What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richie Williams signed - will start playing for Penrith next week ???

PEPPSY

Juniors
Well its confirmed, havent heard anything about McCrone, but if Williams pulls his head in and his attitude, then he could be a good signing.

choc_soldier

Coach
mightypanther said:
Sorry PK I can't.

Roo told me that I was not allowed to do any more direct links to PI, and that's where it came from.

So, instead I just copied the important bits, but this has been reported on many news websites now anyway, so it's common knowledge now.

Sorry MP, I should have been clearer. The links to PI are only banned if it is to start a fight. If it is just to re-iterate a point constructively, then I personally have no problems with it. Do you agree PK?

I apologise for any confusion. :)

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Williams is good, but needs an attitude change.

Hopefully a new start at the foot of the mountains can change him.

NK Arsenal

Juniors

*Sandy*

First Grade
choc_soldier said:
Sorry MP, I should have been clearer. The links to PI are only banned if it is to start a fight. If it is just to re-iterate a point constructively, then I personally have no problems with it. Do you agree PK?

My only concern is that we continue crediting the source correctly. Hopefully by adding an extension to your previous warning: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=170811, will clear any further misunderstanding. It's all good.

Fibroman

First Grade
novacastrian_panther said:

I will take Williams to Paceway through the week with Big Artie and get him on the Missions and when he has dropped 2 grand in a couple of hours I guarantee he will come back to earth. Then I will get him on the piss with his name sake Danny Williams who can king hit him for another reality check. Then I will introduce him to my ex wife and he will be a shattered shell of a man and humility will return to his personality.:crazy:

smitty

Juniors
Fibroman said:
I will take Williams to Paceway through the week with Big Artie and get him on the Missions and when he has dropped 2 grand in a couple of hours I guarantee he will come back to earth. Then I will get him on the piss with his name sake Danny Williams who can king hit him for another reality check. Then I will introduce him to my ex wife and he will be a shattered shell of a man and humility will return to his personality.:crazy:

LOL
good plan
he is a real genuine raw talent, but definitely needs to have some wise heads around to keep him in line
i think he will do better under a more experienced coach like Elliot. It seems that Elliot has done an alright job with Nathan Smith this year, considering he was a boozehound at the raiders - now he is a 40 tackle a game man

lets just keep richie away from gowie and craig trindall!

mightypanther

Juniors
choc_soldier said:

No worries Roo,

It's just that you need to explain things very simply for the dummy..:oops:

I think I've got the hang of it now..:sarcasm:

The Rhino

Juniors
mightypanther said:
No worries Roo,

It's just that you need to explain things very simply for the dummy..

I think I've got the hang of it now..

You sure now!???:lol: No comment required in relation to explaining things!!!:lol: :lol: :p

Fibroman

First Grade
EzyG said:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/panthers-embrace-new-boy-williams/2007/06/18/1182019029058.html

More speculation for us to ponder on from this article.

The plot is developing, not though as we wished
what's is the twist?, we're all guessing
rest Pridis? Gower to #9 Richie to #7?
Wallace to PL...?

All will unfold

Interesting article. I must say, Priddis has been well down on his best, and a reluctant from Gowie to take the line on would suggest a move to Hooker may not be such a bad thing. Once again, that leaves Paul Aiton in no mans land which is disappointing, because I like the added spark he puts in our attack when he's out there, and just quietly, he makes quite a few tackles, and like Gowie, I think he plays well above his weight.

EzyG

Juniors
all has been revealed Fibroman, the team list is up in the Rnd 15 thread.
Aiton has been given alot more responsibility, can hardly wait for the game to see what these fresh changes bring.
Good luck to Blair, hopefully he can develop a partnership with Gowie over the next few weeks. I like these changes & have been hoping for them but, I'm glad we don't have a coach who decides to have a massive cleanout/walkout mid season. Elliots pace is assuring & I beleive will bring a bolsted effort from the players to retain/compete for their gersey's without putting to much pressure on them.

Kilkenny

Coach
For the Panthers to have any chance whatsoever of making a late charge for the top 8 I would be going with the combination of

9 - Gower.
7 - Firman.
6 - Wallace/Williams.

Gower to play 80 minutes an no second hooker off the bench. That's probably harsh on Priddis and Aiton but we need a bench of four forwards off the bench comprising of Grant, Moors, Norrie and perhaps Rodney when fit.

I accept most will disagree with my choice of Bryan Norrie but seriously this guy is tremendous week in week out in PL. Was the undoubted MOM again on weekend against Newtown. His work rate is tremendous and I think is well worth an extended run in the top grade. At the very least is far better proposition that Worth(less).

Big Mick

Referee
Agreed...i hope he takes that coinfidence from PL to the top grade. He'll get his chance next week i believe.

Munky

Coach
I'd rather Firman or Trindall instead of Williams.

Williams has nothing that suggests he belongs in first grade.

Don't even get me started on Sammut.

Big Mick

Referee
u don't think Sammut is ready for first grade Munky?

He's twice the player of Wallace already but stuck in PL.

One thing but..i hope rodney is back this week.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Sammut
6. Williams
7. Caldwell
9. Gower

I think next season that'll be it..

and 09'

1. Jarrod Sammut/Lachlan Coote/Matthew Forwood/Zoram Watane
2. Michael Gordon/Zoram Watane
3. Michael Jennings/Matthew Wright/Greg Waddell
4. Luke Lewis/Brad Tighe/Chevvy Penehoe
5. Luke Rooney/Junior Tia Killifi/Liam Campbell
6. Wade Graham/David Georgiou
7. Dean Caldwell/Richie Williams/Luke Clydesdale
9. Craig Gower/Masada Iosefa/Lancen Joudo

Not bad depth for the years to come...and thats excluding some as well!

i'll do a forwards round up shortly

Munky

Coach
Big Mick © said:
u don't think Sammut is ready for first grade Munky?

He's twice the player of Wallace already but stuck in PL.

I've been calling for Sammut in every other thread relating to team selections.

I thought I'd give it a rest and show my annoyance at the signing of Williams by saying promote Trindall and Firman.

I think Firman is absolute crap these days but still a better option than Williams.

Sammut is being jerked around and if he doesn't get his chance soon I'll wager he'll be carving us up in 09 for another club.

On PI Weaver made a post saying something along the lines of "Winning the lower grades is important to the development of our players."

Shows what the club is doing with Sammut and other promising players, deliberately holding them back.