What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie Williams signed - will start playing for Penrith next week ???

Godz Illa

Coach
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Richie had a poor game in his standards, but i was pleased of his performance a couple of weeks ago against the broncos i think it was.
lol Richie didn't play that night, the player you saw was Rangi Chase, who apparently "doesnt have nowhere near the potential".

Back on topic congrats Penrith on the signing, the kid has talent. He's been inconsistent this year but that is hardly surprising for a rookie in a struggling injury ravaged team. Throw in his apparent attitude issues and he can be considered a gamble but in my opinion he will pay off. Good luck to all parties.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I would have loved for this to be a swap.

Peter Wallace will be twice the player Richie ever will be & personally I'm glad he is no longer with Saints.

Panthagrey

Juniors
This is now up on the Panthers Interactive website..... (Editing in link): http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=485

Jun 18 - Former Dragons five-eighth Richie Williams has been signed by Penrith and will begin training with the club this week.
"The Dragons released Richie last night and he will begin training with us in the next day or so," said Rugby League General Manager Michael Leary. "He has been signed for the remainder of this season plus one year at this stage.
"I'm not yet sure of Matt Elliott's plans, but Richie could play for us in either 1st Grade or Premier League this weekend."
Both sides are playing in New Zealand.
Michael also announced that Canberra youngster Josh McCrone is joining the Panthers.
The 20 year-old half-back has yet to make his first grade debut. "Both Matt Elliott and I think he is an exciting prospect," Michael said.
Back

The Tank

Bench
Josh McCrone from the Raiders site

mcrone.jpg

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/hq/premier/profiles/

The Rhino

Juniors
Read his profile (McCrone's) and you'll see he has done a "BAA BAA"

(A Terry Lamb, kicked a field goal when down by 2 points!!!):roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

panthersballboy

Juniors
Hmm Williams and McCrone. Williams looks like he can be a solid player if he pulls his head in. Haven't seen much of McCrone but the raiders have a lot of good young halves so not surprising he hasn't had much of a run there. A least we'll have some depth in the halves and blokes putting pressure on each other for spots.

I think our backline has improved dramatically due to quite a bit of depth there and if they don't play well there are guys like Daniella, youngquest and co. looking to get a chance in first grade.

skeepe

Immortal
McCrone was our Jersey Flegg player of the year last year I think. What's doing with the Panthers young halves though, Sammut, Graham etc etc... McCrone is about the same age as them, and Williams not much older.... McCrone is no better than who you already have.

mxlegend99

Referee
Probably a depth signing. Our Number 7 might be opening up next season, with Rumours of us releasing Priddis to go overseas, and shifting Gower to hooker.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Rabbitohs2005 said:
He Will Be Missed at St George, Rangi Chase doesnt have nowhere as near potential as Richie, and really they got rid of the wrong bloke imo

You've got no idea whatsoever. Perhaps Williams has more natural talent those Chase... But Williams has the heart the size of a chopped pea.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Immortal said:
You've got no idea whatsoever. Perhaps Williams has more natural talent those Chase... But Williams has the heart the size of a chopped pea.

Bang on Immortal.

Only sad thing for a Saints fan is that he didn't join your mob;-)

innsaneink

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:
Well if he has signed we should start playing him at 5/8th immediatley.

sorry Peter Wallace you can work on your skill for the broncos in premier league.

while where on the foster/Taree love in , i may aswell mention my family has a house just south of foster at Smith's Lake , great part of the world.

Wallace is 10 x the player Williams is.

rabbitoh 2005 said:
Richie is a tremendous talent, and would be a massive signing, if this is true.

Hes a dud

LeagueLegend

Juniors
lainey said:
Since when???? I missed that one on the mill.....:?

There's been a few whispers about it. With the way he's playing at the moment I'd be happy to see the back of him. I don't understand why the club gave him a 2 year contract. A 1 year extension would have been enough time and Aiton would be suitably up to speed.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
well Aiton's gone to the Dogs.
Gower to go Rugby like he was going to do when he was signing this contract.
Maybe the front of house needs some new signings because the mighty panthers are going backwards at hundred miles $9 for wooden spoon sounds very good.

Fibroman

First Grade
I will reserve my judgement of Williams until I see him play myself.......from beer hill, CUA. From what I hear, he may be in a similar mould to Preston. Solid kicking game and will take the line on in attack, but a bit of a liability in defence. If that is the case, he may not be a bad signing for us, as I think we have really missed Preston in attack this year.

Our defence has been better this year than the past couple of seasons. We need a bit more spark in attack. I have my fingers crossed.

Latest posts