What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Bourke

Quigs

Immortal
Ive Just posted this on the "Sad News" thread.

I remember the thread being posted some time back about Rick Bourke being ill.

Rick played in the 73 grand final and scored our only try. He was a second half replacement and was fullback.
p-71.jpg

Pic shows a concerned Rogers looking after Bourke after being clipped on his way to the line. I think Lurch O'Neil might of got him with a swinging arm. Manly's winger Max Browne arrived to late. Ref Keith Page is in the process of awarding Rick his Grand Final Try. Ray Corcoran is celebrating in the background.
Try Scored halfway between the sideline and post on the paddo end of the SCG.

And a bloody great try it was too. I saw it from the Hill. Ahhh the memories.

Rick replaced the injured Warren Fisher at halftime. Rick was around when it became part of the game where a lot of the good looking league blokes were into modelling and he, with his surfie looks often appeared in ads in mags and papers modelling clothes etc.

I know a lot of the old blockheads could not believe that players were actually modelling things... crikey.

I don't know of his health status today, but heres hoping all the best for a bloke that has given me great life long memories.

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts