What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie Williams signed - will start playing for Penrith next week ???

mightypanther

Juniors
Richie Williams has signed to play for us. Just heard it on 2GB.

Andrew Moore announced it and he said it was confirmed by our CEO Glenn Mathews. Don't know how long for, but he is available to play for us starting next week.

I want to say that I hope he can reach his untapped potential at the Panthers, the potential we know he has but hasn't completely shown yet...

This was said by a panther fan nicknamed kipanther. He said he heard it announced on 2GB radio tonight.

Can anyone else confirm this announcement?

And if true, I wonder if it will be announced officially on PI tonight, or will they wait until tomorrow?

Richie is a tremendous talent, and would be a massive signing, if this is true.

He Needs To Work on his on-field behaviour, he gave away too many penalties today, and isnt the best defender, but his attack and his kicking game is very solid in contrast to being a rookie in the NRL.

He Will Be Missed at St George, Rangi Chase doesnt have nowhere as near potential as Richie, and really they got rid of the wrong bloke imo

elusive winger

Juniors
Yes, it's exactly as he says. I heard it all the way up here at Taree, listening on the net.

He wasn't all that flash today though i might add.

Cheers.

Oh, I'm trying to sell a brand new penrith footy jumper on ebay if your after a deal.

Thanks

E.W

elusive winger said:
Yes, it's exactly as he says. I heard it all the way up here at Taree, listening on the net.

He wasn't all that flash today though i might add.

Cheers.

Oh, I'm trying to sell a brand new penrith footy jumper on ebay if your after a deal.

Thanks

E.W

Richie had a poor game in his standards, but i was pleased of his performance a couple of weeks ago against the broncos i think it was.

For The Record Mate, I Live at Forster, I go into taree like 3 days a week

Well if he has signed we should start playing him at 5/8th immediatley.

sorry Peter Wallace you can work on your skill for the broncos in premier league.

while where on the foster/Taree love in , i may aswell mention my family has a house just south of foster at Smith's Lake , great part of the world.

choc_soldier

Coach
To be honest, he'll even struggle to get a run in PL - the halves there are Firman and Trindall. I can't see Elliott dropping Wallace to accommodate for him either.

I think he'll either come off the bench in PL, or (if he still qualifies) maybe even starting in Flegg (and if so, adding even more strikepower to an already awesome line up).

herbert henry1908 said:
Well if he has signed we should start playing him at 5/8th immediatley.

sorry Peter Wallace you can work on your skill for the broncos in premier league.

while where on the foster/Taree love in , i may aswell mention my family has a house just south of foster at Smith's Lake , great part of the world.

I only just moved from sydney like a month ago, so its pretty hard to adapt to this new area, especially theres limitations from what you can do, but its a great retirement village, and its pretty much a miniature version of the gold coast in forster, high rises everywhere.

choc_soldier said:
To be honest, he'll even struggle to get a run in PL - the halves there are Firman and Trindall. I can't see Elliott dropping Wallace to accommodate for him either.

I think he'll either come off the bench in PL, or (if he still qualifies) maybe even starting in Flegg (and if so, adding even more strikepower to an already awesome line up).

He cant play flegg , he's 21 years old.

and if elliot doesnt drop wallace soon im going to be pretty annoyed , for the life of me i cant see any benefit in keeping him in the team , give firman a crack at least. If the dragons had won today we would be stone motherless last , seriously , whats the point in keeping wallace in first grade?

Panther

Juniors
I think Elliott may be giving Firman more time.He's only had two games since the trial.
If the Williams story is true that may mean Firman won't get a chance in firsts at all.

C.P

Juniors
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/gallop-fuels-petero-fire/2007/06/17/1182018937952.html

On another day of drama on the player market, it was revealed that brash young St George Illawarra five-eighth Richie Williams would join the Panthers immediately after being released by the Dragons, while club chief executive Peter Doust said he was "very positive" about this week re-signing Jason Ryles.

The Panthers will sign Williams for the remainder of this season and another two, but with Peter Wallace at five-eighth it is unclear where the precocious 21-year-old will fit in this year

mxlegend99

Referee
Here's hoping he goes straight into our first grade team.

