What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart Blowing Up Deluxe

Bulldog7

Juniors
Ricky, world's worst looser.
1. If every penalty was warranted then suck it up and coach your players to play by the rules. Very childish to swear and carry on - what sort of example is this setting for other coaches.
2. Don't worry about refs not being up to NRL standard, how many players do Parra have who are not up to first grade standard, flogged by 50 two weeks ago.
3. Lack of leadership/captaincy material at Parra, judging by current captains.
4. I think Ricky is dirty at Daniel Anderson for the state he left Parra in when he was punted. Still to be convinced that Ricky is up to NRL standard as a coach, a bit different to taking over from Graham Murray at the Roosters and making the GF in his first year. Ricky needs to coach his fullback to take bombs on the full and not let them bounce.

Haha it's ridiculous. It's almost same with fans there are some that arnt allowed to cop shit and some that its free reign.

Look I agree we are a young side which leads to ill-discipline. This year is obviously going to be a learning year for our guys as we are performing better than previous years and certain players will be leaving so for the boys who will be staying its good to go through some games where the odds are against you. Makes them learn to fight out of it and settle it down an not get frustrated. But the inconsistency of the refs is apauling and had been for a long time. Ricky is speaking his mind and as a parra fan it's finally a great thing to have a coach who won't lay down when it comes to certain aspects of the game. Sk and hagan just sat there and copped it even if the calls were u warranted. We shouldve won that match but a combination of poor discipline and refereeing made it hard for us. If it wasn't Ricky going to blow up another coach would so its good not only for us but for the corner teams a coach puts the refs under question so strongly.

Hope this changes some things

Good post...Stuart made some bloody good points. The refs never explain their decisions...chuck them in front of the media and get them to explain their brain explosions.

About time these clowns were given a serve...

skeepe

Immortal
I wonder what the reaction from Parra fans if I posted the same thing about the Raiders getting a raw deal? I think we all know.

In that hypocritical spirit, suck it up and stop blaming the refs for your own team's ineptness.

WYD

Juniors
I wonder what the reaction from Parra fans if I posted the same thing about the Raiders getting a raw deal? I think we all know.

In that hypocritical spirit, suck it up and stop blaming the refs for your own team's ineptness.
What would your reaction be if your side was winning 22-8, and the officials then decide to penalized you 8 times in a row, allowing the opposition to win the match?

I bet on the Titans so I was laughing but this was a farce.

And for the record, the officials got you home against New Zealand this week as well.

Snappy

Coach
What would your reaction be if your side was winning 22-8, and the officials then decide to penalized you 8 times in a row, allowing the opposition to win the match?

I'd be bloody pissed off that my team was so undisciplined.

And for the record, the officials got you home against New Zealand this week as well.

attachment.php

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

completely agree skeepey

I mean, its not as though you've ever complained about the refs

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ricky Stuart was right in everything he said.

In a game where 40% of tries are scored on the back of penalties i find it hard to believe that anyone can argue against the undeniable influence of referees on a game.

An 8-1 penalty count is such a huge advantage. And the frustrating thing is that if the exact same game was played at Parramatta stadium then there is NO WAY it would have been an 8-1 penalty count in favour of the Titans. They probably wouldn't have called the forward pass either.

Home-town refereeing, especially when the visiting team has a reputation (Eels, Warriors, Roosters) is a huge factor. I mean the Raiders have conceded 3 penalties combined in their last two home games vs Roosters and Warriors.

Now are they really that disciplined? Or do refs just have a hard time finding an excuse to give certain teams penalties?

Garbler

Juniors
Ricky Stuart was right in everything he said.

BS. So refs should front the media to explain their decisions post game? FFS that is the dumbest idea in the world. But yeah good luck with a coach who actually thinks that's worth calling for in a post game press conference...

Tommy Smith

Referee
BS. So refs should front the media to explain their decisions post game? FFS that is the dumbest idea in the world. But yeah good luck with a coach who actually thinks that's worth calling for in a post game press conference...
Apart from that.

I was referring to his comments regarding how the referees police teams differently...

Mr Fourex

Bench
Apart from that.

I was referring to his comments regarding how the referees police teams differently...

Yes because you have undisciplined rabble like the Eels and the Roosters Vs the well disciplined sides (we won't name names here.....)

so of course the referees are going to police teams differently.

It's a pretty simple concept.

Someone

Bench
Yes because you have undisciplined rabble like the Eels and the Roosters Vs the well disciplined sides (we won't name names here.....)

so of course the referees are going to police teams differently.

It's a pretty simple concept.

Footy games should not be officiated or influenced by reputation and that was the point ricky was trying to get across. If its a penalty, blow it, dont warn one player hes got a hand on the ball then next set blow a penalty without warning.

:crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think anyone is saying we deserved to win that game. We "had it in the bag" and imploded, and the Titans were good enough to take advantage.

However, the refereeing was very inconsistent, and that is the frustrating part. Ricky himself admitted the penalties against us were fair (and I agree, but I think the penalty against Hayne when he was tackled in the air and the penalty against Mannah were debatable), but he rightfully asked how the Titans, for doing the same things we got penalised for doing, got away with one or two penalties.

I know his tone is sooky and he's an easy character to dislike, but I don't think his point is wrong, and that does not come from sour grapes. I've made peace with the fact that we SHOULD have won but blew it.

Hanscholo

Bench
I can see why he did it. It was about keeping his players heads up after a big effort fell apart. Scapegoat the refs. Tell the boys to keep their heads up. Standard coaching play.

Doesnt make me think he is any less of a wanker.