What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie William's future..

simon says

First Grade
I agree......he is copping it deluxe......

If he hadnt opened his trap this wouldnt have happened.

He brought t upon himself 100%.

I also agree that he looks to be a very fine player......if he can get the mug out of his game he could be really good.

hrundi99

First Grade
Ice777 said:
I'm surprised it took so long for someone to pull the inevitable race card. Are people not allowed to comment on somebody of aboriginal desent making outlandish statements at the risk of being branded a racist? FFS stop being so precious, if you do the crime then do the time so to speak no matter what the colour of you skin.

Yeah it's called "when political correctness goes wrong".

kooriguy

Juniors
i aplaud williams why not talk yourself up there is nothing at all wrong with it, he has also made himself famous at the same time, he went from 'that new guy at dragons' to 'richie williams.'

and i dont believe colour has to do with it, he does remind me of mundine alot and thats a compliment, you go son.

Balmain_Boy

I think the vitriol directed at Williams has been a little over the top. BUT, I struggle to work out what he was thinking? At least Mundine waited until he had some sort of standing in the game and MOST of the time talked himself up rather than his opponent down. Williams' behavior to Anasta was just offensive and unnecessary. Especially to a bloke who has achieved three times what he has in the game.

Mundine came out and talked about Williams just being confident. That's fine, but really, there's no need to denigrate Anasta.

Ice777

Bench
dallymessenger said:
had the dragons won the game, he wouldn't be copping it now. easy to find a scapegoat when the team loses.

I don't recall reading or hearing in any type of media/forum where Williams was made a scapegoat for the loss. The only issue most people have including his coach, the Dragons hierarchy and some players is that he mouthed off when he shouldn't have. They weren't blaming him for anything other than having a big gob. Oh and the Dragons didn't win the game so hypotheticals hold absolutely no water in this case.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well of course a jurno had to ask Mundine

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21627956-23214,00.html

Mundine stood solid behind Williams but stressed he would have to back up any boastful comments.

"I believe he has the right to say what he wants," Mundine said. "Richie should he able to express himself and there shouldn't be any pressure from the club. He should be allowed to say what he thinks, why not?

"You shouldn't go around putting gags on people just because they want to back themselves.

"Who cares what Braith Anasta says? Richie can say what he likes and Braith can say what he likes. It's a two-way street."

But Mundine had a warning for young Williams.

"Richie's got to back it up," Mundine said. "If you talk smack about this and that, you have to back it up.

"But you can't talk yourself up and not deliver. That's the challenge for him now. I'm sure he can back it up. He wouldn't talk if he didn't think he could back it up."

Mundine said he always backed up his comments about legendary opponents Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler.

"There was talk about Fittler and Daley," Mundine said. "I backed it up.

"Those two players saw the results on the field.

"I thrive on pressure. That brings out the best in me. That happened when I played league and played against Daley and Fittler.

"Their teams never beat mine in five years. I always outplayed them when we played Easts and Canberra. They can vouch for that."

Daley responded last night by saying: "I'd love to reply but I'm too busy dusting my trophy cabinet."

LOL on ya Lozza.

hrundi99

First Grade
kooriguy said:
i aplaud williams why not talk yourself up there is nothing at all wrong with it, he has also made himself famous at the same time, he went from 'that new guy at dragons' to 'richie williams.'

and i dont believe colour has to do with it, he does remind me of mundine alot and thats a compliment, you go son.

Misplaced arrogance is embarassing. Give him a few years and he'll probably be a quality player. He can brag then if he likes.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i honestly see nothing wrong with what richie has done....

deadset just sead anasta isnt the player he used to be..... now all the media are behind anasta etc. Anasta isnt the player he was, when he did play for Aus and NSW.

Nathan B

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
i honestly see nothing wrong with what richie has done....

deadset just sead anasta isnt the player he used to be..... now all the media are behind anasta etc. Anasta isnt the player he was, when he did play for Aus and NSW.

Exactly right.

He won rookie of the year (and some year that was) and a premiership with the Dogs. He's done f*ck all at the Roosters. But let's not bring that up... it might hurt Braith's feelings.

I can't imagine what people would do if they were exposed to some American athletes. The trash-talk, disrespect and offence would send them running for the hills. In no way do I want Australian sport to sink to that level, but at least all the trash-talk in the US has made American commentators, journos and fans understand the difference between the truth and real disrespect. You'd never see a Sports show (like the Footy Show) attack a player for speaking the truth about a colleague. In fact, they'd be more than happy to do it themself.

I applaud Williams speaking his mind. I also applaud Braith for giving it back to him afterwards. All good for the game. Just learn how to back it up.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Jatz Crackers said:
Too late. Already has.

Fact: Mundine was sledged for mouthing off - and now he will be remembered as one of our great ambassadors in boxing - and rightly so.

I think it's great that a young bloke, self-confident, talks himself up. It beats the same old slack-jawed crap about "boys are looking forward to it - or boys did well etc etc".

I think Braith is pissed off because his ex is still such a BullDogs "supporter".

Rockin Ronny said:
Fact: Mundine was sledged for mouthing off - and now he will be remembered as one of our great ambassadors in boxing - and rightly so.

I think it's great that a young bloke, self-confident, talks himself up. It beats the same old slack-jawed crap about "boys are looking forward to it - or boys did well etc etc".

I think Braith is pissed off because his ex is still such a BullDogs "supporter".

Ambassador :lol:

Ice777 said:
I don't recall reading or hearing in any type of media/forum where Williams was made a scapegoat for the loss. The only issue most people have including his coach, the Dragons hierarchy and some players is that he mouthed off when he shouldn't have. They weren't blaming him for anything other than having a big gob. Oh and the Dragons didn't win the game so hypotheticals hold absolutely no water in this case.

what i meant was that had they won, nobody would've cared what he said about anasta. only because they lost is it an issue.

i hope he concentrats on his game, he looks like a proper 5/8th, unlike the manufactured ones that run around in most NRL teams.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Daley owned mundine back when they were playing, and it seems based off this latest article, still does

Mundine = Daley bitch :D

phonetic

Juniors
He owned him? I don't know. I remember one afternoon at Kogarah oval that got very ugly for Daley's Raiders. It included a choc try where he left Daley for dead then ran about 80 metres to score. It might have been 99.

Also a qualifying final where we said goodbye to the Raiders in 1996, choc was involved there.

Not sure if anyone 'owned' Choc. Some opposition fans might be letting their dislike for him distort their memories.

Latest posts