He is a little sh*t. But he has talent and runs at the line. He is a completely different player to Gower, which worked extremely well for Preston Campbell. Although i'd shift Gower to hooker, and have Williams and Firman as our halves. A fresh start

Black Majik

Juniors
choc_soldier said:
I can't see Elliott dropping Wallace to accommodate for him either.

I can. Drop the useless no show now. Williams has a sweet passing style that Pritchard and T will love to run onto.

Panther

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Here's hoping he goes straight into our first grade team.

He is a little sh*t. But he has talent and runs at the line. He is a completely different player to Gower, which worked extremely well for Preston Campbell. Although i'd shift Gower to hooker, and have Williams and Firman as our halves. A fresh start
Where would you put Priddis?

*Sandy*

First Grade
mightypanther said:
This was said by a panther fan nicknamed kipanther. He said he heard it announced on 2GB radio tonight.

Can anyone else confirm this announcement?

And if true, I wonder if it will be announced officially on PI tonight, or will they wait until tomorrow?

mp, we need a link to that source added in.

On Wallace. Drop him already!!!! Personally I think it's useless persisting with him.

Well well well still they call foe wally's head funny it seems to me half the people ive talked to who have made comments like that are the same ones who tried to belittle me at the start of the season when i called for firman at 5/8th i think there were even people on here whose names will go unstated who said give a junior a chance.

I admit that wally has skills BUT a) firman always should have been our 1st choice 5/8th and b) after the roosters game well i was dissapointed wally made several bad decisons and that final try he chased he got close and he just stopped and planted himself in the mud.

That about sums him up if you ask me send him to the broncos and welcome the man who can change our season he plays like presto including the bad defense unfortunately but he can help turn things around which shall be fun.

Drop worth for a few weeks gower and williams sto start and firman on the bench.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Cannot believe people want Peter Wallace dropped.He is contracted for the rest of this year and isn't this years comp still going and there to be won if you can string together 4 wins it puts the bottom teams back in the frame.If he is contracted you have to pick the best side now.Otherwise you may as well play the young blokes from flegg/ball teams saying we are going to win the comp in 2009.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Agree wallace should be dropped, not because his doing any worse than anyone else in the side but because his signed elsewhere and we're near the bottom of the ladder anyway.

If we going well it might be a different matter but we're not.

mightypanther

Juniors
PK said:
mp, we need a link to that source added in.

Sorry PK I can't.

Roo told me that I was not allowed to do any more direct links to PI, and that's where it came from.

So, instead I just copied the important bits, but this has been reported on many news websites now anyway, so it's common knowledge now.

*Sandy*

First Grade
The Wrong Eye said:
Cannot believe people want Peter Wallace dropped.He is contracted for the rest of this year and isn't this years comp still going and there to be won if you can string together 4 wins it puts the bottom teams back in the frame.If he is contracted you have to pick the best side now.Otherwise you may as well play the young blokes from flegg/ball teams saying we are going to win the comp in 2009.

I don't think he's been that good for us. The only time he has been great was against the Bulldogs and i think the last game was Manly. Against the Broncos I think it was his field goal that got him praise.

He may well develop into a great player as the years go on but the combination between Gower and him has not worked out.

I also don't think Firman is our answer but I'd rather start experimenting. I believe there is no use in persisting with a halve combination that is going no where fast.

*Sandy*

First Grade
mightypanther said:
Sorry PK I can't.

Roo told me that I was not allowed to do any more direct links to PI, and that's where it came from.

So, instead I just copied the important bits, but this has been reported on many news websites now anyway, so it's common knowledge now.

There must be some misunderstanding then and I thought something was up when I noticed a few of your posts weren't linking.

To clear it up.

Yes we accept and NEED links to articles and quotes from other sites. I will apologise on behalf of all us moderators for any misunderstanding in this.

Here is the guidelines: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/static/forumrules.php

SOURCING MATERIAL
Sourcing material means providing due credit to the ORIGINAL source
. If that source has an URL (website) link, then the URL must be included. If no URL is available, then the published reference must be included in the post. Please note that while the member posting the published source is entirely responsible for its validity, the Admin and Mods of LeagueUnlimited may remove any post or source reference at their discretion.
IMPORTANT: Sourcing material with an URL link does not mean putting in a link to a third party website. That is, websites or forums where the original material has been copied from the original publication. In particular, members are restricted from using another publisher's material for the purpose of advertising their own website or publication. (see Advertising)
forums@leagueunlimited.com