What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart Blowing Up Deluxe

Fire

First Grade
Mate just keep the funny .gifs coming.

Trying to defend Sticky is like me trying to defend

1. Creagh / Hodgo in Origin, or
2. Jamie Soward's face

Someone

Bench
Mate just keep the funny .gifs coming.

Trying to defend Sticky is like me trying to defend

1. Creagh / Hodgo in Origin, or
2. Jamie Soward's face

but it hurts so bad fire, to know that my team is so horseshit and that ricky is the devil. It just hurts.

crying-gif-2.gif

Amadaca

Juniors
When the game was in the balance Hayne went missing in action as usal..he is a notorious bludger when the going gets hot..and yet the commentators and some of half wit mods on this place thinks the sun still shines out of his tail...and Ricky Stuart is a fair weather coach, he will ditch the place before his contract expires.

1000000000x this.

Hayne is a genuine contender for the most over-rated player in the 25 years I've been watching this game. His reputation relative to his performances is just ridiculous.

natheel

Coach
Heaven forbid this happen to a team like dogs or manly there would be riots. But when it happens to eels everyone tells us to suck it up.

natheel

Coach
Pretty much. So suck it up princess.

Haha it's ridiculous. It's almost same with fans there are some that arnt allowed to cop shit and some that its free reign.

Look I agree we are a young side which leads to ill-discipline. This year is obviously going to be a learning year for our guys as we are performing better than previous years and certain players will be leaving so for the boys who will be staying its good to go through some games where the odds are against you. Makes them learn to fight out of it and settle it down an not get frustrated. But the inconsistency of the refs is apauling and had been for a long time. Ricky is speaking his mind and as a parra fan it's finally a great thing to have a coach who won't lay down when it comes to certain aspects of the game. Sk and hagan just sat there and copped it even if the calls were u warranted. We shouldve won that match but a combination of poor discipline and refereeing made it hard for us. If it wasn't Ricky going to blow up another coach would so its good not only for us but for the corner teams a coach puts the refs under question so strongly.

Hope this changes some things

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lets see what Bellamy, hasler, Bennett and others talk about in their press conference if their side is caned 8 to 1 in the penalty count in one half of footy.

Ricky never disagreed with the penalties given but the how could the titans be so perfect

T.S Quint

Coach
We've lost four games so far this year and in only one of them has Sticky criticised the refs.
In a game where they deserved to be criticised as well.
I used to hate Stuart because of his sooking and was worried he was going to bring it to Parra - but what he did after this game was completely justified.

Any other coach would have done the same. Can you name a coach who has never said anything about a ref's performance?

You can say we deserved to lose because we didn't play well and that may be fair enough - we lost our shit in the last 20mins - but when a team is forced to defend for so long while their opposition keeps getting marched downfield even though they're committing the same breaches it's almost impossible for a team (especially one as shit as ours) to hold out.

Snappy

Coach
Same offences ? I didn't see any flying head high tackles, contact to a kickers head, or shoulder charges from the Titans.

T.S Quint

Coach
Same offences ? I didn't see any flying head high tackles, contact to a kickers head, or shoulder charges from the Titans.

You mentioned two legit penalties there.
The second was not illegal and should not have been penalised.
It was a head clash.

Morkel

Juniors
We've lost four games so far this year and in only one of them has Sticky criticised the refs.
In a game where they deserved to be criticised as well.
I used to hate Stuart because of his sooking and was worried he was going to bring it to Parra - but what he did after this game was completely justified.

Any other coach would have done the same. Can you name a coach who has never said anything about a ref's performance?

You can say we deserved to lose because we didn't play well and that may be fair enough - we lost our shit in the last 20mins - but when a team is forced to defend for so long while their opposition keeps getting marched downfield even though they're committing the same breaches it's almost impossible for a team (especially one as shit as ours) to hold out.

Worthy of Hayne grabbing the refs shirt to pull him in to line IMO.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Some people are clearly forgetting Ricky Stuart's past.

Honestly it surprises me it took him this many rounds to get a fine for criticising the refs.

Exactly.......it's a credit to the Eels club that they've managed to keep the whinging merkin quiet for so long

Personally I was expecting this blow up in R1.

The unexpected drubbing of the Warriors was most likely the catalyst for the delay.

A winning Ricky is a happy Ricky.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Mannah was front on and made contact with his opponents shoulder = not a shoulder charge

Another example of the ref penalizing on what he thought happened, not what actually happened, much like Sandow's pass to Tanginoa that was not forward.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It is not unusual for a side to only concede 1 penalty in a half.

Ricky Stuart is the least respectable figure in our game and has a poor history of conduct with regard to officating.

It is easy to be on the side of Daniel Anderson and his team on this issue.

I hope Stuart's side continues to be penalised should their ill-discipline continue.