the blood of players, coaches and administrators after 5 straight losses - pressure is constant.

Braggadoccio aside, Richie has not been playing all that bad - considering the situation at St George with injuries to key players.

As a side note, he does have one impressive achievement to his name: suddenly everyone loves Braith Anasta.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As a side note, he does have one impressive achievement to his name: suddenly everyone loves Braith Anasta.
Not at all, I am pissed at Richie because I wanted to clap Canatsa.

Godz Illa, I respectly remind you Mark Gasiner having a very sore chest is the only reason we have heard of Richie.

Once Dead

Bench
What Richie said about Anasta was RIGHT....if anyone else with a higher profile had said it, there would be no drama......problem is, he isn't one to talk

Nathan B

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
Rugby league fans are a peculiar bunch. A player can be dismissed as less than Flegg quality simply for shooting his mouth off. Mundine's career is nowadays dismissed with casual ease by most rugby league fans for this very reason, and after one short interview, Richie Williams is the most despised player in the game.

I had no problem with the interview. It added a touch of theatre to the battle with Anasta, and their clash at the scrum was great to watch. Some are unhappy that it put too much pressure on his team mates - pity the precious players. They've got a bipolar fan base baying for the blood of players, coaches and administrators after 5 straight losses - pressure is constant.

Braggadoccio aside, Richie has not been playing all that bad - considering the situation at St George with injuries to key players.

I think Richie Williams is a whole lot smarter than everyone's given him credit for.

The Footy Show is now treating Anasta as the next Rugby League God, all after just two decent games for the Roosters.

I can smell another overrated award for Braith, and if the media keep up the love affair, it will be well deserved.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Richie Williams future? He has a long and pretty successful one in the NRL in front of him as far as I can see. He just needs to learn what to say and when to say it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
he needs to be under the guidence of a coach with some balls ie Steve Folkes or Tim Sheens.

innsaneink

Referee
Some clown ringing up the radio stations this morning saying his dad was sick and he was mis-quoted....

Godz Illa

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Godz Illa, I respectly remind you Mark Gasiner having a very sore chest is the only reason we have heard of Richie.
True, but you'd have heard of him eventually. Ideally he'd be eased gradually into top grade via the bench - and this was mooted among Saints fans prior to the Gaz-pec catastrophe - but necessity's a motherf*cker.

I found another positive btw - this adverse publicity should make him easier to retain when he comes off contract this year. Should scare a few clubs off.

sharko

Juniors
Godz Illa said:

The common denominator for most of the critics of Mundine and now Williams is quite clearly their "aboriginality".
Williams was foolish for mouthing off before a match in such a fashion but the level of abuse directed to him is bringing out the red neck racist that linger just below the surface of many posters and media commenattors..it is ugly to see it bubble forth but they seem unable to control it!

phonetic

Juniors
Richie has a big future.

Perhaps when our 'boom young forwards' start booming forward with a bit more zest and regularity, we will see Richie Williams display what he is truly capable of.

Anasta blew up about nothing here. Richie was just saying what everyone was thinking. Perhaps he should have shown a bit more respect, but meh, he didn't. Perhaps Anasta should have shown a bit more class, but meh, he didn't.

Williams has made some strides behind a pack that has been dominated week in week out. I can't imagine Braith could have done any better.

But damn, Erin McNaught is something ain't she!

Ice777

Bench
sharko said:
The common denominator for most of the critics of Mundine and now Williams is quite clearly their "aboriginality".
Williams was foolish for mouthing off before a match in such a fashion but the level of abuse directed to him is bringing out the red neck racist that linger just below the surface of many posters and media commenattors..it is ugly to see it bubble forth but they seem unable to control it!

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to pull the inevitable race card. Are people not allowed to comment on somebody of aboriginal desent making outlandish statements at the risk of being branded a racist? FFS stop being so precious, if you do the crime then do the time so to speak no matter what the colour of you skin.

simon says

First Grade
Yeah......you hear blokes like Preston Cambell,Peachey,Prince,Widders,etc etc etc copping it on here all the time because of their heritage.There must be hundreds of players with an indigenous background playing in the NRL.

Williams had a mouth explosion of the kind unheard of since Mundine......thats the common denominator.....not their skin colour.

i like williams. he has shown glimpses of being a special player, especially in the first game against the titans. he tried hard on wednesday, doing different things like chip / chase, and made some really good busts in a side that otherwise looked clueless in attack.

he has some pretty special blood in his veins.

had the dragons won the game, he wouldn't be copping it now. easy to find a scapegoat when the team loses.

hrundi99

First Grade
sharko said:

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Both blokes have big mouths and are arrogant.

Mundine WASN'T better than Daley or Fittler. Arrogance is part and parcel of boxing so I take his more recent comments with a grain of salt.

Williams is not the player Anasta is, and he didn't play all over him, as his Father supposedly said.

It's called misplaced arrogance, and it's a sign of a family out of touch with the rest of the population.

Their "Aboriginality" has absolutely nothing to do with it. I've never seen anything like this from Blacklock, Campbell, Nagas, Chicka, Lyons, etc etc...